• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

[quote user="deuxmille"]Yeah, AA works (there's no Uniqlo here and wont bother using a proxy for cheap stuff like that) but they're kinda boring and don't last very long. I like LUC tees (I wear mine so much these days) but they're expensive and only come in white and weird colors like orange.[/quote]

Understandable that you don't want to proxy out some Uniqlo but maybe a kind soul near a Uniqlo will help you out. If/when I'm in NYC next (probably mid/end of July) I'd be happy to pick up a few packs of whatever size tees you're looking for and post em to you at cost (plus shipping/paypal fee). Considering the tees are like $5, they're practically giving those bad boys away!

[/quote]

I pass by Uniqlo everyday going home from work , Faust is doing a proxy service , i think we should make use of this.

T-shirts are such an important staple in the Moden wardrobe that i think its worth it to buy them where we are getting the look/fit we want, I am willing to get it for anyone who needs them......... On condition that Faust dont want to be bothered with small stuff like that........... i am willing to do it because someday i might need to call in a favor ad i would like a kind soul to be there for me when i need them.

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

[quote user="deuxmille"]Yeah, AA works (there's no Uniqlo here and wont bother using a proxy for cheap stuff like that) but they're kinda boring and don't last very long. I like LUC tees (I wear mine so much these days) but they're expensive and only come in white and weird colors like orange.[/quote]

Understandable that you don't want to proxy out some Uniqlo but maybe a kind soul near a Uniqlo will help you out. If/when I'm in NYC next (probably mid/end of July) I'd be happy to pick up a few packs of whatever size tees you're looking for and post em to you at cost (plus shipping/paypal fee). Considering the tees are like $5, they're practically giving those bad boys away!

[/quote]

I pass by Uniqlo everyday going home from work , Faust is doing a proxy service , i think we should make use of this.

T-shirts are such an important staple in the Moden wardrobe that i think its worth it to buy them where we are getting the look/fit we want, I am willing to get it for anyone who needs them......... On condition that Faust dont want to be bothered with small stuff like that........... i am willing to do it because someday i might need to call in a favor ad i would like a kind soul to be there for me when i need them.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

^Agreed.

I'm happy to help Deuxmille out as he helped me out with some Japan purchases back when he was there. Unfortunately there isn't a German Uniqlo or a Paris one so I can't help you out just yet....

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• deuxmille
          • Nov 2006

Haha, thanks for the offers guys! fortunately for you, I've never tried on Uniqlo tees, even while I was in Japan, so I wont go with them for now. :D

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]

Mike, the collar on the Cloak tee is really cool, how's the fit?

I'm in terrible, terribleneed of tees and shirts, but can't seem to find anything that fits the way I like :(

[/quote]

Velvetmen!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

I will be making one of these belts this evening in tan (i dont have black leather right now)

I will post a pic when i do...........

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]

Mike, the collar on the Cloak tee is really cool, how's the fit?

I'm in terrible, terribleneed of tees and shirts, but can't seem to find anything that fits the way I like :(

[/quote]

the collar is sort of twisted all the way around, but fits quite normally.

the tee is a bit bigger then I expected, will probably wash it and see if it shrinks at all.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

Love the jacket Cem.

Nice haul mike b, the raf stuff looks nice and clean, i'm sure it fits great. I like those cloak shirts too, they're running big like a lot of the collection.

ddohnggo, i'm jealous of the belt.

Chris, your Ann D. haul makes my mouth water, makes me wish I could've gotten more this season.

music

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

tonight all from barneys:

linda lee johnson engagement ring (not the same exact ring, but similar design)

my gf and i had seen a lot of engagement rings, some a lot more expensive than this one, but she really fell in love with this ring. the actual ring has a lot more of a hammered/weathered look to it as well. i won't be proposing immediately, but it was a good time to buy it before anyone else would snag it.

also got her a pair of prada flats, and a martin grant for barneys designed dress since there was a 10% off for the day deal with opening a barneys card.

[/quote]

What a lovely bunch of presents! [U] Your girlfriend has great taste--the ring is beautiful.

Any chance for pictures or further description of the Martin Grant dress? His tailoring is masterful. [51]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Yay, Laika! I thought of you when I saw the CDG top at Century, but I figured a) you know about it, or b) you don't want to know about it because it's pretty expensive, but not too much :-) (and those are the worst as we know).

Congrats on the CDG to Buckwheat, too. Was that one on Ebay from a guy in Bklyn? I was contemplating it, but I know I'm just not a blazer guy (I sold my brown Ann Dem one that I bought at IF :-( ).

[/quote]

LOL, Faust, you are a sweetheart. [U] It was exactly that--a bit $$$, but not too much. I justified it with my deep love of all things tartan and its surprising versatility. [:)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I hope for pictures, laika.

I need to photograph my recent haul, because it's worth photographing.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

[quote user="laika"]

What a lovely bunch of presents! [U] Your girlfriend has great taste--the ring is beautiful.

Any chance for pictures or further description of the Martin Grant dress? His tailoring is masterful. [51]

[/quote]

thanks laika! i think she has great taste as well.

here's a picture of the dress

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

bought this shirt from AB (I think it's the same one)

btw, did someone here buy this rick owens leather? i've been wanting it for so long and found it gone! :( it's my fault because i kept on telling myself to wait for the next mark down...

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

/\ What size are you? Still can get it for $950 in XL only.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

i think i would need a large. i might be able to do an xl, but i'll check to see if my barneys has it in a xl so i can try it on. thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎