• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dropt
    • May 2009

Originally posted by BECOMING-INTENSE View Post

MacBook Pro 13". My Powerbook G4 can now finally get some rest,
    after been worked hard for now 8 years ...

This is like the worst time to get a new macbook pro... you should have waited for the new ones.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

/\ gee, thanks for shitting on the guy's purchase AFTER he made it.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BeauIXI
        • Nov 2008

Furthermore, the performance gap between the PowerBook G4 and anything released in the past four years makes a single generation totally negligible, no? No offense to your trusty old Mac, B-I.
        Originally posted by philip nod
        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Dropt View Post
          This is like the worst time to get a new macbook pro... you should have waited for the new ones.
          according to these nerds, it's a "neutral" time to buy one...maybe you're thinking that this week's announcement will be new computers, but it will only be new ipad/tv etc. (?)

This page provides a product summary for each Apple model. The intent is to provide our best recommendations regarding current product cycles, and to provide a summary of currently available rumors for each model. This page is based on rumors and speculation and we provide no guarantee to its accuracy.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

I think when it comes to these things its kinda pointless
            I bought one a couple of month ago and would have waited because new ones are coming out............its a computer, its not like a car where the value depreciates significantly when the newer model arrives
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• BeauIXI
              • Nov 2008

Especially considering how the specs on MacBooks have bee. Fairly constant for a few years... 2.4ghz has been standard for so long.
              Originally posted by philip nod
              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

...and they come out so often, you'll only end up disappointed if you wait...the next one comes out in no time inevitably.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                  • Oct 2011

Coming from a G4 *anything* is an upgrade. An iPhone 1 would probably be neck and neck with one of those on performance benchmarks.

On the topic of time to buy, the thing to wait for at the moment is Ivy Bridge. Intel operates on a "tick/tock" model of processor releases, tied to die shrinks and new architectures. The best time to upgrade is directly after a "tock", the last of which was in January 2011. Haswell isn't expected until Q2 of 2013, but Ivy Bridge, the next "tick", should be here in the next couple of months and bring better battery life alongside a moderate performance bump.

Regardless, if BECOMING-INTENSE could stand a G4 for eight years, he'll be absolutely delighted with an i5 (or a C2D, or an Atom even) and there's no reason to poo-poo his purchase.

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

^ good advice...I've been waiting on Ivy for quite a while now.

Comment

• kunk75
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

Its an air or nothing

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                        Its an air or nothing
                        when I bought mine I was choosing between the air and the pro..........Air doesn't burn DVD's/ CD's and that was the deciding factor for me........
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                          ^ good advice...I've been waiting on Ivy for quite a while now.
                          I'm clueless about clothing relative to virtually everyone here, when there's finally something I can talk about without rushing to the search button I just have to pipe up

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Urthwhyte View Post
                            I'm clueless about clothing relative to virtually everyone here, when there's finally something I can talk about without rushing to the search button I just have to pipe up
                            As am I, but I like to hear my own voice.

Comment

• lost53
                              • Dec 2010

[IMG][/IMG]
                              [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

BSR.. I know what you mean.

But you do have "one" bag too many!!

Comment

• Dropt
                                • May 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                                according to these nerds, it's a "neutral" time to buy one...maybe you're thinking that this week's announcement will be new computers, but it will only be new ipad/tv etc. (?)

No, the Ivy will bring much better performances, and there is to be some significant changes on the macbook design, getting closer to the Air's according to rumors. That's to be worth waiting imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎