Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mne
    • Mar 2016

'The man who SINGLE-HANDEDLY launched the exposed penis trend' - what an excellent choice of words, could have just said wanker haha..

Comment

• eleves
      • Sep 2012

http://hypebeast.com/2016/9/both-201...but-collection

Not toooo wtf but here we go! A new Cinzia Araia
      Originally posted by Faust
      HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Nickefuge
        • Nov 2014

Is it Rick? Is it Boris? It’s "BOTH".
        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• eleves
          • Sep 2012

Every so often, a true beauty of WTF emerges...

https://www.grailed.com/listings/100...String-of-ears
          Originally posted by Faust
          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• NOHSAD
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by eleves View Post
            http://hypebeast.com/2016/9/both-201...but-collection

Not toooo wtf but here we go! A new Cinzia Araia
            Lady and Gents! I give you B grade BBS Bambas -Suicide-. Most notable stores to be carrying BOTH footwear is Antonioli and Darklands (after a quick look at their Instagram page).
            Last edited by NOHSAD; 10-03-2016, 10:26 AM.
            "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• mikko
              • Apr 2013

Bambas are already B grade... from a quality standpoint.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                • Sep 2008

From an old interview about Visvim:

Comment

• scanner
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
                  From an old interview about Visvim:

That's from a John Mayer interview and to be taken in jest.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Yes, it's a traditional Japanese dyeing method. Hiroki mentioned it to me when I interviewed him for Business of Fashion. It just came out wrong in this interview.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Yes, it's a traditional Japanese dyeing method. Hiroki mentioned it to me when I interviewed him for Business of Fashion. It just came out wrong in this interview.
                      Tyrian purple (Greek, πορφύρα, porphyra, Latin: purpura), also known as royal purple, imperial purple or imperial dye, is a purple-red dye, which is extracted from sea snails, and which was first produced by the ancient Phoenicians.

Mummy brown was a rich brown bituminous pigment, intermediate in tint between burnt umber and raw umber, which was one of the favorite colors of the Pre-Raphaelites

Good persimmon tannin juice contains plenty of tannin. In middle to late August, green fruit containing abundant tannin is harvested, and juiced. The varieties of persimmon containing great amounts of tannin are used, such as Ten'nou, Tsurunoko, and Hourenbou. Unripe fruits are crushed and juiced to produce persimmon tannin juice. The tannin is then used to create an orangey golden brown used to dye goods in japan.

just some more examples of weird shit as pigments or dyes.

it also is not strange to grind precious gems or other animals such as scarabs for various color purposes.
                      Originally posted by unwashed
                      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                      Originally posted by Ahimsa
                      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                        • Nov 2014

For a real WTF John Mayer moment, please watch him talk about IWC watches for 45 minutes. I think it's on YouTube.
                        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                          • Apr 2014

I don't get it. What is so wtf about crushed lady bugs for dye? If I recall, Starbucks (I don't drink there) crushes some insect for dye as well.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
                            I don't get it. What is so wtf about crushed lady bugs for dye? If I recall, Starbucks (I don't drink there) crushes some insect for dye as well.
                            Yeah, the translation just wan't quite accurate. Cochineal or something like it was probably what he was referring to.
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Lex1017
                              • Jul 2015

Ya I have seen bugs dried abdomens (thick butt part) as dye. My friend was telling me about someone who would put a piece in water with 100 pennies and leave it for a month and the copper would dye it. Natural dyes are very interesting.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                                Vegan Police
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
                                Cochineal (scale insect for red dye) is also sometimes used for red wine. Sea shells and bone for toothpaste, ambergris (whale vomit) and deer musk in perfume, isinglass (fish gelatin) in alcohol e.g. Guinness, etc.
                                Urine used to be used to create indigo before ammonia became readily available.

So yeah, pretty common happening.
                                Last edited by Ahimsa; 10-07-2016, 01:28 PM.
                                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎