Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrburgess
    • Dec 2010

Someone had to get these. I noticed these were ridiculed/discussed on several occasions. As expected these socks are the pinnacle of comfort and luxury, at least as far as gym socks go. They are very much in line with Rick Owens' aesthetic in their odd peanut-shaped foot and somewhat clumsy lettering.

These were to accompany my other acquisition:

Comment

• morsto
      • Nov 2008

Not to neglect the stupidity of your purchase, but you've already been 1 upped son, someone named "drkshdw" (I love people who register with a brand name as their handle btw) bought 5 pairs at retail and got laughed off the forum, it was good times.
      I do not recognise the vessel,
      but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• mrburgess
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by morsto View Post
        Not to neglect the stupidity of your purchase, but you've already been 1 upped son, someone named "drkshdw" (I love people who register with a brand name as their handle btw) bought 5 pairs at retail and got laughed off the forum, it was good times.
        I am impressed and hope that you are not suggesting a similar fate for myself. I completely acknowledge the frivolity and meant to suggest that there is something of interest in the excessive nature of the product.

Comment

• excessive nature of the price... the product is just socks....

Comment

• thehouseofdis
            • Jan 2010

After looking for them in my size forever, I finally found a pair Ann's wool/cotton/linen fitted short pants in black ( this fabric). I also got a couple colored cotton tanks for a steal.
            THE HOUSE OF DIS
            embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• mrburgess
              • Dec 2010

Virtually everything offered by Rick Owens is an example of excess. Often these objects and garments are created from fine and/or delicate materials, though they rarely fulfill purposes conducive to this nature. Socks strike me as a token example.

Comment

• lost53
                • Dec 2010

"As expected these socks are the pinnacle of comfort and luxury".... and Mr B even took the trouble to make us a picture

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

I wouldn't buy them, but I suppose they can serve as some sort of novelty item. However when you buy 10 pairs, you're no longer buying one for the sake of it being a "fun" item, hence why that one guy wasn't received so well.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mrburgess
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    I wouldn't buy them, but I suppose they can serve as some sort of novelty item. However when you buy 10 pairs, you're no longer buying one for the sake of it being a "fun" item, hence why that one guy wasn't received so well.
                    Thank you. That is the spirit in which this was done. I am fond of this forum and hope to have a positive presence in it.

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

How much are we talking?

We all have our excessive desires....maybe the other guy got 5 pairs to make each work-day special!
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• moderninc2010
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by smash View Post
                        Guidi and CL

do not repost pictures on the same page
                        These guidi Boots are exactly what I am looking for! where did u buy them from? I need a pair asap!

Comment

• Raw
                          • Oct 2009

My guess is maybe Zekka

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                            How much are we talking?

We all have our excessive desires....maybe the other guy got 5 pairs to make each work-day special!
                            Awesome. Waiting for the RO "Monday-Friday" socks (and undies, why not?).
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• OkbutNo
                              • Dec 2010

Hahaha, I got my girlfriend a pair of those socks for valentine's day, just because they are so hilariously over the top. I guess I never looked too closely at them online because I was surprised when only one of them said Gleam, and was just like, really? I think they're pretty fun and much softer than I'd anticipated.

Comment

• smash
                                • Jan 2010

mrmrhing ; moderninc2010, I order from INK. Since INK do not stock this tall version and I need a size 45, wait for almost 3 months.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎