X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gerry
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by MonaDahl
    I like her adidas stuff better than her main line stuff more often than not.
    Lol. Agreed.

Comment

• Johnny
      • Sep 2006

Yours for less than, yes that's right LESS THAN, $10,500

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

/\ sweet!

WTF, Johnny browsing Colette website ;-)
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cabl3
          • Dec 2008

why is this sold out...why?!
          "If you want to tell the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
          - Wilde

Comment

• beardown
            rekoner
            • Feb 2009

I think the collaboration has played itself a long time ago. They usually end up being more 'collision' and less 'collaboration.'

Marketing departments do them when they can't come up with any new, fresh ideas for the most part, at least for larger companies.
            Almost every collaboration I've seen (especially the most hyped ones) are underwhelming at best.
            It's like any other formula...the final product has to be more than just the sum of its parts.
            Shoes, particularly, have always been disappointing. Bags even more so.
            More than anything, it seems like companies and brands just want to piggyback off of a designer or artist that's more established than the other or has more respect.
            (Rick x Eastpak to name a recent one).
            It's another excuse for a press release and another excuse to promote something that really isn't much better than the rest of the line usually at the end of the day.
            As an artist, I've collaborated on lots of projects over the years with colleagues within the industry where most of my work appears. I've done magazine covers, 'collaborated' on shoes and paintings and this and that but very rarely is there any 'magic' when people combine their styles and influences. More often than not, it's more like a collision than a collaboration.

But, hey...as a company exec, you want the streets talkin', right?
            Certainly there are cases where two artists or designers' styles blend together well enough to pull it off...I'm just saying that the whole concept is so beaten, abused and watered down that every time I see the term 'collab,' I reach for my gun...not my wallet.
            Originally posted by mizzar
            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by beardown View Post
              I think the collaboration has played itself a long time ago. They usually end up being more 'collusion' and less 'collaboration.'
              fixed
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• beardown
                rekoner
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MonaDahl
                I don't think anyone's saying that collaborations are always great. I just don't think that one can say that the whole concept is dead.

Then again, I'm not a fan of anything so definitive, and I get a startling number of compliments on my Proenza Schouler for Target dress.
                "Certainly there are cases where two artists or designers' styles blend together well enough to pull it off..."

I don't think I was saying that collaborations are always failures.
                The concept will never be dead as long as there is a target market to support it.

I'm just saying it's become more of a watered down obligation for most brands than it is an creative endeavor where 2 styles come together to make something original.

When you have a designer work on something he/she would normally be working on and affix a different brand logo to it, there's not a whole lot of true collaborating going on.

Much more like co-branding than collaboration, which seemed to be the case with the Rick x Eastpak situation. But 'co-branding' isn't nearly as buzz-worthy of a term as 'collab' is.

Buy what you like!
                I'm simply pointing out that, in my opinion, more often than not it fails because the whole process seems more of an obligatory marketing angle than a chance to create something different and creative.

Comment

• Catfood
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by cabl3 View Post

why is this sold out...why?!
                  Theory 1: Kanye West was photographed wearing it, thereby instantly making it a holy-grail for every hypebeaster out there.

Theory 2: Faust won the lottery and decided he needed some really expensive toilet paper.

Comment

• Enaml
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Catfood View Post
                    Theory 1: Kanye West was photographed wearing it, thereby instantly making it a holy-grail for every hypebeaster out there.

Theory 2: Faust won the lottery and decided he needed some really expensive toilet paper.
                    Theory 3: Faust won the lottery and decided he needed some really expensive toilet paper, instantly making it a holy-grail for every hypebeaster out there.
                    How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Enaml, I'd like to think that I don't do that.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Enaml
                        • Apr 2009

One man's trash is another man's treasure.
                        How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Who the fuck is this retard?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• beardown
                            rekoner
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            The close up shots of that jacket are not doing it any favors. That gradient process looks like it peels off and flakes off like most sublimation processes.
                            I wonder if they anticipated how badly those things would wear. I know in Rick World, all kind of deterioration and unnatural breakdown can be justified by his 'scarring' theory but the quality on that looks total shit.

Faust, I think that guy was in the band with the girl who pissed her pants on stage one time and made the national news in doing so.

Comment

• Oh weh mir
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by beardown View Post

Faust, I think that guy was in the band with the girl who pissed her pants on stage one time and made the national news in doing so.
                              They had to achieve celebrity somehow.
                              Isn't he the guy who put together all that support for obama, before, during, and after the election?
                              Originally posted by AVALANCHE
                              is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• ironman
                                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                "ricks leather" and selling a bunch of D&G lol

also, as per the shoulder shrug Raf coat, i don't think it looks that bad (compared to the pink version), plus maybe there was only 1 of each size

it wouldn't be that much of a shocker if a total of like 5 people bought it

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎