X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

^i have watched it, but i also have a fairly large volume of dealings with them and the way they work on a corporate and operational level. i don't believe everything in michael moore films either. lets agree to disagree, kind of like the definition of san diego

Comment

• sam_tem
      • Apr 2007

think i might try and watch that walmart thing during lunch break, i've never seen it. a lot of people bemoan what's happened to small towns after walmart moved in a long time ago, but the reality is that globalization was going to change life as we know it regardless of whether walmart showed up or not. if walmart hadn't done it, then the internet would have destroyed mom and pop shops in the exact same fashion. walmart just employed the most competitive tactics first and showed what the future was going to look like. i like to think of them as a shining example of the free-market capitalism that americans worship upon, yet of course nobody wants them in their town, go figure.

a lot gets mentioned about their treatment of employees, but i have a very hard time believing walmart employs tactics that any other large company hasn't done either. every retail company has tried aggressively to squeeze their workers down to part-time in order to eliminate benefits and reduce pay for a long time now. i'm sure they've done some really crappy things, but walmart operates on a scale like no other so extreme circumstances are bound to rise up.

this list may not be entirely accurate, but the scale of it is. they literally drawf every other american company, including the USPS: http://nyjobsource.com/largestemployers.html

besides, any company that can make the spoiled rich NIMBY's cry like little babies to the city gets a thumbs up in my book.

Comment

• MikeN
        • Nov 2007

Part 2 of that video is blocked by Sony because of music issues? Anyone have an alternate link?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

You can stream it if you have Netflix.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sam_tem
            • Apr 2007

there was also multiple versions of it up on youtube so just look on the right side and you'll find another part 2 that does work.

i moved my ranting to the randomness so as not to derail business as usual here.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
              • Oct 2010

A quick interjection:

First, Frontline is one of my favorite shows. A recent episode on for-profit universities made my skin craw. A must see.

But, this piece that Frontline produced in 2004 has haunted me ever since:

Now back to discussion about favorite fabrics and object-dyeing.

MBD
              "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
              It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
              My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                • Jan 2010

Blistered Stooges

Julius Sleeveless Coat

I echo the sentiments from the people - The Stooges is one heck of a jacket. The compartments come in handy, very functional. Beautiful. I don't think he's done it in this leather before(?)

Wearing the hell out of the Julius coat too.
                MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• math-thomsen
                  • Jul 2010

My first post.
                  Fantastic Julius coat Farkhanyassin!!
                  I've just bought a Wrap Coat from Doshaburi in Barcelona from the new brand Don't Shoot the messenger. It is very warm and draped. I am so delighted.

Comment

• KingNC
                    • Nov 2010

@Fark really like the blistered stooges.

for me personally, I love the look of the blistered leather effect the most

Comment

• Enaml
                      • Apr 2009

Linea jacket from Klang came to the place I'm staying in the bay area without trouble. Incredible piece.
                      Last edited by Enaml; 12-29-2010, 09:45 PM. Reason: image resized
                      How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                        • Jan 2010

I got my Demeulemeester Pony flat boots in the mail today. They are perfect! I'm so excited! I also received in the mail, an Xmas presen from a good friend of mine: a raspberry sorbet colored (I can't describe the color any better) "Lucian" t-shirt with center seams.

Good day!
                        THE HOUSE OF DIS
                        embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• smash
                          • Jan 2010

My first pair of Guidi, custome order from INK. Wait almost 3 months for arrival. I'm a 43, this pair is 45 but still fit small.

Julius wax denim from Julius Boutique HK

Songzio

My last pieces of Obscur from this season

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

the length on the guidis will eventually stretch out, but they are made too narrow even for normal width such as myself..

Comment

• smash
                              • Jan 2010

Its not the problem of narrow or not to me. The length is not enough

Still hv the 2nd pair of custom orde awaitingr, hope INK can be amend the size to 46 on time for me.

Comment

• nictan
                                • Jul 2009

smash: how are the markups at HK Julius, if any?

and im sorry those guidi's didnt fit, mine's not arrived yet, but i hope i'll have a different story to tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎