X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Law
    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Would have to be custom-made, cause she's a bit big, no?
    It would have to be pretty big to fit her and all her lies.

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
      Absolutely, however, content drives discussion among Millennials. They interact differently and want to be engaged differently than GenXer's.

We are the old people.
      Millennials don't exist aside from being born between date x and date y, generational theory is bullshit.
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Arkady
        • Apr 2011

No it's not. Perceived membership and beliefs & behaviors can be arbitrarily defined but age location in history cannot. Turnings are identified based on age location in history relative to historical incidents the American body politic deems to be points of upheaval.

Individuals age 1-18 would clearly have a different perception of a major war than individuals 18-85 -- that defines both perceived membership and some aspects of beliefs & behaviors.

The point of generational theory is to show how we engage in collective historiography and how that process feeds back into the memetic components of our culture. It may not be accurate in a 'vibes, namaste' or bored French psychoanalytic context and it probably shouldn't be used to define specific generations as broad swaths of assholes but historical cyclicity is pretty hard to deny on a demographic level.
        Last edited by Arkady; 02-24-2016, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• fr_gmnt
          • Dec 2015

this ecommerce venture blatantly making fakes of just about every designer good ever posted on social media (even aitor skull bags somehow) has a classifieds section for authentic pieces

Comment

• patR
            • Apr 2015

$325 for that awful DHL shirt by Vetements on antonioli.

I hope that whoever is dumb enough to buy it has DHL deliver it to them...

Only to find out that DHL is demanding they pay $100+ in import & brokerage fees.

Comment

• the breaks
              • Sep 2007

Anyone else think this just looks really cheap? I mean look at the zippers...

Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                • Nov 2014

How come Vêtements are allowed to use DHL’s logo?
                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                  Supposedly they were sponsored by Georgian DHL. Not sure if it's true.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                    Parody law, I believe.

Comment

• gregor
                      • Oct 2014

i think it's probably because it passes as art (if so, art has an even looser definition than i thought), which would allow them to use it and even make money off it. nadia plesner used the louis logo a few years back and sold her art on shirts that made money (albeit for a charity), and lvmh sued her for it. art in general has had a history of appropriating corporate trademarks and making money of it, even when the trademarks are probably presented in a less than stellar light. everyone from warhol to aqua got away with it.

i don't know if it comes under the sc definition of parody, but it's definitely somewhere in the giant mess of fair use laws that the us uses.

Comment

• Arkady
                        • Apr 2011

Yeah that's exactly it -- it's cemented more if the logo is somehow altered or derived in order to communicate a "spirit of satire."

Comment

• gregor
                          • Oct 2014

i place vetements on the same tier as those "aint laurent without yves" type parody tees, so maybe that'd work as well.

Comment

• eleves
                            • Sep 2012

The fact that the designers behind Vetements can willingly create bullshit and expect it to sell in the first place is a problem in itself (way before the fact that people buy into it) On another note: Nathan For You is probably the funniest, fucked-up show that I've seen
                            Originally posted by Faust
                            HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• gregor
                              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                              On another note: Nathan For You is probably the funniest, fucked-up show that I've seen
                              second the first sentiment, but especially have to second this i'm not a huge fan of a lot of new comedy but nathan's character is brilliant.

Comment

• unwashed
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                                Yeah that's exactly it -- it's cemented more if the logo is somehow altered or derived in order to communicate a "spirit of satire."
                                But didn't Nike make Rick Owens stop his dunk production because of a derived logo? And didn't Rick stated in interviews he produced these sneakers as a satire on Nike, Puma and Adidas? So he actually didn't needed to stop his production and could win a trial if it came that far?

Also regarding vetements, complete the look
                                Grailed link

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎