X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregor
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if crap like this will lead to Grailed's downfall.
    it will absolutely. grailed can't remove clothes for being ugly, but no one wants to see the ugly stuff on the site because it dilutes the value of grailed as a place for grails.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
      The orgy tent at Burning Man is perhaps the singularly most hilarious and unappealing locale I've ever been in.
      Naturally. That's why you need a goth one in Bali.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
        • Apr 2011

*taps finger on desk awaiting Balinese sex yurt invite*

Comment

• HugAndWug
          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by gregor View Post
          it will absolutely. grailed can't remove clothes for being ugly, but no one wants to see the ugly stuff on the site because it dilutes the value of grailed as a place for grails.
          Realistically what's going to dethrone grailed?

There isn't a single forum that has anywhere near the activity/userbase of grailed. All of them combined would barely scratch the surface of how big Grailed has become.

eBay will continue to be eBay and YJP/Rak will continue to do their own thing.

I'm tired of seeing such low effort posts on SZ. Like if you realistically think that a joke post/some shitty brand that will get filtered into grailed basics is going to be the death of the site you need to take a step back and look anywhere else.

Comment

• Ahimsa
            Vegan Police
            • Sep 2011

Twisted Lamb goes out there to work as well.

Sounds nice to me!
            Lolol. Funny you say that, I know Mary very well.
            StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Arkady
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
              Lolol. Funny you say that, I know Mary very well.
              Aha were we four inches apart at that ice motorcycle shindig as it turns out I was with 4-5 other acquaintances? Mary and I have some good friends in common, that was a fun show.

Comment

• gregor
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post

There isn't a single forum that has anywhere near the activity/userbase of grailed. All of them combined would barely scratch the surface of how big Grailed has become.

eBay will continue to be eBay and YJP/Rak will continue to do their own thing.

I'm tired of seeing such low effort posts on SZ. Like if you realistically think that a joke post/some shitty brand that will get filtered into grailed basics is going to be the death of the site you need to take a step back and look anywhere else.
                that's also because forums don't have the same infrastructure or impetus on selling.

it's not that low effort. the user base of grailed is trendy, and will probably move elsewhere as they simply cease to care. do you really think that the people who flock to undercover because of asap rocky are a long term market? definitely not, so it is absolutely grailed's userbase that will be grailed's downfall.

the earlier reason isn't going to be the downfall of the site, but the pure amount of unfiltered crap isn't helping.

Comment

• HugAndWug
                  • Aug 2014

Originally posted by gregor View Post

it's not that low effort. the user base of grailed is trendy, and will probably move elsewhere as they simply cease to care. do you really think that the people who flock to undercover because of asap rocky are a long term market? definitely not, so it is absolutely grailed's userbase that will be grailed's downfall.
                  So what? You think Grailed isn't smart enough to chase the money wherever it goes? The people who are into x brand will be into a different brand later meaning they'll want to get rid of their old non hype stuff and buy into some new hyped pieces and Grailed offers a market place for both of those transitional periods.

Graileds userbase will only be the downfall if there is anything else out there that works better. Forums will never win and eBay is eBay. So unless we start seeing some new places popping up Grailed will be king for as long as they keep the server running and site functional.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                    • Jan 2013

and you don't think there will be hoards of new 'trendy' users to fill the gap when the old ones move on?

grailed is just a reflection of the current fast fashion mindset (pricetag is secondary); unfortunately it's also making it worse.

I was thinking about if some "better" tech came along to replace grailed. But the easier it is to use, the more the user base will abuse it and drive the secondary market. I guess what we really want is a better version of the grailed UI restricted to just SZ members?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
                      Depends on what you mean by the throne. Who's going to dethrone eBay?

That saddest thing about Grailed, as t points out in the post above is the reflection of the current state of menswear. Men used to talk about fashion, now they merely want to consume it. Grailed cuts to the chase - why bother with discussion when most people want the lowest common denominator. Not that I am surprised. We are the 1%
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                        Vegan Police
                        • Sep 2011

Aha were we four inches apart at that ice motorcycle shindig as it turns out I was with 4-5 other acquaintances? Mary and I have some good friends in common, that was a fun show.
                        I was there there! Kept running into people I know all night.
                        StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                          • Sep 2008

04.03.2014 – Of course, a flash of TANGERINE on an otherwise guiltless garment (a CASHMERE SWEATER in camel, perhaps) can be just marvellous, but the full KONINGSDAG look, whereby Dutch people dress head-to-toe in the colour of their royal family’s colour, orange, is best saved for a once-per-year excursion, or even better, never. It’s just not an easy colour in general for humans! As colour consultation EVE ASHCRAFT, who has advised the likes of MARTHA STEWART, puts it, “ORANGE is relegated to TEAM SPORTS and TRAFFIC SIGNS for a good reason; it can quite literally be ALARMING in large doses.” Eve is currently TEACHING COLOUR to YOUNG ARCHITECTS at Parsons The New School for Design in New York. - Fantastic Man

Comment

• Irara
                            • May 2014

When I studied architecture I was taught a simiar esoterical version of color theory: green helps to relax, violet or ultramarine provoke depression, etc., but real life proves that such statements are an oversimplification.

And tangerine in drkshdw clothes above is not 'pure', some white and black was added to it. (can't say I'm a fan of those garments though)

Comment

• eleves
                              • Sep 2012

On the yohjiyamamotoofficial Instagram's most recent post: is that Fetty Wap?
                              Originally posted by Faust
                              HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• En.
                                • May 2015

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                                On the yohjiyamamotoofficial Instagram's most recent post: is that Fetty Wap?
                                Yeah. It's for Interview Magazine.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎