Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • syed
    • Sep 2010

docus This watch is available to buy online on the UK. Similar to the second watch, but with a rubber strap. I tried it on in the store, but alas my wrists are the size of a child's (on which note, Swatch watches are a life saver - this is one of my favourites).
    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• docus
      • Dec 2010

^^^ Hmm, you have good taste in watches - they're both very simple and uncluttered.

***edit*** My 100th post!

Comment

• eton97
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
        wow - maths very out there - i got it in 2003 on my 30th.....

Originally posted by gnow View Post
        From your Daytona to your milgauss, it seems like you don't like watches with dates
        It's not that i don't like the date - i'm none fussed either way - its more that i just don't dig the cyclopse eye....also having a date on a chronograph can make the face a bit too cluttered
        you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• comex9
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
          I was 5 years old in 1978 . I got it in 1993 as a 30th birthday present to myself.
          The paul newmans are not worth the additional $30k as it is exactly the same watch as the standard 6263, just the face is different. So in effect you are spending shit loads extra for what is essentially a painted disk the size of a 10p coin.
          Completely agree on your comment on daytona's being a good investment. My curent day watches are a 2010 black stainless steel daytona and a 2009 green crystal milgauss (which I haven't taken off for the last 3 weeks.
          E,
          Your black face/bezel 6263 is my favorite Daytona! I keep on bothering my dad's friend to sell me his. My bro has a 99 black face zenith movement, but I like the old ones better.

I completely concur with your cyclops/date statement, that's why i have a sub no date. I still miss my airking from 94, but it's a long story.

BTW, has the valjoux movement caused you any trouble. Are u bothered with the manual wind and wish for the auto?
          Last edited by comex9; 02-14-2011, 11:47 AM. Reason: .....

Comment

• eton97
            • Dec 2008

Never had a problem with the movement except the master spring going once. But I only buy from a very reputable dealer who has a rolex engineer on site, so it was fixed in a week. Saves the 3 months that rolex take to repair anything, and only original parts are used. You really shouldn't buy something like this unless you get all the original paperwork and have a dealer you can trust.

The manual wind is actually nice and makes you 'connect' with the watch.....You need it and it needs you.

The daytona's with the original zenith movements are now actually considered collectors pieces as they are no longer produced, so good buy from your brother...although I prefer the face configuration on the new model with the seconds disk at the 6 o'clock rather than 9 o'clock.

I still miss my first vintage explorer 1, and if I were to go for a new watch it would be this in the new 40mm size. Stunningly simple, sporty and classic..... It's just too similar to the milgauss to warrant it right now.

you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Enaml
              • Apr 2009

Going off eternal's post about the 'reveal' watch, I've got it, love it, but accidentally broke the cheap leather band it came with this past week (oops). Any recommendations for replacement bands?
              How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• DamageX
                • Dec 2008

I really enjoy simple uncluttered designs, I tend to like watches that are digital rather than analog. Also, I prefer one that is devoid of logos/branding.

Ventura - V-Tec Sigma

Rosendahl - Watch II

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                  I still miss my first vintage explorer 1, and if I were to go for a new watch it would be this in the new 40mm size. Stunningly simple, sporty and classic..... It's just too similar to the milgauss to warrant it right now.
                  the 36 mm explorer is what i'm wearing. i know the movement is nothing to write home about, but the steel has a nice polish and it's just kind of a non-showy, no-bullshit straight-up design which fits with everything else i like. i'm not a watch buff obviously - i just wanted a sturdy and decent one i wouldn't get sick off, so that i can tick that box off and forget about it.

the only detail that kinda bothers me is the differences in character between the curved lugs and the bracelet. to me it looks like it was designed for a leather strap way back when. i might try that sometime.

btw. i hate the 'new' rolex branding around the inside of the bezels now (like on the new 40 mm). got mine before they started that... :D

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                    Going off eternal's post about the 'reveal' watch, I've got it, love it, but accidentally broke the cheap leather band it came with this past week (oops). Any recommendations for replacement bands?
                    You can get replacement bands from the projects website
                    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Sombre
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Eternal
                      I actually love this one designed by Daniel Will-Harris, I'm getting one pretty soon in the black steel mesh.

The Reveal watch by Project.

All models:
                      http://www.timefy.com/fr/search.php?...Reveal&x=0&y=0
                      I have that watch, and it's great. My only complaint is that on the hour it reads 60 instead of 0, so for example, 10:00 on that watch says 10:60.
                      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• arc
                        • Mar 2011

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

The all black Hublot Bat Bang is the shit. Diego brought it to my attention and it's a mindblowing watch.

Certainly it better be at $100k though hahaha
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
                            • Dec 2010

I've always loved the Big Bang. One of my favorites.
                            "My Roll is to Rock"
                            -Jimmy Page

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                              • Oct 2010

I'm looking to get my first swiss watch at the moment. Currently trying to pick between 3 watches.

PAM 90

PAM 321

Rolex Daytona

Admittedly the prices vary between the watches, but putting price aside, which one would you go for and why?

Comment

• docus
                                • Dec 2010

^^^ Personally I prefer 1 & 2, but I'm not so keen on the Rolex, it looks a bit busy to me, too ostentatious and fussy for my taste.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎