Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newp
    • Feb 2013

And now to enter the price... ah, fuck this shit, I am tired.

Comment

• Fenix
      • Aug 2010

Man, I significantly under valued the flounced shorts I just sold.

I say buy the fake drips....maybe it will force Poell to do something new or get the fuck out. He's going to have to send a pair to Kanye soon to keep these things selling at retail.
      Originally posted by hausofblaq
      Grow up.

Comment

• bukka
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
        Man, I significantly under valued the flounced shorts I just sold.

I say buy the fake drips....maybe it will force Poell to do something new or get the fuck out. He's going to have to send a pair to Kanye soon to keep these things selling at retail.
        Looking at the selling price for a destroyed pair posted on good finds a few days ago, I'd say the hype is still increasing.
        Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Arkady
          • Apr 2011

For those and things like vest bags definitely, but prices for most Poell seem to be tanking in secondhand.

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
            For those and things like vest bags definitely, but prices for most Poell seem to be tanking in secondhand.
            I have noticed this pretty consistently with those that were at the top of their game, high demand and then did not produce (or changed design houses etc.) for years. Look at Hedi era DH. A few years ago, Luster/Strip pieces were selling for INSANE prices... now Hedi DH is quite attainable and often downright cheap. Carpe Diem was/is the same way... for a while pieces were hard to come by, Sartoria/Linea was selling for crazy money and now prices have dropped significantly.

Even in this field of clothing where pieces are made in small runs, exclusive editions etc., there is still an expectation for new things to keep that designer/design house fresh in people's minds. Otherwise, people (mostly) move on.

With CCP not producing actual new styles and just continuing to produce older works, the market availability of those pieces increases and thus bleeds over into the secondhand market. Definitely way more drips, vest bags, gloves, leather jackets on the market from Carol these days than a couple/few years ago and at least for leather jackets, secondhand pricing sometimes dropping to sub $2k would be unheard of just a few years ago. Fascinating to watch for sure.
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• SafetyKat
              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
              WTF is your point? Am I missing something really WTF worthy about this?
              First of all, if you re-list an item it'll automatically starts with the initial asking price. Both of which in this case is $450. Second, he then dropped the price already so what's your point. Also if he had to pay any taxes, duties, fees, shipping etc, wouldn't it be normal to add these in your re-list price? I know I would.
              Are you ok?
              eeeerrrr... Yeah I think i was overreacting on that one. Chalk this up to too much coffee and not enough sleep.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                • Sep 2008

FASUHNZ

Comment

• neongud
                  • Mar 2013

That's a friend of mine in the pic, he owns a lot of Rick actually. Some of the craziest runway pieces too. It's not his listing though.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                    I have noticed this pretty consistently with those that were at the top of their game, high demand and then did not produce (or changed design houses etc.) for years. Look at Hedi era DH. A few years ago, Luster/Strip pieces were selling for INSANE prices... now Hedi DH is quite attainable and often downright cheap. Carpe Diem was/is the same way... for a while pieces were hard to come by, Sartoria/Linea was selling for crazy money and now prices have dropped significantly.

Even in this field of clothing where pieces are made in small runs, exclusive editions etc., there is still an expectation for new things to keep that designer/design house fresh in people's minds. Otherwise, people (mostly) move on.

With CCP not producing actual new styles and just continuing to produce older works, the market availability of those pieces increases and thus bleeds over into the secondhand market. Definitely way more drips, vest bags, gloves, leather jackets on the market from Carol these days than a couple/few years ago and at least for leather jackets, secondhand pricing sometimes dropping to sub $2k would be unheard of just a few years ago. Fascinating to watch for sure.
                    Agreed. Same with Cloak.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                      • May 2014

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
                      FASUHNZ
                      oh boy, god forbid someone didn't abide by the rigorous rules of rick styling.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Agreed. Same with Cloak.

YES. Great example! When everyone was all about AW04 with THE hoodie selling for ungodly sums... last one I saw kept dropping in price on grailed and ended up sub-$200 I think before someone finally bit. Now you can't even give away a Cloak button up (except I still buy em haha)!
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                          • Jul 2013

Cloak's honestly one of my favorite brand beyond the name. There are just a few pieces I find ridiculously wonderful.

The issue is that Cloak tends to fall into a few categories..

1) Whatever.
                          This is stuff like trenchcoats or harder to wear pieces. Cool, but unless you're really into the aesthetic, you can't dip your toes in. This also includes "boring" stuff like the tees.

2) Cool stuff. This is reserved, probably, I think, for a few outerwear pieces. Sadly, most of them are are category three.

3) Rare and unobtainable. Either due to price or Cloak scarcity, the items are just really rare. Most items fit here.

That means, to me, most of the cool stuff just isn't around, besides, say, Faust's "hand knit cardigan." Honestly, Cloak is pretty hard to style, so I can't blame people for not buying much. Otherwise, the easy-to-wear stuff tends to be available elsewhere. Why buy an archival 2006 piece when a 2014 piece is easier to wear and cheaper?

Comment

• Arkady
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                            YES. Great example! When everyone was all about AW04 with THE hoodie selling for ungodly sums... last one I saw kept dropping in price on grailed and ended up sub-$200 I think before someone finally bit. Now you can't even give away a Cloak button up (except I still buy em haha)!
                            I bit, it's divine. Ran about $150 and is effectively brand new. One of the more impressive patterns I've come across in a top.

Last edited by Arkady; 02-04-2016, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                              • Nov 2014

These Rick sweatpants look like they gave up on life.
                              (via SSENSE)
                              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Law
                                • Dec 2013

A long list of "rules" which the models had to strictly adhere to. Can you guess who?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎