X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
    You are so right, damn it. Slainbaby, I am offering you 3 dollars for sock!
    Only if it comes with a Chilli Peppers photo. Inverse brazilian included.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• julian_doe
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
      Only if it comes with a Chilli Peppers photo. Inverse brazilian included.
      Oh, yes...and some cosmetology tutorials/tips please.

Comment

• mainstayer0
        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
        You are so right, damn it. Slainbaby, I am offering you 3 dollars for sock!
        truthfully it has a lot of sentimental value hence the price

Comment

• julian_doe
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by mainstayer0 View Post
          truthfully it has a lot of sentimental value hence the price
          Understandable. Good luck finding the right buyer.

Comment

• curiouscharles
            • Jan 2008

i'm trying to save up for this:

might need awhile, can you keep it warm for me?

-

Comment

• GucciAmen
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
              i'm trying to save up for this:

might need awhile, can you keep it warm for me?
              Spilling coffee onto rug for listing... now that's dedication.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                • Sep 2008

Hahahaha, is this real?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

He'll let you know in two weeks. Mandatory break.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• thinbuddha
                    • Jul 2011

@beyondthemeans damn right it is

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

Here's a travesty unless McQueen themselves are doing it -- which would be immaculate and in keeping with the man's vision.

Look at this crap: http://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion/...n-mcqueen-skin

"In today’s, um, rather strange news, a designer is planning to making a range of 'human leather' goods using skin grown from Alexander McQueen’s DNA.

Tina Gorjanc has sourced the late designer’s DNA from his first collection, ‘Jack the Ripper Stalks His Victims’, the labels of which comprise of a single lock of his hair suspended within a clear plastic pocket. She plans to harvest the DNA from these hairs into skin tissue, which she’ll then tan and turn into human leather. In turn, she’ll fashion this leather into an already-designed collection – dubbed 'The Pure Human' – of jackets, bags and backpacks."

Comment

• gregor
                        • Oct 2014

the goal of the project is odd and really poorly executed in my opinion, even if noble.

also the project itself is very weird.

i guess it's not the first human skin piece, but it feels like something sruli would do (a la forget me knot).

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                          • Jul 2013

Can this lab-leather be mass produced so the pieces won't be like 20k or something? I want some necropants...

Comment

• Law
                            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                            Here's a travesty unless McQueen themselves are doing it -- which would be immaculate and in keeping with the man's vision.

Look at this crap: http://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion/...n-mcqueen-skin

"In today’s, um, rather strange news, a designer is planning to making a range of 'human leather' goods using skin grown from Alexander McQueen’s DNA.

Tina Gorjanc has sourced the late designer’s DNA from his first collection, ‘Jack the Ripper Stalks His Victims’, the labels of which comprise of a single lock of his hair suspended within a clear plastic pocket. She plans to harvest the DNA from these hairs into skin tissue, which she’ll then tan and turn into human leather. In turn, she’ll fashion this leather into an already-designed collection – dubbed 'The Pure Human' – of jackets, bags and backpacks."
                            Dunno, sounds like something which would have resonated with Lee's morbid curiosity and fascinations.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

So many problems with that presentation... as a school presentation sure it works... beyond that and if the woman wants it considered as "art" then it falls far short.

Lab grown leather is still not close to reality, although Modern Meadow in Brooklyn is probably the company with the highest backing/funding at least in the US working towards that. Lots of cell-culture and post-processing related issues to be managed. At the same time, I am unable to find any patent related information regarding Tina Gorjanc in the UK patent search, so either she filed a UK version of a provisional patent (which anyone can do and has almost no bearing on if you will be formally granted a patent short of giving you a priority date on your IP) or just made it up completely. So.... it means nothing. Yes, companies have been granted patents around certain DNA sequences as well a biomaterial processes, but her "art" exhibit is not even close to serving as relevant social commentary on the state of biomaterials/genomic materials.
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• darkbydesign
                                • Sep 2010

^^Agree with Chinorlz. I could go do this tomorrow in the lab, but it'd be the most worthless material ever as a textile for fashion.

That entire process, at least as they suggest in that worthless article, is complete hype. The write up is completely fictional (and really lacking in integrity and technical expertise) and embarrassing. You'd think a house like McQueen would hire a brain to fact check their publicly facing articles.

Anyway, I guess they'll grow up some of his fibroblasts and sprinkle them on the calf leather they sell instead. Sheets of human skin grown in a lab that would be used for something like skin grafting would never sustain a leather jacket as they aren't made for physical integrity but for biologic function....

Just a way for McQueen to make $$$$$, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎