• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

what's so WTF about that?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ANAIKINN
      • Feb 2009

Merz, You are absolutely прав!
      Originally posted by Nick Mason
      One of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

Comment

• danimal
        • Sep 2008

Is this still the proper thread for posting pictures of the Black Eyed Peas in SZ gear?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
          i think its the half-russian/half-english 'eto ochen' important!'
          listening to this made me shudder. 'ya reshila to venture na chto-to bol'she!'
          Virtually everyone who's been in the US for a while talks like this. I am sure you let a word or two slip in here and there. What is real WTF is how Russians IN Russia have defiled their language with anglicisms. настоящий фэшн гламур. This shit makes me vomit
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

^ keep em coming. There are some things I'm looking to spot!
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by danimal View Post
              Is this still the proper thread for posting pictures of the Black Eyed Peas in SZ gear?

This is too much, lol. I suppose their stylist trolls SZ (or SuFu, which trolls SZ).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• crz
                • Apr 2008

..some of SZ trolls around sufu aswell.. a lot of 'good finds' linked to sufu supermarket

Comment

• Sombre
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Virtually everyone who's been in the US for a while talks like this. I am sure you let a word or two slip in here and there. What is real WTF is how Russians IN Russia have defiled their language with anglicisms. настоящий фэшн гламур. This shit makes me vomit
                  This is exactly what I've been saying for the past 4 days in "Randomness".

Btw is that the Julius red rider on one of the Black Eyed Peas members? You see? From Beyonce in GP to the Olsen twins in CCP to Michelle Obama in RO, increasing mainstream appeal for "underground" fashion.
                  An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                  I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• croatoan
                    • Jul 2007

It isn't so much a desire to seek out "underground" fashion but attempts to look unique and different from surrounding high-profile people. And I don't think I would consider Rick Owens or Gareth Pugh, among some of the most talked about and press-happy designers at the moment, quite "underground" to begin with. Even CCP has long been a favourite of celebrities and otherwise public figures. It is carried at very celebrity-friendly stores around Hollywood so who do you expect to wear it?

Comment

• Ivans On High
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by danimal View Post

At least it doesn't look like he stole it from his little brother...

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by crz View Post
                        ..some of SZ trolls around sufu aswell.. a lot of 'good finds' linked to sufu supermarket
                        I don't want to get into interforum pissing matches, so let's get this out of the way once and for all and in public.

1) When I created SZ, I invited exactly one person from SuFu - darkanimal. There was a reason for that.

2) There was no Superfashion section on SuFu before SZ - it started VERY shortly after SZ as members started to defect (and I have said it many times that I wish people would stop comparing SZ to SuFu, or any other forum for that matter, and I have banned a number of SuFu members who thought SZ is just another SuFu-style playground for their big internet egos).

3) You saw virtually no discussion about designers that SZ started with. Go count the number of "Who's Ann Dem(insert misspelling here)" posts on SuFu after SZ came about.

4) For the most part, people post there because they don't have 100 posts here. And thank goodness for that.

These are facts. The moment we start discussing 45RPM, Supreme and APC, you can start talking about trolling. Can we move on now, once and for all?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                          • Jan 2007

^
                          I have my own issues with SuFu (and don't post there anymore) but I somewhat disagree. I'd say SuFu started going downhill in late 2007 or early 2008.
                          1) Regardless of who you invited, many respected people on here are sufu expats
                          2) Fair enough, but just because there was no fashion section doesn't mean there was no fashion discussion. SuperFashion was created because SuperShopper seemed to have a personality disorder.
                          3) I guess
                          4) Unless you're only talking about sale threads, I disagree strongly. SZ is an extremely niche forum. SuFu has a more broad range of topics. Some people on SuFu are into SZ type stuff, so they come here for the more in-depth discussion.

And to actually post something that made me go WTF...

Guess who beat me to the Raf woven lace-ups...
                          Originally posted by jogu
                          i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• croatoan
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
                            Guess who beat me to the Raf woven lace-ups...
                            I actually saw a guy wearing the black Asics today, along with the neon blue two-button collared arm... thing.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Professor, I need to clarify 4). I was referring to SZ type goodies that end up in good finds here. They are mostly by SZ members who do not have 100 posts. Anyway, I don't want to get into territorial pissing - it's not good form.

P.S. LOL at the asics. Wouldn't expect less of him.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• galia
                                • Jun 2009

just got around to watching this and it is both eminently cringe-worthy and totally awesome
                                classic Jean-Claude Van Damme syndrome...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎