Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deadboy
    • Jul 2013

He means that the seller accepting an offer doesn't oblige the buyer to pay. And there's no repercussion for the buyer if they don't pay. Feedback doesn't come into it until they've paid through PayPal.

On the plus side, it means that as a seller, you can accept a better offer, should one come along before the first buyer gets around to paying.

Comment

• sunny
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by En. View Post
      H&M x Balmain. Now we laugh.
      No I cry. I got the exact same military coat.

Comment

• sunny
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by round View Post
        Fuck grailed, constantly getting lowballed by everyone, or if someone actually makes a decent offer and you accept, they are not held accountable to pay.
        I got the other experience. One buyer sent the offer of 789,457 for my pants. Of course, I didn't accept it.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Holy shit - this is really interesting. It's the first collab where the stuff looks like the stuff from the brand itself. It's quite a gamble - they are totally risking alienating their core clientele.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tonecrush
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by bukka View Post
            I took off my posting for an RO pod when I got 3 offers from 20 to 50$ for it
            I had my m.a+ derbies up for months and took the price down quite a bit. Took the listing down after I was offered 300, then about a month later I put back up at original price and ended up breaking even. Grailed seems to be most successful overall for getting stuff sold and it's a simple format.
            "Never seen someone treat such a piece of crap excuse for a boot with so much care, and precision."

Comment

• ahn
              • Jul 2012

I don't really understand doing a high-street collab with items that retail at over $600? Or even $300? Am I missing something?
              some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• sunny
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Holy shit - this is really interesting. It's the first collab where the stuff looks like the stuff from the brand itself. It's quite a gamble - they are totally risking alienating their core clientele.
                Indeed. I am planning to sell my Balmain coat immediately.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                  • Nov 2014

Originally posted by ahn View Post
                  I don't really understand doing a high-street collab with items that retail at over $600? Or even $300? Am I missing something?
                  Well, customers will think they still saved some money.
                  "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                  -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sunny View Post
                    Indeed. I am planning to sell my Balmain coat immediately.
                    Well, it will probably look much worse in real life, but still - this is a curious phenomenon.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• NOHSAD
                      • Nov 2014

A few thing's about this collection:

- I'm interested in H&M regarding pricing, only because a lot of the items, more so for the women's portion are very expensive even for a collab of theirs. As far as i know, the one's who are shopping at H&M aren't the ones to spend $200 on a single item w/o having second thoughts or having some type of buyer's remorse. With that said, It's likely they're banking on the fact Balmain's popular to the mainstream crowd and they would buy it with the thought they're getting it cheaper.

-It's a hunch, but I say a lot of women are going to gun for the dresses. I saw the men's portion, nothing that stood out besides their signature biker jeans (and only because I realized that you'll probably see a bunch of men trying to get these for the bragging rights of technically having Balmain jeans )
                      "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• naturalalmonds
                        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        That's how I felt when I saw the leaked photos a little while back.

$3200

$350

I'm going with the safe bet that material and construction detail will not be on par between them, but I would personally be off put if I owned the $3200 one.

You have a pair of the mainline biker jeans Faust, guaranteed those will be the hottest menswear sellers from the collab, so how do you feel about that?
                        I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Oh, I couldn't care less. Manhattan is already flooded with knock-offs, but mostly of the sweatpants.

But this is a very interesting phenomenon - I have to think more about this when the stuff hits the stores (not buying anything, don't worry, lol - just want to see what it actually looks like in real life in terms of materials and construction). This may warrant an article.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• NOHSAD
                            • Nov 2014

I don't know, might go to see it in person as well, it would give me an excuse to go to H&M in.....who knows how long . Echoing Faust, come to Manhattan and you'll constantly see a victim wearing an "inspired" biker jeans/sweatpants.....they're horrible
                            "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by NOHSAD View Post
                              I don't know, might go to see it in person as well, it would give me an excuse to go to H&M in.....who knows how long . Echoing Faust, come to Manhattan and you'll constantly see a victim wearing an "inspired" biker jeans/sweatpants.....they're horrible

this is implying there's not a line of 2000+ people waiting and in the first 10 minutes everything will sell out including the stuff off the mannequins, because it probably will happen.

Hell people cleaned up uniqlos for lemaire and the next day they had all the same crap out again. in the case for h&m collaborations the stock is pretty low. it wont be like the margiela collection that everything besides the sneakers sat on racks.

At least at lemaire I ran into Nicelynice which was a pleasant experience as one would obviously think.
                              Originally posted by unwashed
                              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                              Originally posted by Ahimsa
                              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• newp
                                • Feb 2013

For me so far the only difference between these and fakes is 'b-b-but designer house allowed it itself'.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎