• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
    Do we need to discuss the new Yeezy here?
    Can't even understand that it's still going since the only thing that seems to sell is the sneakers. Stores still have stuff from the 1st collection on major discounts that don't seem to move.
    I vote no. Too self-evident of a WTF.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
      • Apr 2011

It's not WTF if the thing in question is exactly as it should be.

Comment

• 13we2
        • Sep 2015

The oversized camo shirts have become quite popular for the kids here but of course, all by "Yeezy-inspired" no name brands for $5 per piece.

Now check this out and hail to the Chinese:

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
          • Apr 2013

i have blue and yellow diagonal zips you want to fight me
          Originally posted by unwashed
          Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
          Originally posted by Ahimsa
          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Verdandi
            • Mar 2012

The real fashion crime here is the nail art. Don't get me wrong I love good manicure like half moon but I draw the line at things glued on.
            lavender menace

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
              • Apr 2013

whats even worse is that its supposed to be *chrome hearts*
              Originally posted by unwashed
              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
              Originally posted by Ahimsa
              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• blackswan
                • Feb 2011

i personally smiled when i read this question:

"The Internet changed everything, particularly in retail. What is the dichotomy of in-store versus online? "

Buy, sell and discover authenticated pieces from top brands, spanning designer, vintage, streetwear and more. Shop men's and women's clothing on Grailed, the platform for personal style. Explore top listings from the community today.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                  • Sep 2008

Comment

• gustavobradley
                    • Jun 2016

Originally posted by blackswan View Post
                    i personally smiled when i read this question:

"The Internet changed everything, particularly in retail. What is the dichotomy of in-store versus online? "

https://www.grailed.com/drycleanonly/darklands

Thought it was a good read. I have zero experience with Darklands at all, but I found it kind of funny that the vibe this interview gives off is one of being extremely authentic, and not bending to the will of trends (aka the consumer, while at the same time they talk about their new diffusion space for 11, DRKSHDW, etc. (which just so happen to be very trendy right now).

I don't think there's anything wrong with catering at least somewhat to a new consumer-base, especially because Darklands is - to my knowledge - a business at the end of the day. But to pretty blatantly do so while touting a message of uncompromising authenticity seems disingenuous.

Comment

• blackswan
                      • Feb 2011

yes, indeed the interview is nice and i would prefer more in store pictures, but that question from grailed asking darklands, i must admit it's a bit wtf

Comment

• byhand
                        • Dec 2011

I don't think there's anything wrong with catering at least somewhat to a new consumer-base, especially because Darklands is - to my knowledge - a business at the end of the day. But to pretty blatantly do so while touting a message of uncompromising authenticity seems disingenuous.

These are diffusion lines for brands that Darklands already stocks. It's not like he's buying Supreme. Also, he gets a lot of lookyloos who can't afford the main space prices but still make the pilgrimage to the store. Now he has more wallet-friendly items so that he can also make a buck from these people who would otherwise not buy anything.

Campbell has taken a bashing within this forum previously, but you gotta admit the guy makes amazing buys.

Comment

• gustavobradley
                          • Jun 2016

Originally posted by byhand View Post
                          These are diffusion lines for brands that Darklands already stocks. It's not like he's buying Supreme. Also, he gets a lot of lookyloos who can't afford the main space prices but still make the pilgrimage to the store. Now he has more wallet-friendly items so that he can also make a buck from these people who would otherwise not buy anything.

Campbell has taken a bashing within this forum previously, but you gotta admit the guy makes amazing buys.
                          Yeah, that's kind of what I was saying. My issue was with the kind of message that I personally got from the interview, which was that the store doesn't necessarily want to associate with diffusion lines, which are kind of by definition a watered down, less "authentic" version of the mainlines.

Darklands does have incredible stuff, and is almost second-to-none for the sheer volume of specific stock that they have.

Comment

• kOrtuoste
                            • May 2016

IG

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Excellent. I bet it's that dude with the middle of his head shaved.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

Dov Charney launched the exposed penis trend, did it to journalists and employees. Fashion innovators never get their due.
                                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎