X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
    I fail to see the WTF in this. I think this is very clever design actually combining 5 pocket with chino's.
    hasn't diet butcher slim skin been doing a similar double pocket design for the last 10 years?

Comment

• mne
      • Mar 2016

H&M x KENZO

At first I though WTF but actually, quite predictable.. Thoughts?

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mne View Post
        At first I though WTF but actually, quite predictable.. Thoughts?
        Exactly. They are consistently three years behind trendy fashion. Next collab will be Hood by Air, and the one after that Vetements.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mne
          • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Exactly. They are consistently three years behind trendy fashion. Next collab will be Hood by Air, and the one after that Vetements.

hahahaha I must screen grab this post and send it to back to you when it happens in few years

Comment

• Arkady
            • Apr 2011

Apologies if someone's put this up. As much as I detest PETA's schtick most of the time, it's very well done as far as what the fucks go.

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

well played peta. great execution.

but.....

1. if i were there and my wife was the one that got scared upon opening the bag i would think that was possibly one of the funniest things i'd ever seen. scaring my wife is like my favorite thing to do. so...i'd be rolling on the ground.

2. and....i really like leather. so, i'm gonna have to overlook all the gore. sorry...
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• blackdeath
                • Apr 2016

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                I fail to see the WTF in this. I think this is very clever design actually combining 5 pocket with chino's.
                agreed, i dont really see aitor's work belonging in the WTF thread. say what you will but if you analyze the design even in the simplest way you can tell he is thinking about it.

Comment

• ahn
                  • Jul 2012

I'm putting this rant in the WTF thread because I just can't figure where it would be better suited.

I shopped around to four different cobblers trying to find someone I felt I could trust to replace the zips on my geobaskets and add a new vibram sole onto the bottom as I'd worn the original sole surface down so far.

Most of the cobblers I talked to refused to touch the zips as they're quite a unique size, but I finally found a guy who seemed really confident to do the job and I felt good about leaving them with him.

I picked them up two weeks later and whoever it was that worked on them has done a really great job of putting the vibram on - so good in fact that to clean the edges up and make it really seamless he's ground away most of the lip that runs around the outside edge of the sole.

I'm just fucking beside myself. I don't even know what to do with them now. I'm going to try and seek compensation to the amount of replacing them with a pair in similar condition to these when I handed them over with dodgy zips and worn-out soles... and put that towards getting a pair in new condition. We'll see what happens...

WTF indeed...
                  some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

At least he didn't just put an Air Force 1 sole on it (happened to a guy from that RO Facebook group).
                    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

What in the world? Why would someone do that? Just grind away....
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• gawkrodger
                        • Jun 2013

majority of cobblers in the Global North are nothing of the sort!

Comment

• aussy
                          • Jul 2011

Almost every cobbler wtf post has been a similar story, countless tales of uneven/raw guidi or ccp soles being sanded down to smooth 'perfection'

edit: and sorry for your loss
                          Last edited by aussy; 05-28-2016, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• r3dbarr0n1
                            • Jul 2015

Wow... Im speechless.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                              • Jul 2013

See, this is exactly why I hate confident people, they're just so stupid.
                              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• ahn
                                • Jul 2012

Well the cobbler has agreed to compensate me for about 3/4 of the cost of the new pair I already bought on sale...
                                some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎