Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudleyGray
    • Jul 2013

Kind of a WTF for me, but do people here wear Haider? I've enjoyed his runway shows, but only as a spectator. I can't picture myself actually wearing the stuff, at least not in any recognizably Haider way.
    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• jimmycs
      • Mar 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
      Kind of a WTF for me, but do people here wear Haider? I've enjoyed his runway shows, but only as a spectator. I can't picture myself actually wearing the stuff, at least not in any recognizably Haider way.
      It is only in the past couple of months that I began purchasing HA items, which I do like and enjoy. Some of the items so far are cropped linen pants, cropped & gathered leather trouser, and so forth. They appealed to me because of the casual and North African "air" to his lines. And yes, I do wear them quite often, especially in this hot Japanese summer weather now.

Comment

• Sombre
        • Jan 2009

I personally don't, but I can understand the appeal. Haider presents very rich fabrics and to me styles them in a way that's a mix of old century luxury (a la dandy) and rock star glam. I think it accomplishes what Balmain and Saint Laurent have been trying to do for years, but in a much more authentic way.

On a related note, his womenswear is still some of the most beautiful out there IMO.
        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• matglenn
          • Jun 2016

@Dudleygray

For myself, not in a recognizable way. I find that a lot of his garments (at least the ones I own) do compliment a lot of my Ann Demeulemeester pieces. The lightweight materials he uses in his tops are what I enjoy most. I could imagine putting together recognizable Haider Ackermann outfits would be quite the commitment.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I always say that in my other life I would be dressed in a mix of Haider, Dries, and Lanvin. It's very dandy in a different way. Like a contemporary Oscar Wilde.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jurassicsnark
              • Sep 2015

I have a few pieces of Haider that have served me well; a twisted blazer thing, in particular was really how I started to integrate SZ clothing into my professional wardrobe. It really can "pass" for normal until you look closely.

Comment

• Verdandi
                • Mar 2012

I do wear a lot of Haider these days. From both, the mens and womens collections. Don't really know how that happened, maybe it is like galia wrote in another thread and you age into certain things.
                My girlfriend wears some of his mens stuff as well and I have a male friend who rarely wears anyone else. Haider is really easy to incorporate into an everyday, more "normal" wardrobe and I found that a lot of his recent more outlandish pieces are suprisengly wearable.
                lavender menace

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

Oh, cool to see people trying out stuff beyond the SZ defaults. Though, I have to take issue with the use of dandy, generally speaking, as people here are literate enough to know what I mean. 'Dandy' gets stripped of its context down to surface symptoms of an underlying spirit, like a caricature of what it meant. That kind of "dandyism" just looks like a bad Pitti Uomo afterparty to me. My knowledge on the dandy is limited to some Oscar Wilde stories and Wikipedia admittedly, so there's that, but I would think that a Haider outfit is dandy in spirit only within the SZsphere. Elsewhere, I'd probably see it as Fashion.
                  bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Dandy is a state of mind. The original dandies like Beau Brummel wore black and worn in. The caricature of the dandy that we know was popularized by Wilde. That's why I said very delibiraty "dandy in a different way." I think Rick is very dandy, actually!
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• shisou
                      • Sep 2014

Is it Julius? NO

Is it BBS? NO

It's Army of Me.

In case you are unfortunate enough to be unfamiliar with this very exciting brand, let me quote from their website (emphasis mine).

"Original shapes and cuts makes every garment a statement of individuality.

The concept was born out of a wish to do something different."

As you can see from the photos above, they have certainly put their brand philosophy into practice

Comment

• jimmycs
                        • Mar 2014

Shisou, I am familiar with this brand from the Victims Store (Spanish site) which carries limited items of Army of Me.

Very interesting lines, being different. I think I bought few items number of years back from that site.

Thanx for the lead to their site.

Comment

• NOHSAD
                          • Nov 2014

I remember seeing runway pictures of Army of Me when it was an up and coming brand. Since then, a few online stores carries their clothes. I'd be lying though, if i didn't think AoM's aesthetic was "BBS inspired".
                          "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• ian+
                            • Dec 2011

army of copycats
                            ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• 13we2
                              • Sep 2015

Many people thought BBS was CCP inspired not too many years ago. :/

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
                                Many people thought BBS was CCP inspired not too many years ago. :/
                                This is not inspiration but straight up copying.

On the same dispiriting note, IF picked up Leopold Bassert

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎