Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tigo
    • May 2009

Or just handwash everything if you're concerned about destroying your stuff. I learned the hard way, shrunk a pair of wool pants (I was stupid and got lazy, threw it into the machine). Lesson learned, even if tag says machine washable, handwash anyways, better safe than sorry. Now the washer is only for pjs, towels, sheets etc stuff that I don't really give a crap about.

Good thing I got out of that was, I made arm warmers/gloves with the shrunken pants heh.

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by rilu
      i tried leaving this one for a day outside, but i'll now leave it forever (i.e. until it loses this smell) :D thansk for the tip, let's see if it works or it becomes a decoration of the balcony :P
      Try putting it in the freezer...I've had some success doing this, but I guess it depends on the smell. If it's a laundry musk, that shit takes forever to go away.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Lane
        • Aug 2010

do people hand wash waxed clothing? I dunno what to do with my julius 09 shirt that is insanely waxed because it would defeat the purpose to wash it and lose the wax, guess my only choice is dry clean?

maybe dryel at home? cuz I dont like going to the dry cleaners.

Comment

• ACM
          • Jan 2011

^I washed a waxed garment with a super delicate wash (a Laundress product) and still the piece turned significantly less waxed than before. I think that any form of moisture and agitation really is not good for the wax...

I would just wash it rather than taking it to the dry cleaners. It's all part of having a waxed piece...It'll still look great with faded wax I'm sure

Comment

• Faye
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Faye View Post
            what's this drycleaning at home stuff called dryel?
            I think it's only available in US and Canada.
            Does anyone use it here?
            I never bring my stuff to the drycleaner cuz I don't trust them. Is dryel an option maybe?
            bumping my post, since no one replied and I think that it may also be interesting to know for other people who are looking for a professional drycleaning alternative.
            this is the product I'm talking about:

Comment

• Patroklus
              Banned
              • Feb 2011

i self-waxed a pair of jeans and cleaned it by flipping inside out and handwashing with soapy rags

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faye View Post
                bumping my post, since no one replied and I think that it may also be interesting to know for other people who are looking for a professional drycleaning alternative.
                this is the product I'm talking about:
                http://dryel.com/dryel-products/
                I tried and didn't really find it did anything other than add perfume. I have no idea what is entailed in professional drycleaning, but I hope it's more than this.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Prototypes
                  • Oct 2008

not sure if its the right thread but i recently send in a pair of the corduroy rick aircuts to dry clean and when i got it back, it was ridiculuous. white "tree grains fades all over it" and major pilling. it's a disappointed considering this is my first pair of aircuts that actually fit me great (all my other pairs diesnt fit this well) and its also my first time washing it

Is there any way i can dye it or apply something to get rid of those grains?

Comment

• beardown
                    rekoner
                    • Feb 2009

Are they grosgrain or corduroy? A lot of people confuse those two but the difference is in the weave and texture. I don't think they look too bad with that kind of wear but if you're wanting rid of it, simply dye them black with a really good dye, using a proper heat based method.

I don't believe you would want to dye corduroy at home but grosgrain shouldn't be a problem to dye. My grosgrain pants are all 100% cotton so choose the right dye for natural fibers.

The effect you got from the dry cleaner may have been from a partial waxing treatment. Hard to tell.
                    Originally posted by mizzar
                    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Prototypes
                      • Oct 2008

Thanks beardown,

they're way softer than my grosgrain stuff. the texture's also different. im considering a dye job but i wont wanna lose the initial whiter areas (hems and edges) in the process.

Comment

• beardown
                        rekoner
                        • Feb 2009

I guess the question is what would bother you more: the dry cleaning distress or losing the white/distressed areas by the designer. I don't think there's any solution to solve both, unfortunately.

My grosgrain pants and jacket have a waxed layer so again, I think that's the culprit but who knows. If it exists on the cords, even the dyeing process would be hindered by it.
                        Originally posted by mizzar
                        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Umami
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Prototypes View Post
                          not sure if its the right thread but i recently send in a pair of the corduroy rick aircuts to dry clean and when i got it back, it was ridiculuous. white "tree grains fades all over it" and major pilling. it's a disappointed considering this is my first pair of aircuts that actually fit me great (all my other pairs diesnt fit this well) and its also my first time washing it

Is there any way i can dye it or apply something to get rid of those grains?

a pack of dylon will dye the jeans into full black shade.

Comment

• messenoire
                            • Nov 2009

i know you're disappointed but what do they look like when worn? i kind of like the texture but it's probably just a kind of novelty type thing.

Comment

• Prototypes
                              • Oct 2008

As much as it seems like a cool effect, it reminds me of those old rugged black overdyed levis.

this is the original colour, only when brushed across, the corduroys reveals a white inner

Comment

• Patroklus
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2011

Blood. How?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎