X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lotek01
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by crouka View Post
    "We just wore swastikas coz we thought they looked cool. We weren't Nazis nor did we have any political views at all."
    Marco Pirroni
    haha love that quote. thanks for the info, you're like an endless well of sociocultural trivia!

Comment

• fadetogrey
      • Apr 2009

I don't mind the mouthwash colour, but in a completely different context/outfit obviously. Mixing with purple is just too obnoxious to me.

ironman, to be fair, that model looks amazing in everything!

Comment

• beardown
        rekoner
        • Feb 2009

This might be a good time to remind people why you can't just purchase good style. You can buy all the high end clothes in the world or buy up the whole rack from one specific designer but if you don't know how to put it together and what combinations to use, you can end up like this.

But think about it for a moment: She is wearing the most palatable version of Rick she can, basically. It's Rick with a middle American, soccer mom twist. Which is the only thing she can get away with without becoming a target from the media.

She's not supposed to look royal. She's not supposed to look high end, she's not supposed to look 'amazing' or progressive. She's supposed to look like every other middle aged mom in the U.S. but with a sharper, smarter twist maybe. It's clear that she knows what designers she likes (Lanvin, in particular it seems) but she's putting it all together in a way that blends into middle America and doesn't raise eyebrows.

There were articles written about how she and the president were drinking 'high end' margaritas instead of beer last week. They can't get away with ANYTHING. Especially during a recession.
        Totally and completely over scrutinized.
        Originally posted by mizzar
        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Servo2000
          • Oct 2006

'you got a spicy mustard or something like that'
          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• almroth
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by crouka View Post
            "We just wore swastikas coz we thought they looked cool. We weren't Nazis nor did we have any political views at all."
            Marco Pirroni
            I think they do look cool, but because of previous history it would be provoking and kind of disgusting to wear a swastika. It doesn't matter why anyone would wear them, it's a question of respect to me.

this made me realize a friend of mine has a tattoo of a swastika being thrown in a trashcan. I never asked him about it.

Comment

• Dropt
              • May 2009

The comments and ratings are hilarious :

My husband and I own 12 different Star Wars / StormTrooper Ecko designs and this is by far our favorite! I wear it with jeans and boots for a night out having fun.
              The sketching on this shirt shows the power of a Storm Trooper and why they were feared across the Star Wars Universe.
              GANGTSTER LOOK FOR STAR WARS IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER

Comment

• crouka
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by almroth View Post
                I think they do look cool, but because of previous history it would be provoking and kind of disgusting to wear a swastika. It doesn't matter why anyone would wear them, it's a question of respect to me.

this made me realize a friend of mine has a tattoo of a swastika being thrown in a trashcan. I never asked him about it.
                seriously, please read well.
                I put the quote because of "mastermind, not vivienne westwood" part etc in lotek01's post.
                I didn't put it for saying that it becomes okay if they have that reason.

frankly I don't think the print looks especially cool. even if it had not been for the history, I would not like to wear it.
                and even though it's just a graphic thing technically and it's not what we should truly fight against (to be honest), personally I wouldn't use it as long as there are people to whom it is disgusting.

so, since you said that, if you really say "it's a question of respect to me",
                did you not think by now that the word "swastika" be liberated and be returned to that beautiful sanskrit and that some other word for the nazi symbol should properly be used ?
                or you respect certain people but just ignore another ? as doldrums wrote it, when you know the difference.

Comment

• almroth
                  • Jul 2008

It wasn't directed at you. obviously, since I quoted a quote from marco pirroni.. which I started thinking about. you misinterpreted my post. also, I mean it's question of respect for those who lost people during those horrible times..
                  Last edited by almroth; 08-19-2009, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Atheism is the Margiela of religions.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                      Atheism is the Margiela of religions.
                      Beautiful quote man, I think this one just might go on to the Pantheon.
                      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• the breaks
                        • Sep 2007

More like the Rick Owens... you think you're edgy but the edge wore off a long time ago.
                        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• crouka
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by almroth View Post
                          It wasn't directed at you. obviously, since I quoted a quote from marco pirroni.. which I started thinking about. you misinterpreted my post. also, I mean it's question of respect for those who lost people during those horrible times..
                          when we see the words from that kind of person, it was from an interview.
                          he answered it because he was asked why.
                          I thoght it's obvious and that it cannot be true you were saying "it doesn't matter why" about his statement itself.
                          sorry

I know you you were referring to those people. therefore I asked you the questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                            More like the Rick Owens... you think you're edgy but the edge wore off a long time ago.
                            Hmm, for some it might, but to me it's just the simplistic reduction and form but still keeping the function which is the essence of margiela. Clever and simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                              Beautiful quote man, I think this one just might go on to the Pantheon.
                              ^^thanks. I felt really nerdy when I came up with it.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Speaking of Viv. Were you to tell her in the 70s that stuff like that would happen... Man, talk about how society warps culture...

"
                                PUNK CLOTHING CASE SET FOR TRIAL: Three people accused of being involved with making and selling fake Vivienne Westwood and Malcolm McLaren punk-era clothing were bailed following a plea and case management hearing at London’s Southwark Crown Court Tuesday, to appear at a trial fixed for May. Grant Champkins-Howard, Vesna Grandes-Howard and Lee Parker next year will face charges of possession of controlled articles for use in fraud, proceeds of crime and conspiracy to defraud, a spokesman for Southwark Crown Court said Wednesday. All three pleaded not guilty to those charges Tuesday.

The trio is alleged to have made and sold clothing they claimed was made by McLaren and Westwood in the Seventies, during the time the designers ran the King’s Road store Sex, which was later named Seditionaries. Prior to initiating the court proceedings, police seized clothing from the defendants’ homes and from the auction houses Christie’s in London and Kerry Taylor Auctions."
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎