X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Real Real
    • Feb 2007

Physical Attractiveness and Style

Do you think you are pretty or handsome, and do you dress to enhance the features of yours that you think are particularly striking? Perhaps you know you are attractive, but you dress to take away attention from yourself, in order to not be interpreted in a certain way. Maybe you think you're unattractive, and you dress in an esoteric way to de-emphasize your unattractiveness.

How has your understanding of your own physical attractiveness affected your approach to your personal style?
  • diamonds
    • Dec 2006

i'm the fucking man, i know i'm the fucking man, and i pop my fucking collar to let the bitches know that i'm the fucking man

Comment

• black horizons
      • Jan 2008

good topic....

I dress to accentuate my body, probably like most others on here I would think. I am really thin, and I usually do the fitted thing which gets more attention than it should. Feeling attractive makes it easier for me to make more forward fashion statements, more self-confidence and my penchant for not conforming to whatever it is the masses may be doing leads me to dress in ways that are popular on a forum such as this. But besides all that, to me it is still a creative process, that is what I enjoy the most about fashion and personal style.

I think of myself as being very pretty, but it is all relative, and I have such a specific look that you either get it or you don't. Many don't, but they are un-stylish bastards so it doesn't matter.
      www.black-horizons.com

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

All I know is that my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like "it's better than yours" and I'm like "damn right it's better than yours."
        music

Comment

• Magician
          • Jul 2008

^could you teach me?

..or would you have to charge?
          Last edited by Magician; 12-07-2008, 11:02 AM.
          Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• BeauIXI
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Magician View Post
            ^could you teach me?

..or would you have to charge.
            Check the classifieds forum. I got some of Dat Thang, BNWT, used once around the house.
            Originally posted by philip nod
            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• maldoror
              • Jun 2007

Comment

• noerml
                • May 2008

don't actually see the point of this thread...

however i do happen on quite of few of these specimens that seemingly can't afford a mirrow cuz they had to bid for the latest dump of some random designer on egay.

i don't actually think you need to be pretty in the most general sense to wear szg-approved stuff. You rather need some visible attitude and something remarkable about your face. RO, Ann D etc...don't book the prettiest hookers in town for their show..and do so for a reason.Getting them platin blond hair and ur tits done won'T actually help you along the way.

however i feel that if you indeed have the need to invest a fortune in cloths you shouldn't neglect your body/looks either. Especially with those rather fashion-forward designers the brink between ridicule and dope style gets increasingly narrow. Just feelin gud in ya 10k ccp steez doesn't make the overall outfit good, at least to objective ppl who don't bust a nut on sight cuz iz THE CCP.

i personally resent people that betray their personnas with their cloths. If u r not streetstyle, if u r not Matrix... don't try to pull of the RO..just like if you rn't upperclass, or at least look like u were, don't touch the gucci. (figuratively speaking
                And through their parting lids there came and went
                Keen glimpses of the inner firmament

Comment

• Nikov
                  • Nov 2008

^^ nah man, my dick is bigger than yours.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

This says it all about me.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mass
                      • Sep 2006

ReDaCtEDDdDDddDDDd

Comment

• curiouscharles
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by diamonds View Post
                        i'm the fucking man, i know i'm the fucking man, and i pop my fucking collar to let the bitches know that i'm the fucking man
                        thanks for the new egregious facebook status.

-

Comment

I used to be overweight and I was bullied. People around me really tore down my confidence and selfesteem. I dressed to hide. I wore baggy clothes to hide my moobs and bulges. Then I became skinny. And drape looks so much better on slender frames, so that's what i'm indulging in :)
                          I still have slight issues with the width of my hips, so I try to emphasize the collar and shoulders, and let my tops hang freely from the shoulders down to hide my narrow waist in comparison to my hips. Other than that I feel very free to wear what I want despite people looking at me.

Comment

• gerry
                            • Feb 2008

This thread is slightly provoking.

I don't really make attempts to dress a specific way in terms of how I look apart from making sure I don't look sexed up. (As in, I do try to make sure that clothes suit me mentally, emotionally and I guess I enjoy playing with silhouettes, too)

I think if you don't feel natural in your clothes it shows?

I don't think I've ever had any insecurities about my looks but for some reason I don't enjoy being too sexy for my shirt.

I was once told that I'd be really hot if I wore clothes that were actually flattering and I honestly think that was the best thing anyone's ever said about me.

Comment

• Jon
                              • Apr 2008

I find it's all about finding that right balance between my revolting personality and my devastating good looks.
                              Originally posted by merz
                              perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎