Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

That PH "logo" has been put on a series of canvas tote bags that show up on yahoo quite a bit as well. Never seen it on the interior of a bag like this one. Would be interested in seeing the bag in more photos if possible!
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Blackman
      • Feb 2011

yea, that is a truely terrible photo

Comment

• humancrack
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by BSR View Post
        strange, i tried on this jacket exactly and it was anything but slim. the sleeves were very awkwardly cut. i looked like a mix between an ewok and gilles deleuze wearing this. was disappointed because the fabric is very nice and i wanted something cozy to compensate poell's cruelty and harnden's misery
        hey b,
        not the best pics, but here are a few quick snaps i just did

wearing a size small. the arms,shoulders,pit were very tight to begin with, but it has given in a little and is quite comfortable now. i'm 100 percent sure i could not fit in an xs.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Looks sweet. Thumbs up.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
            • Apr 2008

Ray great boots, the knit looks great also.

Glad i have my own pair; ticked of my list need clogs in a 39/40 and back-laces too.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Some recent purchases:

Microproduction and vintage fabrics from Japan, India and China:

Deconstructed from a turn of the century kimono. Indigo dyed medium weight cotton which is then unwoven and the rewoven by a master weaver to create these patterns. The original dye process results in some parts of the threads from being dyed since they are originally woven. The weaver then undoes the original weave so you have a thread that in some parts is the original white, and others the pure black. They are then able to reweave the fibers in such a way as to generate a new pattern. Incredibly laborious but with a beautiful result. Technique is called kasuri and the technique of protecting parts of the thread from the first dye process is called ikat.

woven hemp "selvedge" from vintage obi. The two ends of a bolt of obi do not have designs or patterns and often contain the base weave of the obi. This one is a beautiful deep blue/green/white. The two bolt ends are very short but have a distinct texture to them with the slubs and irregularities of minimally processed hemp. Dry handfeel and has some inherent structure.

Handspun and then handloomed raw silk fabrics. Complete with slubs and a beautiful depth of texture. The fabric is completely made by hand from the thread upwards and the fabric is then hand dyed. One is black and the other is a super dark gray.

Handwoven thick blend of wool and hemp. Dense but with a surface texture that is soft but with just a hint of coarseness.

Not sure what I will do with these as of yet... the silk may be the lining for a personal leather jacket. Sometimes fabrics just captivate me and I just want to have them :)

Also received another 100 year old boro futon cover. Tons of sashiko stitchwork and in some parts 5-7 layers thick of different weaves, tones and textures of indigo dyed fabric.
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                t. Sometimes fabrics just captivate me and I just want to have them :)
                Yes Sir, i hear you..............I could go broke just buying fabrics.........
                happy we have the factory now so i can always make things with my endless inventory
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• magic
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  thanks, magic! isn't the guidi photo essay amazing?!
                  i think they are the best part
                  Focusing on object details

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by magic View Post
                    i think they are the best part
                    ive never really wanted backzips but now i sure do...

Comment

• pseudonym
                      • Jun 2009

A, I hope you get sick of both of these, cause I'll keep buying from you!

Comment

• MikeN
                        • Nov 2007

that coat is amazing

Comment

• chameleon
                          • Jun 2008

Glad to see you got the monkey boots as well, they are fantastic.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by rilu
                            Amazing, wire.artist! Both things! The boots are the same as Mail-Moth's one from the last waywt post, aren't they?
                            No, mine are Y's and are not monkey boots. Construction of those also look much sturdier.
                            That's an impressive coat, A. ! Can we hope a WAYWT pic soon ?
                            I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                            I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• MoFiya
                              • Sep 2007

Pic courtesy HLorenzo.
                              More pictures here.

Got this beauty today and I am - once again - stoked. The details are super subtle, yet amazing. The knitting technique is different on the grey and on the red side. And, other than the other double layer LS of LUC I own, the two layers are "connected". Like styled on HLorenzo blog, one can unfold the hems of the sweater to show the other side of the knit. Also, the piece is a lot more substantial than the merino wool knit I own. Alas, I don't have any more details of the fabric, besides it being wool. It is super soft though and I am curious to see how warm it keep me during the colder months. However, not itchy in any way and very comfortable to wear.
                              A shame I don't know anything about the screen printing technique, will do some research in the Luc thread later regarding that.
                              I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                                • Oct 2009

P that is an amazing kop, congrats.
                                The price tag though is kinda scary, no?
                                Would love to see it on you in the WAYWT someday!
                                "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎