X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lohikaarme
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by NOHSAD View Post

-It's a hunch, but I say a lot of women are going to gun for the dresses. I saw the men's portion, nothing that stood out besides their signature biker jeans (and only because I realized that you'll probably see a bunch of men trying to get these for the bragging rights of technically having Balmain jeans )
    Here's the winner. Probably gonna see a bunch of H&M x Balmain on KTT or whatever. Honestly the jeans probably won't look half bad if you beat them up/wash them so they get unwaxed. At that point you have Balmain-looking biker jeans, which is enough for most people.

Comment

• morsto
      • Nov 2008

About the balmain x hm I find it also quite strange that they do logo pieces, is that not a first? T-shirts with "balmain france" -- it seems they are really aiming for the feeling of buying real balmain at 1/3 the price. I wonder if it's standard slave labor hm quality or not..
      I do not recognise the vessel,
      but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Vervain
        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by morsto View Post
        About the balmain x hm I find it also quite strange that they do logo pieces, is that not a first? T-shirts with "balmain france" -- it seems they are really aiming for the feeling of buying real balmain at 1/3 the price. I wonder if it's standard slave labor hm quality or not..
        Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

It's not like Balmain hasn't gone to shit anyway as a brand.

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by morsto View Post
          I wonder if it's standard slave labor hm quality or not..
          Nah, it will be deluxe slave labour.
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• 37ING
            • Jun 2015

After this collaboration, H&M will soon release some "non balmain collaboration but balmain lookalike" version of stuffs. They simply use back the same material, modify some design and selling it as their own.

Comment

• round
              • Aug 2015

Trying to sell guidi boots I previously purchased here, I already priced them lower than what I bought them for.

The first offer I received was good, so I accepted via eBay, the buyer has yet to pay after 4 days, hasn't been in contact, and hasn't canceled the purchase despite my request. That being said, I repost the boots and he offers on them even though he ALREADY FUCKING BOUGHT THEM.

Fuck eBay, also, fuck grailed.

Comment

• vtlynch
                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                All these grailed stories tell me that now this esthetic has penetrated into the high-school territory and you've got a bunch of teens chasing this stuff.
                Its high-school kids, college kids, and people in their early 20s with no money. It amazes me how quickly people need to sell things because they have bills or other expenses to pay.

Within a few hours people will drop the price 4-5 times because they have to sell immediately.

Comment

• gregor
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by round View Post
                  fuck grailed.
                  this is probably the most common utterance on site as of late.

with good reason too, i probably get at least 10 offers for every sale.

Comment

• fredokin
                    • Apr 2014

Each time you accept someone's offer it sends a new message to their inbox, correct? If people offer and don't pay I've just started accepting their offer repeatedly to spam their inbox (and email) because fuck them. Got one person to pay already that probably wouldn't have...at least for a while
                    Originally posted by gregor
                    it's terribly lit

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

I have to say I've had a pretty decent experience on grailed, though I've only listed 5 times, but I sold 4 out of them. Got a few offers and a couple of lowballers in total that didn't lead to anything, but no more than I get on SZ. The items were something I wasn't able to sell on superfuture (more sufu oriented than SZ). I guess I was lucky.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• newp
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by fredokin View Post
                        Each time you accept someone's offer it sends a new message to their inbox, correct? If people offer and don't pay I've just started accepting their offer repeatedly to spam their inbox (and email) because fuck them. Got one person to pay already that probably wouldn't have...at least for a while
                        It should form a one email string for most of email providers so you spend more time than them.

Comment

• aussy
                          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                          I have to say I've had a pretty decent experience on grailed, though I've only listed 5 times, but I sold 4 out of them. Got a few offers and a couple of lowballers in total that didn't lead to anything, but no more than I get on SZ. The items were something I wasn't able to sell on superfuture (more sufu oriented than SZ). I guess I was lucky.

Agreed. Pshaw if anyone thinks the SZ classifieds (or any other for that matter) are any better. Sure there are less absurdly low offers, but there are also less offers and interest in general. No matter the site, buyers still wait like vultures hoping for the price to drop 10x before offering you another $20 lower than your asking price. I sell on everything, I buy on everything, though I understand if others don't have the time or patience to do so.

Related note: truthfully, I've had the best luck selling items on ebay, even with my up-charge to compensate for their insane fees

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Everyone had different experiences, depending on who they are and what they sell. SZ classifieds work just fine for me. Then again, I try not to sell crap and ask fair prices.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by NOHSAD View Post
                              I don't know, might go to see it in person as well, it would give me an excuse to go to H&M in.....who knows how long . Echoing Faust, come to Manhattan and you'll constantly see a victim wearing an "inspired" biker jeans/sweatpants.....they're horrible
                              Considering how expensive it is to make designer sweatpants or jeans is it possible that the H&M are just as good/identical or did they purposefully make them lower quality, say by using lesser trims? Because 1K jeans and 400$ jeans can be the same fucking jeans no problem. I'm, of course, not including stuff like Japanese repro jeans or those requiring relatively complicated work (like re-assembled jeans like Junya sometimes makes).
                              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                                Considering how expensive it is to make designer sweatpants or jeans is it possible that the H&M are just as good/identical or did they purposefully make them lower quality, say by using lesser trims? Because 1K jeans and 400$ jeans can be the same fucking jeans no problem. I'm, of course, not including stuff like Japanese repro jeans or those requiring relatively complicated work (like re-assembled jeans like Junya sometimes makes).
                                This is exactly why I think this collaboration is unique. It has potential to be dangerously close to the original. Of course, the final verdict will be seeing this in person. Photos mean nothing.

In their defense, Balmain jeans are made in Japan and are properly stitched with overlock, unlike, say DRKSHDW. Of course they are twice the price...
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎