Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • porthidium
    • Aug 2013

anyone have any experience with buffalo leather?

have a full leather trench that i idiotically kept in a plastic garment bag and it's definitely not as supple as it originally was..
    @porthidium_

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

Ricky O grey leather (silky lamb if it makes a difference) developed white flecks a while back. it seems like it's the finish itself has rubbed off slightly in some spots, anyone had a similar experience or advice on anything that can be done?

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

post a photo.

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

sure, most of affected area is on the lower parts of the sleeves.

Comment

• nicelynice
            • Oct 2009

My new Guidi bag is transferring dye like crazy - from the shoulder straps, the inside of the bag, even the outside. Anything I can do to curb this? I put a white USB cable in the inner pocket and it came out a nice charcoal gray!
            Last edited by nicelynice; 02-25-2014, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• IALAB
              Banned
              • Feb 2014

Not much that can be done, unfortunately. When leather is left "unfinished", or when it is over-dyed, it has a propensity to transfer color. It should lessen over time. Perhaps you can try rubbing a white t-shirt (or any color, but white will show how much is transferring) on the high traffic areas (interior, straps) every once in a while and see if that helps.

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by dji View Post
                sure, most of affected area is on the lower parts of the sleeves.

wow, that looks like really shitty leather finish - as if they used an acrylic-based dye (basically 'paint' instead of dye) or something, which would flake off in that way. that's the kind of finish i'd expect on an H&M leather...

never bought grey leather though, so i don't know if this is standard.

i have no idea how you can fix that, other than to re-dye the whole piece black. which i guess is both risky and a pain in the ass.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I diligently went through the last two pages of the thread, but can anyone tell me how to clean off excessive dirt from my white lamb RO geo? I don't want to wash it, because it fits perfectly, and I don't need it squeaky clean, just to get it a bit less dirtier. TIA.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• wonder
                    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    I diligently went through the last two pages of the thread, but can anyone tell me how to clean off excessive dirt from my white lamb RO geo? I don't want to wash it, because it fits perfectly, and I don't need it squeaky clean, just to get it a bit less dirtier. TIA.
                    I think saddle soap would be your best option. depending on how dirty it is might need a few treatments.

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                      wow, that looks like really shitty leather finish - as if they used an acrylic-based dye (basically 'paint' instead of dye) or something, which would flake off in that way. that's the kind of finish i'd expect on an H&M leather...

never bought grey leather though, so i don't know if this is standard.

i have no idea how you can fix that, other than to re-dye the whole piece black. which i guess is both risky and a pain in the ass.
                      Rick Owens quality yo. I bought it because I loved the colour so a redye is not an option, the discoloration in the finish is on inconsequential areas so I guess I'll just let it run its course.

Comment

• IALAB
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2014

Try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (with a light touch)

Comment

• docus
                          • Dec 2010

Faust - this may sound strange but it works. Try using baby wet wipes. They're very gentle and wont mark or harm the leather at all. Simpler, non-perfumed varieties are best. They contain lanolin, which is excellent at breaking down dirt and it doesn't dry out the leather. Just about the gentlest way to clean leather, but also surprisingly effective.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Thanks, docus! And everyone else.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• IALAB
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by docus View Post
                              Faust - this may sound strange but it works. Try using baby wet wipes. They're very gentle and wont mark or harm the leather at all. Simpler, non-perfumed varieties are best. They contain lanolin, which is excellent at breaking down dirt and it doesn't dry out the leather. Just about the gentlest way to clean leather, but also surprisingly effective.
                              Oh yes. Baby wipes are kind of magical for cleaning just about anything. For example if you have a microfiber couch they will get most stains out rather easily where many other methods fail. Same with removing crayon marks from wood, etc without causing any damage.

Comment

• Baddarn
                                • Oct 2013

Geos

real simple question... How should a take care for Geobaskets? It's my first pair of leather shoes and just relised I have no idea how to take care of them.....

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎