Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

I usually find people obsessed with cars and watches to have taste and lifestyles most incompatible with mine so I guess I see where this is coming from. With that said I do own a couple of swiss watches myself and can't really throw the first stone or anything, it is merely a remark about how I relate to (most) of those who are WIS hobbyists. I also find 95% of swiss watches to be ludicrously ugly...

I'm not ready to attack SZers or anyone else individually though, it is merely a general remark.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• madamx
      • Apr 2011

Hello, i love the fashion but i'm a watch collectors too! Usually i dress a Rolex Milgauss watch ! that is perfect for every style..but in the last months i looking for a Black Pvd watch like a Hublot King Power for example...its see perfect with a dark style of Julius!

Comment

• Bad Poster
        • Mar 2011

The Milgauss is my favorite Rolex because it reminds me of my days studying at Hogwarts

Comment

• Agent L
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Squeek View Post

If you don't appreciate watches and don't want to spend a lot on them. Don't. If you don't want to talk aesthetics, mechanics or show any appreciation for something while also showing ignorance, don't comment.

I mean seriously, that's like going onto this forum and saying spending money on clothes is useless.
          Wish more people had this mentality. Unfortunately, we live amongst idiots and assholes...

Comment

• dasi80
            • Dec 2009

IWC my new watch

Last edited by dasi80; 04-25-2012, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• radio-aktivität
              • Jan 2011

of all these stainless steel swiss watches (let’s face it: they share certain similar style elements, one could even they »hell, they all look the same anyway«), the milgauss is one of my favs. it’s just cute and a bold statement to wear your lightningbolt seconds hand watch with pride.

this is my daily companion:

a Junghans »Max Bill« Automatic watch, with luminated 12, 3, 6 and 9 o clock positions and the alternative dial without figures.
              After it’s first four year, I had it cleaned last winter. Unfortunately, the watchmaker had to replace the glass — where time drew a nice patina of scratches. talking about the glass: i usually am very enthusiastic about re-editions of design objects, as long as they are manufactured to current standards. for instace vitra pantone chairs that can now actually handle the weight of just about anybody, and do not crack (as the originals did back then). vitra just uses contemporary manufacturing processes and modern plastics.
              Junghans instead still uses Plexiglass, where other (similarly priced) watches feature scratch-resisant crystals. can’t polish it, can’t replace it. actually quite a shame, and probably the only downer on this otherwise beautiful piece of engineering.

love it to bits.

Comment

• savant
                • Jul 2011

Hoping to get one of these soon .... someday

Submariner 116660 or 16610
                GMT Master-II
                Last edited by savant; 04-25-2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• eaglewood
                  • Feb 2007

I got one of these last year. Very simple dial, manual wind and no date.

Grand Seiko official site. Made by hand for those who value perfection. Grand Seiko raises the pure essentials of watchmaking to the level of art.

I have replaced the crocodile strap with one made from Horween cordovan. Not quite as dressy but I prefer it anyway.

Comment

• fncyths
                    • Apr 2010

I currently have a Burberry Prorsum dual time watch in studded gunmetal with perforated strap.

I also love the clean design of radio-aktivitä's Max Bill watch. Such a great design. The Chronoscope version is sharp as well!

The Dieter Rams watches for Braun are great as well. Also dig the UniformWares styles. Check them out here:

Uniform wares the London based watch brand with watches for sale worldwide. Contemporary British watches are Swiss-made, British design.
                    Last edited by fncyths; 04-30-2012, 10:57 AM.
                    Originally posted by Shucks
                    it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                    Originally posted by interest1
                    I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by eaglewood View Post

Grand Seiko official site. Made by hand for those who value perfection. Grand Seiko raises the pure essentials of watchmaking to the level of art.

I have replaced the crocodile strap with one made from Horween cordovan. Not quite as dressy but I prefer it anyway.
                      Good decision to part with the crocodile. But the cheesy type on the dial kind of ruins it for me.

Anyway: very nice, overall!

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Does anyone know if there's a stockist for Montre Noire in London? Couturelab used to carry them, but apparently stopped.
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• seb
                          • Feb 2007

currently a 44mm iwc top gun. i really love the feel of the ceramic body.

Comment

• eaglewood
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by radio-aktivität View Post
                            Good decision to part with the crocodile. But the cheesy type on the dial kind of ruins it for me.

Anyway: very nice, overall!
                            The Gothic Type is a bit unusual but when you get a bit acquainted with the history of Japanese watchmaking it starts to make more sense.

The idea behind the watch I think is to have a very simple watch made to a very high standard that is practical for everyday use. The Gothic Print on this watch is taken from the original Grand Seiko made in the early 60's.

Here are a few articles that explain a bit about it:

Watchprosite- The PuristSPro Forum, reports and reviews on wristwatches for collectors, professionals and buyers seeking information on luxury brand watches | indepth reports,reviews,watches,wristwatches
                            Last edited by eaglewood; 04-27-2012, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• teeteet
                              • Dec 2009

SARPANEVA K3 BLACK MOON

Independent watchmaker with a Gothic moon face that goes with the dark side.

These watches are not created for everyone. They are exceptional timepieces intended for exceptional people.

Comment

• Magic1
                                • Jan 2011

Most of the watches in this thread are hideous. Remove a logo and suddenly you have something that looks like it was bought from target. Clunky, bulky, yuck.

In terms of pure aesthetics, Hamilton Ventura (both the original and repro), some Cartier, and most by Max Bill.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎