• jumpoff
    • Jan 2008

About 5 years late.

Comment

• rider
      eyes of the world
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post
      i have been too, without even knowing it, as i picked these jil sander boots up a few months ago. i think they'll be perfect with one of the many dresses i want from the new collection.
      great find, nice boots! thats the beauty of those boots, they metamorphosize a womens wardrobe.

jumpoff, never too late for a smashing p-coat such as that.

rilu, at least the nights are still cool enough to wear it, you dont see enough of his knits around, the marled yarn is lovely.

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
        Another one!
        I admire your persistence! But I must say I find this neckline to be one of the less exquisite specimens.
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

I really shouldn't have, but it was so cheap. Plus sometimes I like looking like a guy who works at a bank.
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

guys wear puffer coats in the bank now?
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• michael_kard
              • Oct 2010

Yes, if you head towards the south of the continent...

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

where I live bankers wear suits to work.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

So its 12:59 and I am home after picking up my newly acquired Carpe Diem 7 holes from the seller at exactly 12:10 am. Incidentally the seller only lives about 10 minutes from my studio, so it was a really easy drive over......

seller was a nice young lass, who refused to refund my shipping costs after she found out what they were......seeing to the fact I was getting such a ridiculous deal, I didn't bother to make a big deal of it........

now, after being sure I was getting them, I was really curious to know, how under heaven were these betrayed into the hands of sinners who had no idea what they were.........after all, they were indeed listed as "John Varvatos? Kiltie steel toed boots"

while she was happy to be fetching such a sum, for a boot she actually got for next to nothing, she was a little disappointed after she found out what they really were.....

So I asked her how she acquired them because I wanted to know if more of these were in the hands of unsuspecting mortal (wo)men.....So she told me she got them from a friend, who was dating "A billionaire, he forgot them at her house"..........So I'd like to say, a big thank you Mr. Billionaire, for forgetting these at your chicks house

They are the most comfortable pair of Carpes Ive ever tried on!

Pics in the morning...
                  Last edited by zamb; 03-13-2012, 12:21 AM.
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• SlightRight
                    • Mar 2011

Seriously!!! I just laughed out loud!
                    Congrats!

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                    So its 12:59 and I am home after picking up my newly acquired Carpe Diem 7 holes from the seller at exactly 12:10 am. Incidentally the seller only lives about 10 minutes from my studio, so it was a really easy drive over......

seller was a nice young lass, who refused to refund my shipping costs after she found out what they were......seeing to the fact I was getting such a ridiculous deal, I didn't bother to make a big deal of it........

now, after being sure I was getting them, I was really curious to know, how under heaven were these betrayed into the hands of sinners who had no idea what they were.........after all, they were indeed listed as "John Varvatos? Kiltie steel toed boots"

while she was happy to be fetching such a sum, for a boot she actually got for next to nothing, she was a little disappointed after she found out what they really were.....

So I asked her how she acquired them because I wanted to know if more of these were in the hands of unsuspecting mortal (wo)men.....So she told me she got them from a friend, who was dating "A billionaire, he forgot them at her house"..........So I'd like to say, a big thank you Mr. Billionaire, for forgetting these at your chicks house

They are the most comfortable pair of Carpes Ive ever tried on!

Pics in the morning...

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

Nice! I wear mine more than any other jacket.

Cool story Zamb!!! At first I thought you were doing a spoof on the kunk debacle tho.

Originally posted by jumpoff View Post

About 5 years late.
                      music

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

That's hilarious, Zam! But why were searching for John Varvatos on Ebay? ;-)
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          That's hilarious, Zam! But why were searching for John Varvatos on Ebay? ;-)
                          Sir?
                          knowest thou not that a pious man such as I would not commit such an unpardonable sin?

It was a stroke of divine providence, that brought this gift to me.........

it was in seeing this post, and investigating with less than a minute left, that I instantly knew what they were. With nine seconds to go, and the bidding about $420, I began to shoot away without reservation, knowing that the small details can be figured out later............I wasn't sure I had won, and wouldn't have felt bad, cause I didn't have much hope, nor did I have the money at the time, but when the smoke cleared, it said "you are the winner"

So with a total wining bid of $490 +$15 "shipping cost"........for $505 here are my John Varvatos// Carpe Diems on my feet today.

Somehow we need more billionaires like these in the world!

Comment

• TheThief
                            • Mar 2011

You have to admit, it would have been a hysterical (if not somewhat depressing) turn of events if they turned out to be old Varvatos Carpe-knock offs.

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by TheThief View Post
                              You have to admit, it would have been a hysterical (if not somewhat depressing) turn of events if they turned out to be old Varvatos Carpe-knock offs.

well yes, but there are certain features specific to Carpe Diem boots, that if you are familiar with, you instantly know what the are.......

the soles are made a certain way, the tongue is made a certain way, the circular laces were in tact and the lighter color insole, is a feature of all Carpes I have owned or seen, so when I saw them I knew right away what they were.....
                              these are in about 9-9.5/10 condition!

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Amazing. Of course if the sin dick did not post them here they'd be sold for $41...

Congrats!
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎