Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 13we2
    • Sep 2015

I meant to say in a sense we should be more forgiving. Young designers grow and they need time to prove themselves. Rick used to work for a copycat counterfeit company... the young CCP was in a non-creative factory... etc

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
      I meant to say in a sense we should be more forgiving. Young designers grow and they need time to prove themselves. Rick used to work for a copycat counterfeit company... the young CCP was in a non-creative factory... etc
      I would agree with you in general, but I don't see a reason to give this any benefit of the doubt. There are a ton of brands that do these knockoffs. There is no reason for their existing. There is not even a kernel of originality here.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• shisou
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
        I did read about them before I decided to post.
        The brand's slogan is "Dare to be Unique" (perhaps time for the "double dare"?).

Here is Army of Me's history:
        "In 2008, designers Daniel Wahlberg and Richard Sjöblom from Stockholm, Sweden founded the brand called Army Of Me.

And here is BBS' history:
        "In 2007 Saberi launched his eponymous label, establishing his atelier in a place that fully represents the designer’s complex philosophy."

Army of Me has recently started appearing, this season I think, on the sites of a few Japanese retailers. I was quite surprised to see it available at Gullam alongside Geoffrey B. Small, incarnation, Leon Emmanuel Blanck, etc...
        Last edited by shisou; 09-06-2016, 11:28 AM. Reason: More and better info came to hand

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

It is often the case that when a retailer cannot get their brand of choice, they will go for an imitator. That's what brands like these bank on.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• NOHSAD
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            It is often the case that when a retailer cannot get their brand of choice, they will go for an imitator. That's what brands like these bank on.
            Yeah, I can see Retailers choosing AoM as a "Plan B" if say, they couldn't carry BBS for whatever reason. Also, just from giving the site a quick scroll through, It seems like they're a more price friendly alternative to BBS?
            "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• Jtothewhat
              • Oct 2014

If you want a real WTF moment try reading their 'About' page. I can't remember the last time I saw such poor typography..my eyes are hurting from trying to read that.

Comment

• derpington
                • Oct 2009

I'm think it's pretty narrow minded to call Army of Me a Boris Bidjan Saberi rip off. For example, they also rip off Rick Owens.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                  • Jul 2013

And yet, somehow, I wouldn't be surprised if AoM has just gotten a surge of buys. What you guys call rip-offs another calls a cheaper alternative.

Comment

• blackdeath
                    • Apr 2016

the tag hanging out of the back pocket

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

Eh Boris racked it off Damir -- this just looks so shit it's not deserving of attention to begin with.

Dropped Clotch indeed.

Comment

• Monoral
                        • Mar 2014

^

preach brother

Comment

• Nickefuge
                          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                          Eh Boris racked it off Damir
                          I like the tag inside my Damir pants and hoodie, because I can play with it when I don't know what to do with my hands.
                          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Law
                            • Dec 2013

This beauty:

Last edited by Law; 09-07-2016, 07:55 PM. Reason: Photo too big

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                              • Sep 2008

Do we need to discuss the new Yeezy here?
                              Can't even understand that it's still going since the only thing that seems to sell is the sneakers. Stores still have stuff from the 1st collection on major discounts that don't seem to move.

Comment

• kOrtuoste
                                • May 2016

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
                                Do we need to discuss the new Yeezy here?
                                I think the more WTF part is that he released toddler sizes for his sneakers that sold out too...
                                IG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎