X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Laguiole seems to have two separate lines - one good quality, and price-accordingly...and another gift-shop/tjmaxx shit for $5. The good stuff has exotic wood handles, etc., the cheap stuff is...cheap.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• KM80
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Haven't thought of that. In America, we are not allowed to drink alcohol while picnicking! God forbid we offend our Puritan sensibilities. Think about the children!!!!

It's a hit/miss since they are branding the shit out of it. I just saw this one in a shop window and liked it.
      Haha, same for Canada, but some rules are meant to be broken! When I visited New York last summer everyone was warning me that they go after you pretty hard for drinking in public these days, but I had no problem, the trick is to put it in a coffee cup and not to leave the bottle sitting around.

Comment

• KingJulien
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Haven't thought of that. In America, we are not allowed to drink alcohol while picnicking! God forbid we offend our Puritan sensibilities. Think about the children!!!!
        Thank god for brown paper bags :)

Comment

• hommedeguerre
          • Jun 2009

CCP CORS Hi-Neck. Fits like it was custom-made. :)
          Le 21ème

Comment

• guidier
            • Apr 2012

amazing jacket but isn't it a little too shinny?

Comment

• hommedeguerre
              • Jun 2009

97 to go!
              Le 21ème

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                • Mar 2009

Laguiole is simply not a brand. The design of those knives belongs to the public domain. Hence the variations in quality, depending on the manufacturer. The cheapest models are made in Asia.

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                Laguiole seems to have two separate lines - one good quality, and price-accordingly...and another gift-shop/tjmaxx shit for $5. The good stuff has exotic wood handles, etc., the cheap stuff is...cheap.
                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                  Laguiole is simply not a brand. The design of those knives belongs to the public domain. Hence the variations in quality, depending on the manufacturer. The cheapest models are made in Asia.
                  I wonder how they all get away with using the same name?? The design elements can fall into public domain, but the name should have been protected.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                    • Mar 2009

It is the name of the locality from which those knives are originated ; I guess you simply can't protect that kind of denomination outside the AOC (= label of origin) system. It works for wine and cheese, at least. Not sure about knives.

Manufacturers indicate their name along with the laguiole mention on the blade, that's all they can do. That, and making the difference in quality obvious.
                    I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                      It is the name of the locality from which those knives are originated ; I guess you simply can't protect that kind of denomination outside the AOC (= label of origin) system. It works for wine and cheese, at least. Not sure about knives.

Manufacturers indicate their name along with the laguiole mention on the blade, that's all they can do. That, and making the difference in quality obvious.
                      Gotcha...I didn't realize it was a locale. You'd think someone would have done what the "champagne district" did and at least ensure anything with the name was at least produced in the region.

Comment

• thomcat
                        • May 2009

received this via mail today. as always thanks to lostnfound.jp for the proxy! great service as always O-K!
                        its a lumen et umbra leather, love the feel and texture of the leather.

Comment

• Patroklus
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                          Gotcha...I didn't realize it was a locale. You'd think someone would have done what the "champagne district" did and at least ensure anything with the name was at least produced in the region.

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

^ I have no doubt they were sent a nasty letter and then sued.

Champagne bitches iz viscous.

Comment

• Patroklus
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2011

I could go buy "California Champagne" right now if I want to.

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

It's european legislation...but they still sue everyone abroad. They've been fighting with Korbel for years.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎