• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MetroBulotDodo
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by bestial View Post
    \]

I have childs feet and if I don't use the insoles they feel too big (and to get a sz 5 is almost impossible haha).
    Oh yeah? Let's talk Bestial. Looks like I've got a shoe trading partner lined up...(I hope) :).

MBD
    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• jumpoff
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
      -SNS Herning RIGID sweater in navy (check out the collar and texture):
      Love this. SNS is really quality stuff. Living in a colder climate you learn to appreciate functional and durable quality knits, and when the design is as good as it is with SNS it's nearly unbeatable.

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
        Oh yeah? Let's talk Bestial. Looks like I've got a shoe trading partner lined up...(I hope) :).

MBD
        I've had you in mind for quite some time, partner! :)

Comment

• swami
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          its indeed a mystery.. I don't know if there is some twisted logic to it, but personally I never use the insoles anyway, they make the shoe too tight.
          when they are new yes but As the months go by and the creases and upward curl of the boots/shoes start to straighten out with regular wear doesnt it feel like they fit almost a half size larger than when you started out?

The insole makes it just perfect at this point, Forward thinking on Carol's part

Comment

• christianef
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wire.artist
            Fuuma explained it well already. I meant more like a piece of industrial design, it's one of those designs that are so good that people forget that they were once designed. Like lollypops!

The construction is much worse now, but its simplicity is refreshing from my designer/architect point of view.

I understand that they are now linked to several subcultures, trends, etc...but their quality to integrate in almost any wardrobe it's outstanding. I don't wear them myself much, I prefer chunky shoes. So I got a pair cdgh+ creeper chucks ie double soled.

chucks, levi's, a buttondown, oxfords...they are all now equivalent to me.
            well said! On the contrary I never liked the sole on the classic chuck because i though it was too chunky for a women but i bought the new version they released (re-released?) for women with a way slimmer smooth rubber sole (no lines or tread around the toe) all white canvas (with the circle logo only on the inside and smaller and all white) and a white leather toe cap. even more more simple and wearable than the original i think. cant find a picture online but they look really good too.

Comment

• thehouseofdis
              • Jan 2010

Like this?

white all star light

black all star light
              THE HOUSE OF DIS
              embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• fromher2eternity
                • Jul 2010

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                And CJ, congrats on the derbies! Are the insoles sent on the side, or is that an extra set of outsoles? Did not get that with my Hockeyes. Sob.

MBD

Only 2009 CCP footwear come with insoles. Its because they are using a different thicker (and softer) leather that can stretch out almost up to a full size.

Comment

• rudo
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by swami View Post
                  when they are new yes but As the months go by and the creases and upward curl of the boots/shoes start to straighten out with regular wear doesnt it feel like they fit almost a half size larger than when you started out?

The insole makes it just perfect at this point, Forward thinking on Carol's part
                  insole that moves around with I try to put my foot in? no thanks.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by swami View Post

they might've stretched a bit, but I have fairly wide feet so the original insoles still make them a bit too snug. I just put in a really thin one and that has worked fine so far.

but yea its of course a good idea to provide it in case of stretching, though this still doesn't explain why they are usually a size too small
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kunk75
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

the insole on my 09s turn a virtual size us13 into an 11.5. i just leave them in the bag

Comment

• resonaut
                        • Nov 2010

I don't think I got any with mine. Those already inside aren't loose enough to be taken out.

Comment

• Chant
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2008

It's because you guys don't buy your CCP items properly. I always buy a pair in my size and a second pair one size bigger to get insoles that will fit in my pair.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                            • Nov 2008

I don't think it's so much a size issue with my insoles, they're just really sharp at the edges. Sucky, but doesn't matter- I use orthotics anyway... Have to split the difference between comfort and pain sometimes.
                            Originally posted by philip nod
                            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• christianef
                              • Feb 2009

[QUOTE=thehouseofdis;285711][FONT="Century Gothic"]Like this?

QUOTE]

ouii, but the high-top version which i like better

Comment

• gohn
                                • Mar 2009

Have to pick up a new pair to replace my R.O sneakers (I am so frustrated by R.O's sole........)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎