X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    This is exactly why I think this collaboration is unique. It has potential to be dangerously close to the original. Of course, the final verdict will be seeing this in person. Photos mean nothing.

In their defense, Balmain jeans are made in Japan and are properly stitched with overlock, unlike, say DRKSHDW. Of course they are twice the price...
    Margiela collaboration also had quite expensive boots (300$?), I got a beater pair when they were reduced to $50 and, while they could have been as nice as the Margiela there were several differences, which is baffling considering Margielas are already not that well made and could possibly be sold for $300 by another company positioned differently and with a better cost structure.

As for Balmain I have no doubt is is generally made to well above average designer standards (jacket seem especially nicely built). I just think that for regular, high margin stuff like Jeans and tee shirt, it is possible for H&M to do the same for the price they're selling. Ah well we'll know when someone reports but it could be a fascinating development. The entire additional value of Balmain would be in the negation of the H&M on the BalmainXH&M tag.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Law
      • Dec 2013

Remember that crazy tart who claimed that Marc Jacobs was obsessed with her and stole all her design and editorial ideas? Well apparently its happened again, this time the culprit is none other than departing Dior designer Raf Simmons (as well as Dior themselves) Allegedly the real reason for his dismissal.

The story how Marc Jacobs has been copying the work of a talented young designer named Angel Barta since 2008. Read and share the truth.

Dior house said the designer “reached this decision for personal reasons” and that the sping 2016 he presented in a courtyard of the Louvre on Oct. 2 was his last. Do you remember that show? It was the collection where he copied my form design! He is exiting Dior just a few weeks after I exposed in public the truth that he copied my design. His entire collection was based on MY design. Almost every single outfit in his last collection was the copy of my new designed and copyrighted Angel Barta VIP Couture dress.
      This poor girl is nuttier than a 20lb Christmas fruitcake.

Comment

• a,ted
        • Aug 2015

^
        That's genius.
        i really enjoy especially this.

Comment

• bukka
          • Sep 2011

Schizophrenia is a sad thing. Dumb people having fun from it is sad too.
          Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Law
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by bukka View Post
            Schizophrenia is a sad thing. Dumb people having fun from it is sad too.

Yes, almost as dumb as people who throw out speculative and hyperbolic diagnostic labels, without any supporting evidence.

OK Dr, so is schizophrenia your final diagnosis?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I believe he was being ironic, but I'll defer to bukka.

Jeez, people are quite touchy lately on here...
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
                • Sep 2011

You're right E. I shall definitely lay back and simply add people to the "ignore list"; nver knew it existed. Cheers
                Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                  • Sep 2015

I don't know whether to call this cringe or sad... or creepy...
                  who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• tonecrush
                    • Jul 2013

Oh boy here we go http://https://www.grailed.com/listi...ye-sandal-boot
                    "Never seen someone treat such a piece of crap excuse for a boot with so much care, and precision."

Comment

• Macabre
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by tonecrush View Post
                      Oh sweet lord what the hell did you just make us stumble upon..
                      "The heart sings while the wallet weeps. I'd say that's a pretty fair trade." -interest1

Comment

• gregor
                        • Oct 2014

i had to look up tony lama, and though the listing is gone, i can only imagine

Comment

• tonecrush
                          • Jul 2013

For those who missed it was a Kanye West x Tony Lama sandle boot - a pair of sandles with a cheesy cowboy boot shaft and to top it off asking price was... $75k usd just
                          "Never seen someone treat such a piece of crap excuse for a boot with so much care, and precision."

Comment

• Law
                            • Dec 2013

For those who missed it was a Kanye West x Tony Lama sandle boot - a pair of sandles with a cheesy cowboy boot shaft and to top it off asking price was... $75k usd just
                            From Google:

EXTREMELY RARE COLLAB KANYE WEST X TONY LAMA!!!!!! EARLY SEASON 2 RELEASE S/S 2016, I HAVE THE VERY FIRST SAMPLE ...

Comment

• Ahimsa
                              Vegan Police
                              • Sep 2011

welp.
                              StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                                • May 2014

I could have sworn Ann D did this not too long ago on another platform but i can't find the reference anymore... I don't mind brands using social media but i really despise celebrity culture......

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎