Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • t3hg0suazn
    • Jan 2013

It would be really cool if we started adding video/gif to the garment archives here. While Mr. Porter has terrible styling, their videos of garments say more than the rest of their photos and hilarious ad writing combined.

Comment

• cloakroom
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
      Does sharing have to be this extreme? I'm pretty sure elementary school taught me about sharing crayons or color pencils more often. At worst, I couldn't color something for a minute while my table mate had the crayon. This guy took some time out of his life (him losing something) in order to (attempt) to educate a group on a product (the sharing aspect). Arguably he failed since the information is wrong, but the point stands.
      Sharing does not have to be extreme. It was an example. The difference is sharing with others out of necessity or sharing for acknowledgement from others. A totally different thing. We can stop here discussing what is basically the definition of the word if sharing just means polluting the Internet to you.

Comment

• curiouscharles
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
        It would be really cool if we started adding video/gif to the garment archives here. While Mr. Porter has terrible styling, their videos of garments say more than the rest of their photos and hilarious ad writing combined.
        fashion retail copy is the best copy [read: worst].

-

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

unwrapping videos and product reviews on youtube and stuff are pretty common these days and if you've no knowledge whatsoever of the item but are developing an interest in it then they can be helpful, as long as the reviewer knows what they are talking about. there have been plenty of written reviews of items on forums and so on forever. video is just an extension of that. and better in many ways. i don't think there's much to say about it beyond that.

i can see how there is an element of wtf involved since it is a ccp product, what with all the dark lord of avant garde menswear connotations, but is that really a good perspective to hold? oh no the plebe's are pawwing at my sissypees...

i'm not sure...
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by casem View Post
            I think it's kinda great, lazy design deserves lazy knockoffs.

hah!!

Oh and my horse ass fashion boots are SERIOUS BUzINESS. No internet fucking around when your feet are #blessedbydarkness #luxury #fashun
            Last edited by Fuuma; 03-17-2016, 12:54 PM.
            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Nickefuge
              • Nov 2014

So apparently DRKSHDW is now available at Urban Outfitters.
              For now it’s women’s and online only.
              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• nonomomo
                • Oct 2009

^It isn't that surprising is it. RO/DRKSHDW is more or less mainstream now.
                Just two weeks ago I was wearing a pretty standard Rick outfit and someone commented that hypebeast had vomited on me. Well there goes my first stranger reaction after years of wearing Rick.

Even though I guess they're probably testing their audience/market, Imo what's WTF is the stuff they have available

Comment

• Arkady
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by helloBLG
                  hahahahaha seems too funny and i think it will be made for Gay.
                  Quoted for best bot

Comment

• aussy
                    • Jul 2011

It seems to have some sort of word/topic association logic, that's some smarterchild ish right there, or maybe androids really do dream of electric sheep

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                      • Jul 2013

It's cuz Rick Owens is really Gay.

Comment

• stagename
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by nonomomo View Post
                        ^It isn't that surprising is it. RO/DRKSHDW is more or less mainstream now.
                        Just two weeks ago I was wearing a pretty standard Rick outfit and someone commented that hypebeast had vomited on me. Well there goes my first stranger reaction after years of wearing Rick.

Even though I guess they're probably testing their audience/market, Imo what's WTF is the stuff they have available
                        Seconded. American Apparel buying Oak NYC was a clear sign of hipster moving towards the so-called avant-garde menswear, and given how much press the latter is getting, it makes sense for lifestyle retailers anchored on hipsterism to be moving forward to the new reference trend.

Comment

• eleves
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                          So apparently DRKSHDW is now available at Urban Outfitters.
                          For now it’s women’s and online only.
                          Interested in what UO would pick up but I don't see it on the site!
                          Originally posted by Faust
                          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                            Try googling "Urban Outfitters DRKSHDW" ...

Link
                            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Osseovs
                              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                              As mentioned above, it's easy to find via Google search, but it may not appear for you as it seems to only be available through their UK/Europe sites. Nothing to be too excited about, however.

Comment

• eleves
                                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                                Try googling "Urban Outfitters DRKSHDW" ...

Lol I should've but I tried the other thing that people do such as going to the store's site and looking for drkshdw...

Thanks Osseovs, that's definitely why! It also makes a lot more sense that it's UK/Europe only right now but yeah, nothing too special
                                Originally posted by Faust
                                HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎