X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mewtu
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    /\ foul. is it the buddhist way though? cause the nazis inverted it.
    no, it's the nazi one.
    Originally Posted by ProfMonitoff: "Then my friend's cat crapped on it and the dry cleaner couldn't fix it "

Comment

• lotek01
      • Aug 2009

/\ foul. is it the buddhist way though? cause the nazis inverted it.
      Originally posted by Mewtu View Post
      no, it's the nazi one.
      Not quite, both types were used in Eastern religions. The nazis didn't flip it, they just used that one which changed the meaning of that particular orientation forever.

Still, I can't imagine anyone wearing it. Although in Japan it seems like these sorts of things don't matter as much. Judging from what seems to be fairly acceptable subcultures, I'd think they have their own ideas of "kitsch" irony...

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

aaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhh not kitsch and irony please no........

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
          ^ must be the japanese balmain
          It's some sort of street/luze label that sells you $700 Swarovski tees with skulls and guns design. Really weird and was popular in Japan a few yrs ago then HK followed suit.
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lotek01 View Post
            Not quite, both types were used in Eastern religions. The nazis didn't flip it, they just used that one which changed the meaning of that particular orientation forever.

Still, I can't imagine anyone wearing it. Although in Japan it seems like these sorts of things don't matter as much. Judging from what seems to be fairly acceptable subcultures, I'd think they have their own ideas of "kitsch" irony...
            The swastika was used in Iran, by American Indians, etc. It's a pretty common symbol and you could still see it on cheap trinkets in the US during the 30s. However I'd say it has been sufficiently recontextualized that I'd avoid using it on fashion items. I remember reading a debate about how the Japanese were courageously using post-modern remixing to remove swastikas from the Nazi context and make it something else, which is bullshit; they're just ignorant dumbasses (in that specific case) not critical theorists of negative-democracy discourse in the post WWII age.
            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• it would be illegal to wear it in sweden.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                aaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhh not kitsch and irony please no........
                Seriously, been trying to kill that shit off forever.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                  The swastika was used in Iran, by American Indians, etc. It's a pretty common symbol and you could still see it on cheap trinkets in the US during the 30s. However I'd say it has been sufficiently recontextualized that I'd avoid using it on fashion items. I remember reading a debate about how the Japanese were courageously using post-modern remixing to remove swastikas from the Nazi context and make it something else, which is bullshit; they're just ignorant dumbasses (in that specific case) not critical theorists of negative-democracy discourse in the post WWII age.
                  WORD.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SunshineSometime
                    • May 2008

The champ is here

Comment

• eyeballkid
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                      it would be illegal to wear it in sweden.
                      no it wouldn't .. its only illegal in a nazi context. ie. expressing hateful opinions against people. on its own the swastica means nothing more than any other graphical symbol (from the swedish laws perspective.)

germany on the other hand has much stronger laws against symbols from the naziperiod. but thats something they just "had" to do in the aftermath of the war.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

no matter what, one would just be either obnoxious or ignorant to wear that shirt at all.
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                          no matter what, one would just be either obnoxious or ignorant to wear that shirt at all.
                          or a prince

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

or a prince

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• jcotteri
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                              pim pom
                              WTB: This

Comment

• noerml
                                • May 2008

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                                ^ must be the japanese balmain
                                what i find particular offensive is that the design itself and the materials used are below average and rather remind me of the rummage table at h&m.
                                rubber sandals with an exclusive skull application goin for €650 instead of 6.50 at gap, what a bargain, what better way to show how rich and stylish you are -.-
                                And through their parting lids there came and went
                                Keen glimpses of the inner firmament

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎