tactical myopia
    get to the stars by way of the gutter
    sanctimonious posturing
    quintessential comic representation
    archaic white man warmachine
    so-called progressive contrast
    demagogue shit
    locked into a neoliberal nightmare.
    Nailed it as usual -- thank you for the rejoinder.
    Jumpsuits aren't supposed to cut off circulation to the head, consider sizing up.
    driving demographic growth
    envision these large blockbuster films constructed by studios
    data-driven products.
    fabricated a point
    released by major houses
    fall into this trap
    no need to wear my skin to craft an argument
    If art is incapable of stepping beyond history
    Oh my god stop, stop pretending to be SZ Patrick Bateman.
    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Arkady
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
      But that's the issue. We can say we want things a certain way all we want but if the overwhelming majority of minority roles are lost to white people that's the real issue. It's not a "I just want things to be equal and changing it the other way is just as wrong!!" when you don't experience the issue firsthand. You're not the group being put down and constantly changed so that a movie becomes more marketable/desirable reinforcing the ideas about certain types of movies. The argument isn't just racial issues, it's only a matter of empathy and willing to see problems for how they really are. This shit doesn't affect white people on anywhere near the scale that it affects people of color.

I didn't claim you made the point, what I'm saying is that it doesn't matter how many flips we put out a year. Hollywood will always remain predominately white and the fear of the flip is just inane.

We should never be stepping beyond history. Why do you feel the need to step past it when it's just as relevant now as it ever has been. The issues we face in this country didn't pop up last year, they've been decades forming and brewing. The struggles different groups face is nothing new and has a serious base to it.
      Argument to the stone, you are both fully cognizant of the future and willing to characterize analysis as fear to support your position so there's nothing to speak to.

However:

From the Bunche Center at UCLA. http://www.bunchecenter.ucla.edu/wp-...rt-2-25-15.pdf

You don't need to force-engineer the casting, demand is creating a greater need and opportunity for minority-driven work with time as the country becomes more diverse.

You don't actually need to make shit up either.
      Last edited by Arkady; 09-17-2015, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Arkady
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
        Oh my god stop, stop pretending to be SZ Patrick Bateman.
        Post something interesting that's not related to fanny packs and maybe I'll play you my Genesis collection. You're the one who thinks there's a way to "dress gay" so you're further up the Pierce & Pierce corporate ladder than I.

Comment

• Arkady
          • Apr 2011

Like the poster says, change ≥ rest. You dug up a post from months ago and a photo of a successful pop artist who does charity work and is worth $35 million to come for my hair? We should fuck. Very progressive.

By the way, rhetorically speaking I wonder how many people here have ever had to risk or defend their political identity -- or is it a bunch of white people deciding how minority artists want to achieve equal representation in a vacuum? Also very progressive.

Comment

• LOVE
            • Dec 2007

Where's that gif of Michael Jackson eating popcorn lol.

On a personal note, I'm in favor of whatever system produces the most Adam sandler and Kevin James films, and if they eve make an all female ghostbusters movie I will shoot up a theater

Comment

• HugAndWug
              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
              Argument to the stone, you are both fully cognizant of the future and willing to characterize analysis as fear to support your position so there's nothing to speak to.

You don't need to force-engineer the casting, demand is creating a greater need and opportunity for minority-driven work with time as the country becomes more diverse.

You don't actually need to make shit up either.
              From your link.

Although minorities posted small to modest gains in several Hollywood employment arenas since the last report, they remain underrepresented on every front

"They (Women) remain underrepresented on nearly every front"
              "White males continued to dominate the positions from which green-lighting decisions are made in the Hollywood industry"
              Which goes on to show that white men dominate literally every category.

"But despite modest gains in a few arenas, minority talent remained underrepresented on every fron at the dominant agencies."
              "Figure 11 shows minorities (red line) claimed 16.7 percent of the lead roles in the 174 films examined for 2013, up from 15.1 percent in 2012 and just 10.5 percent in 2011."
              "Minority talent claimed 16.8 percent of the lead roles on cable reality and other shoes during the 2012-13 season, up 3.6 percentage points from the 13.2 percent share the group claimed in 2011-12"
              "Overall cast diversity for broadcast scripted shows declined since the last report. Figure 29 illustrates that 30.8 percent of shows in the 2012-13 season had casts that were only 10 percent minority or less"
              "Figure 32 reveals white actors claimed 81 percent of the 700 roles examined in broadcast scripted programming during the 2012-13 season, while minorities combined for just 19%"
              And my absolute favorite part of this

demand is creating a greater need and opportunity for minority-driven work with time as the country becomes more diverse.
              what's causing the demand isn't identifiable but I'm 100% sure actually making films that aren't full of only white people is a contributor. I'm a pasty ass white dude and it's not trying to talk over minorities and/or decide what "equal representation is", it's saying "Hey things are fucked up right now and it's not right the way minorities are treated in Hollywood"

Comment

• Arkady
                • Apr 2011

Data and delta in data tell totally different stories -- I didn't link without reading the whole thing.

Comment

• HugAndWug
                  • Aug 2014

Data and delta in data tell totally different stories -- I didn't link without reading the whole thing.
                  sorry i only read to page 47 and didn't bother linking the "women and minorities are underrepresented in literally everything ever" that permeates every page but if there was a huge turn around in the last 20 pages please let me know so i can check it out.

Comment

• Arkady
                    • Apr 2011

Where did I say they aren't?

WTF all around indeed, back to bean sprout candids.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

Argument to the stone
                      fully cognizant of the future
                      characterize analysis as fear
                      force-engineer the casting
                      demand is creating a greater need
                      opportunity for minority-driven work with time
                      further up the Pierce & Pierce corporate ladder than I
                      change ≥ rest
                      We should fuck. Very progressive.
                      risk or defend their political identity
                      achieve equal representation in a vacuum
                      Data and delta in data
                      Please tell me you're doing this ironically for the WTF thread.
                      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Arkady
                        • Apr 2011

Dudley it's not my concern if you don't enjoy writing but you'll have to get behind Shucks in the superfan line if you also would like to fuck. Gotta take that lil' cap off though.

edit: The shrine grows, iiixcellent.

Comment

• Resge
                          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                          Please tell me you're doing this ironically for the WTF thread.
                          Turns out some people have a better vocabulary than you do. Shocking.

Comment

• LOVE
                            • Dec 2007

White males defending the status quo, is it ever a good look?

Comment

• Arkady
                              • Apr 2011

Last thing I'll say -- purely for comedy's sake -- but I'm actually not white.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                                • Jan 2008

Last thing I'll say -- purely for comedy's sake -- but I'm actually not white.

-

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎