X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by kira View Post
    I am always up for shopping. I seem to be the same height, slightly taller, with longer legs myself...If you gave me 2K, I think that I could help find Kunkette a nice beginning to a wardrobe...Fortunately for my bank account I have become quite the thrifty shopper as of late.
    miracle work is kira's middle name
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• kira
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
      miracle work is kira's middle name

edited too many times...
      Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

thanks kira. allthough phillip's propsal is tough to turn down, it is indecent. i'll take you up on it and even buy you a little something for your troubles.

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

and i miss out on a little something for my troubles
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

goes without saying. getting you the sheer sleeve ro blazer that's been at c21 for 3 years. it's been sitting there just waiting for someone with the swagger to kop.

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
              and i miss out on a little something for my troubles

Comment

• snafu
                • Apr 2008

he he kira you should be a reek sales rep cause your so unbiased :P

Originally posted by kira View Post
                just for argument sake, you can definitely find very simple, elegant pieces of my RO for not a huge amount of money...

Comment

• J_J
                  • Apr 2008

i wish I was in NY to do some shopping for the kunkette. shopping for other people is nearly as fun as shopping for oneself

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

see, i disagree which is why i'm reaching out. can only shop for me.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Me too. Hate that.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                        thanks all, and especially laika for taking the time to cook up the detailed reply. think i will use your post as my guide. for someone as into (questionable?) fashion as me, i get a score of suck on trying to buy anything but bags and jewelry for the wife. her proportions make it tough too. she is slim and 5'4 but has really long legs so surprising her is tough because things are invariably too long up top and too short on the bottom. if i thought i could hand her 2k and she'd come home with great stuff, i would but she won't — she'll buy housewares and stuff for the kids. her selflessness will be her downfall.
                        my pleasure. For that body type, i would look for stuff that is not necessarily defined at the waist. Empire and babydoll styles (defined under the bust) are good when you are long-legged, but short waisted. Anyway, sounds like kira will be very helpful...she is the miracle machine.
                        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mesh View Post
                          This is a great thread actually thanks kunk, perhaps we can use it going forward in figuring out what to get loved ones.

Laika, I'm interested in your thoughts on getting a woman started in smartly designed pieces for someone transitioning from mainstream mall type clothing. Obviously she is not conditioned to sticker shock but I would love to add some depth to her style but I don't want to force it down my lady's throat. She doesn't really "get it" yet and I must graciously nudge her in the right direction so she can make her own choices and figure out what she likes.
                          mesh, what--stylistically-- does she wear now? what do you buy for her? and is she deeply into anything that might lead her to develop a deeper interest in fashion?
                          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

/\ Good questions. I find that it is easier to introduce to fashion somebody who is generally aesthetically inclined (and also has a more or less healthy self-esteem, believe it or not).
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              /\ Good questions. I find that it is easier to introduce to fashion somebody who is generally aesthetically inclined (and also has a more or less healthy self-esteem, believe it or not).
                              actually, you are probably good on this subject, since haven't you gone through this with Mrs. Faust a bit? Or is it more just the sticker shock with her?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Yes, this was my experience. Sticker shock is definitely a problem. This is why she adores a certain basement in a certain part of town.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎