X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DHC
    • Jul 2007

/\gold...heehee

so what you doing on the GAP website ML?
    Originally posted by Faust
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

shit...

haha, to be honest I was tipped of about the sissyp sighting
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• jcotteri
        • Jun 2008

loool gap! That's amazing
        WTB: This

Comment

• dndy1840
          • Sep 2008

Another recession effect indeed : I heard about a possible collab CCP x Gap available in March 2010.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

lol, WTF?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dndy1840
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              lol, WTF?
              lol, I managed what I intended to do : a WTF rumor

Of course, Mr Poell is the kind of designer who will never compromise himself in shitty collabs. Well, never say never, but whatever ...

But the recent example with RO and Eastpak inspired me. (On a more general note, could someone indicate me a successful collab in terms of creative achievement ? I'm totally against the very spirit of collaboration in fashion design, but willing to change my mind ... )

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MonaDahl
                ^^i thought stella mccartney for adidas was pretty good when I saw it.
                that was pretty neat.

My favorite collab was between Sarah Jessica Horse and Steve & Barry. Obviously they had to pay her so much money that the whole fucking chain went bankrupt. Less aesthetic garbage on our planet, WOOT!
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LupinTheFourth
                  • Aug 2009

WTF

WTF=Raf's next summer.
                  modern man

Comment

• dndy1840
                    • Sep 2008

I always feel that instead of creating a third interesting entity, the two brands in collaboration are just perverting their very essence.

I didn't know Stella Mc Cartney had collaborated with Adidas, Mona, but from my point of you, who would like to be fashionable while doing sports - where one has just to be comfy and "efficient" - and why Stella Mc Cartney would endanger her image by designing sportswear ? (Well, money, obviously ...)

Eternal, I don't know much about streetwear, but yes, I think that this is definitely where the most interesting collabs could be/are.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dndy1840 View Post
                      I always feel that instead of creating a third interesting entity, the two brands in collaboration are just perverting their very essence.

I didn't know Stella Mc Cartney had collaborated with Adidas, Mona, but from my point of you, who would like to be fashionable while doing sports - where one has just to be comfy and "efficient" - and why Stella Mc Cartney would endanger her image by designing sportswear ? (Well, money, obviously ...)

Eternal, I don't know much about streetwear, but yes, I think that this is definitely where the most interesting collabs could be/are.
                      Stella does what the bigwigs at PPR tell her to do. At the time she was deep in the red so she did it for money. I don't know, I like good-looking sportswear to be honest.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dndy1840
                        • Sep 2008

I like her adidas stuff better than her main line stuff more often than not.
                        Aouch for Stella

Actually I did browse both Adidas website, where the collab is, and her website before posting - of course -, and I didn't see any coherence between what she does on her line and the Adidas stuff, which is as you and Faust appropriately said, "good-looking sportswear". But I can't go as far as subtlety (from what I can see on the website at least). And I don't see the difference between Stella x Adidas and the latest Adidas x Adidas, which is surprisingly OK.

My point would be, OK for good-looking stuff, but why bother ? I mean collabs are the utmost stage of marketing in fashion design : Adidas prints Stella's Mc Cartney's name on hardly improved designs, customers pay premium prices and that's it ? Plus, the deal is not really fair imo : Adidas sells products with high margins, Stella gets royalties or whatever but damages her image badly by making sportswear ...
                        Another example, Lanvin x Acne is cheap Lanvin with Acne fabrics, with a retail price. Who would pay for that ?
                        That's why I think collabs are 99 % shit (sorry but no other word)

Comment

• dndy1840
                          • Sep 2008

Sportswear tends to utilize pretty specific materials, all animal friendly, so I think sportswear was actually very freeing for her designs.
                          And this would be the best argument you could use against me

Comment

• I'm looking forward to Hussein Chalayan x Puma

Comment

• random
                              • Dec 2007

KVA IS THe CANCER THAT KILLED DIOR HOMME
                              I don't exist.

Comment

• gerry
                                • Feb 2008

About the entire activewear debate...

Originally posted by dndy1840 View Post
                                Aouch for Stella
                                My point would be, OK for good-looking stuff, but why bother ? I mean collabs are the utmost stage of marketing in fashion design : Adidas prints Stella's Mc Cartney's name on hardly improved designs, customers pay premium prices and that's it ? Plus, the deal is not really fair imo : Adidas sells products with high margins, Stella gets royalties or whatever but damages her image badly by making sportswear ...
                                I can't defend an Adidas x Yohji collab or Acne x Lanvin but I think Stella's collab with Adidas makes sense if you take into consideration the entire "holistic lifestyle" approach her brand (not her clothing brand, I personally feel) the line makes sense. Her activewear line and sportswear line aren't in conflict because (unlike Y-3) her line for adidas is clearly activewear while her rtw is clearly sportswear. It's not diluting her image because they simply represent two parts of her brand.

I don't think the same can be said of the other collabs mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎