Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

i think most people here who wear them would agree that they look best when they're beaten up, which means you don't take care of them at all. i wipe my pairs occasionally to clean off mud, but i don't do much else. but maybe i'm old skool in liking a slightly destroyed-style rick owens. (some people like their shit box fresh, i guess.)

EXCEPT with the soles - i have learnt my lesson by now and always get a protective sole put on almost immediately after buying a pair, so that the cobbler has a decent chance of glueing the new sole to the original one. the longer you wait, the harder it gets, in my experience. and since the original ones can wear down very fast, it's worth it.

now that i nicely answered your question, welcome to the site and have a look around the forums - you'll see that there are other much more interesting things being discussed here than geobaskets. :)

Comment

• Baddarn
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
      i think most people here who wear them would agree that they look best when they're beaten up, which means you don't take care of them at all. i wipe my pairs occasionally to clean off mud, but i don't do much else. but maybe i'm old skool in liking a slightly destroyed-style rick owens. (some people like their shit box fresh, i guess.)

EXCEPT with the soles - i have learnt my lesson by now and always get a protective sole put on almost immediately after buying a pair, so that the cobbler has a decent chance of glueing the new sole to the original one. the longer you wait, the harder it gets, in my experience. and since the original ones can wear down very fast, it's worth it.

now that i nicely answered your question, welcome to the site and have a look around the forums - you'll see that there are other much more interesting things being discussed here than geobaskets. :)
      Thanks a lot for the answer! And for the welcome! I'll definitely have a proper look around. :)

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
        • Jan 2013

I soaked the collar of my rick owens hammered lamb to see if it'd stiffen and stay up better, but I think I prefer the buttery softness more. Will the leather soften on its own, or should I apply some kind of conditioner? If so, I'd appreciate a recommendation (I looked through the thread, but hammered lamb wasn't mentioned).

Comment

• returningson
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
          I soaked the collar of my rick owens hammered lamb to see if it'd stiffen and stay up better, but I think I prefer the buttery softness more. Will the leather soften on its own, or should I apply some kind of conditioner? If so, I'd appreciate a recommendation (I looked through the thread, but hammered lamb wasn't mentioned).
          I own a hammered lamb RO Stooges from Crust and the leather takes on your shape after good wear. It doesn't really "soften" per se so much as it softens out (the wrinkle-y texture becomes less if that makes any sense.) As with any leather, the more you wear it, the better it will look. I don't recommend any condition as natural wear on RO pieces is what they were designed for. The jacket will take on characteristics of the individual wearing it as time passes.

Comment

• Nations
            • Apr 2011

Got caught in a drizzle a while back while wearing a rick oiled calf jacket and I feel like it doesn't feel as soft anymore, also lost a bit of its "shine."

What's the best way to condition it? I have some lanolin oil on hand, just rub a bit of that all over? Or order something from Saphir?

Comment

• Marko
              • Jul 2009

If no one answers in the next five minutes will you asks again?

Comment

• guardimp
                • Jun 2010

Saphir would be a better option, but you might not want to repeat the same question every five minutes and fill a whole page with one question repeated. It's not like it does anything other than look ridiculous (and maybe get you banned).
                Last edited by guardimp; 03-26-2014, 04:31 PM. Reason: over 32 times, really?

Comment

• returningson
                  • Aug 2012

I didnt catch that. Would you repeat it?

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Nations View Post
                    Got caught in a drizzle a while back while wearing a rick oiled calf jacket and I feel like it doesn't feel as soft anymore, also lost a bit of its "shine."

What's the best way to condition it? I have some lanolin oil on hand, just rub a bit of that all over? Or order something from Saphir?
                    how the fuck did you just make the same post 30 times at 5 minute intervals? didn't you do the same once before? please explain before I delete your account
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Nations
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                      how the fuck did you just make the same post 30 times at 5 minute intervals? didn't you do the same once before? please explain before I delete your account
                      No idea why that happened a second time. Never happened before at any other forum I post at.

Is this an issue with the forum software? I'm running Windows 8, Firefox 27.0.1

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Hmm, I have never seen it happen before, except with another post of yours a month ago. must be a glitch but I have no idea why its happening to just you

When you hit "submit reply", did it go back to the thread and just show your post regularly and the rest appeared on their own?
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Nations
                          • Apr 2011

I made the original post and everything was normal. Then I went away and when I came back a few hours later this happened. I even closed the browser window before I left, no idea why it auto-reposts every 5 minutes.

Edit - see it's happening again, the first post showed up fine. Little circley thing flashed and the quick reply posted, then every 5 minutes it reposts. Is there anything odd showing in the server logs? Gonna log out for now and see if it fixes it.
                          Last edited by Nations; 03-26-2014, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

No one else does it, so it's you, not the forum.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                              • Sep 2008

Please excuse me if this has been answered before, but searching didn't show up anything.

I have this FW09 Mollino Jacket in a matt calf leather (boxed calf?) and I'm not really sure to care for it. It's starting to get a little dry and was wondering how to threat it.

Comment

• okayvin
                                • Sep 2013

Saphir leather lotion does it without making it look too greasy. Lexol works too. Buy both and do spot tests?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎