X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Antonioli's Vetements selection: https://www.antonioli.eu/en/US/men/t...ners/vetements

I'm picturing the buying process with this, must've been along the lines of "hai guys, we'll take one of each of your shittiest, most gimmicky knick knack items!"
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• En.
      • May 2015

The DHL shirt only having one size available says quite a bit.

Comment

• gregor
        • Oct 2014

it's honestly not even the oddest/tackiest of antonioli's buys these past few seasons.

Comment

• xeraphim
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          Antonioli's Vetements selection: https://www.antonioli.eu/en/US/men/t...ners/vetements

I'm picturing the buying process with this, must've been along the lines of "hai guys, we'll take one of each of your shittiest, most gimmicky knick knack items!"
          those were pretty much the only styles available for the men's capsule though...

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Even easier then
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Incredible what sells these days. Both in terms of store buyers and end-customers. You would think if you had $600+ to blow on pants you would choose something better, but evidently not.
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                Incredible what sells these days. Both in terms of store buyers and end-customers. You would think if you had $600+ to blow on pants you would choose something better, but evidently not.
                The Rise of the Fashion Hipster
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gregor
                  • Oct 2014

there's no fun in nuanced or interesting clothes, cmon now. vetements just has that je ne sais quoi "i'm super cool and edgy" factor that you just don't get from rick or boris or anyone else.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                    there's no fun in nuanced or interesting clothes, cmon now. vetements just has that je ne sais quoi "i'm super cool and edgy" factor that you just don't get from rick or boris or anyone else.
                    Instagram inevitably requires everything to be blindingly obvious, doesn't it.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by xeraphim View Post
                      those were pretty much the only styles available for the men's capsule though...
                      Not just the men's capsule, women's is the same pretty much.

I'm fairly sure Vetements doesn't actually produce most of their runway items, their solution to the fashion schedule/collection vs precollection issue is to put on a big show and then in reality only do precollection.
                      Originally posted by jogu
                      i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• xeraphim
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
                        Not just the men's capsule, women's is the same pretty much.

I'm fairly sure Vetements doesn't actually produce most of their runway items, their solution to the fashion schedule/collection vs precollection issue is to put on a big show and then in reality only do precollection.
                        most of it is produced, actually.

Comment

• LizMor
                          • Apr 2016

OMG..It's a total bizarre..

Comment

• SafetyKat
                            • Aug 2014

https://hbr.org/2016/04/hedi-slimane...obs-of-fashion

He turned the way things were done upside down. But he pushed too far, and they pushed him out. He spent years in the wilderness. They asked him to come back. This time, the rebellion was refined, polished, perfected. It made billions, not millions. The world applauded.

I’m not talking about Steve Jobs. Allow me to introduce you to the greatest creative genius you’ve probably never heard of: Hedi Slimane, the just-retired Creative Director of Yves Saint Laurent and probably the closest thing the business world has to a Jobsian figure today. Who else has redefined not one but three great global brands – Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Homme in the 90s, Dior Homme in the 2000s (where he introduced the skinny-leg trouser), and Saint Laurent today — reinvigorated a stagnant industry, divided opinion, built a cult, and finally become something like a celebrity in his own right? And yet despite his high profile in the fashion industry, few outside the sector seem to even know who he is.

There are few people in this world I’m envious of. Not for the size of their bank accounts, but the worth of their accomplishments. Slimane’s done more in the four years since he took the helm at YSL than most of us will do in forty. He’s not just made pretty clothes — he’s reimagined what a brand, business, industry, creativity, can be. Slimane made people — especially young people — fall in love with fashion again. I want to emphasize just how remarkable an accomplishment this is. Because the truth is that a lot of young people today disdain and sneer at high fashion. For them normcore’s total rejection of fashion as an evil capitalist machine is what’s cool. And rightly so. For the recession generation, high fashion is about as alluring as “Let them eat cake” was to the Parisian masses. A pointless indulgence. And yet Slimane made fashion relevant to them again. I think it’s a Big, and very under-celebrated, Deal. It’s worth investigating how he did it.

For one, he ignored his critics. Like many industries, Big Fashion companies keep acquiring tiny, money-losing, buzz-worthy brands… that never quite go mainstream. They die silently and perhaps mercifully. But the real question is: why is this a pattern, when it’s both predictable and pointless? Because the fashion industry is making stuff for critics. Like many industries, from tech to media to sports, it’s trying to please them, win them over, even pander to them. But the critics aren’t the people who are buying the stuff. Result: shapeless, gigantic, genderless clothes that critics love… but that are driving the business of fashion to stagnation. They’re out of touch with what people actually want, love, hunger for.

So instead, Slimane broke the rules. It’s easy to say. But it’s rarer than rare to do.

Comment

• zeebee
                              • Dec 2008

Great article Safetykat. Especially liked the passage about corps suffocating geniuses. That applies to many large corps and not just within the creative industries.

Comment

• SafetyKat
                                • Aug 2014

I dont think Kering suffocated him in that way at all. I was surprised the author managed to finish typing that with all of his ysl love juice splattered all over his keyboard.

But he pushed too far, and they pushed him out. He spent years in the wilderness. They asked him to come back. This time, the rebellion was refined, polished, perfected. It made billions, not millions. The world applauded.
                                Last edited by SafetyKat; 04-18-2016, 06:11 PM. Reason: KERING!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎