X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
    nothing like harkening to the days where people died of colds, women couldn't vote, blacks were second class citizens, no air conditioning, slave wages and slave labor. the good old days. smh
    Congo is but a plane ticket away...
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• cremaster
      • Jan 2010

Bring down the hammer - dictators; not strict enough - diluting the vision; want to change things - sellout; banal posting - mods fault....

I'm hearing a lot of of that.

What I don't hear - acknowledgement (or very little) for the IMMENSE effort to keep this site rolling.
      Last edited by cremaster; 07-12-2012, 03:06 AM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

• the breaks
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
        Says the guy who wears only Slimane-era Dior Homme and Cloak like it was 2005 again.
        i think it's weird how you go directly to personal insults when people criticize a designer whose clothes you like to wear
        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
          i think it's weird how you go directly to personal insults when people criticize a designer whose clothes you like to wear
          You think it's weird? Have you ever been on the internet before? Also I don't think I'd consider it a personal insult, since we're on a message board about clothing, and I don't think casem took it that way.

Comment

• endorphinz
            Banned
            • Jun 2009

Nope it's the worker suit and pants. Pajamas are different, ask Andrew, he has em. Nice soloist haul.
            please excuse my ignorance but are you referencing actual pajamas?

Comment

• several_girls
              • Nov 2010

You think it's weird? Have you ever been on the internet before? Also I don't think I'd consider it a personal insult, since we're on a message board about clothing, and I don't think casem took it that way.
              Just because other people do it doesn't mean you get a free pass. I also don't think this being a forum "just about clothing" excuses anything either. Standards such as prohibiting racism and homophobia are still upheld here. Furthermore, I think many of us actually take clothing somewhat seriously, or at least more seriously than the average person.

Plus, sarcasm is difficult to translate over the internet. Unless you know them personally, I'd refrain from making comments like that. I scrolled past your comment was thought, "daaaaaang ouch" but I decided to leave it alone. Now that you're defending yourself though I thought I'd weigh in. I'm no moral authority though, so please feel free to disregard my chatter.

EDIT: HWith pointed out my poor editing, I've amended the (grievous) error.
              Last edited by several_girls; 07-12-2012, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cremaster View Post
                Bring down the hammer - dictators; not strict enough - diluting the vision; want to change things - sellout; banal posting - mods fault....

I'm hearing a lot of of that.

What I don't hear - acknowledgement (or very little) for the IMMENSE effort to keep this site rolling.
                What I want to see is contribution instead of bitching. Yesterday, I started a thread on a promising young designer - 0 replies.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by several_girls View Post
                  Just because other people do it doesn't mean you get a free pass. I also don't think this being a forum "just about clothing" excuses anything either. Standards such as racism and homophobia are still upheld here. Furthermore, I think many of us actually take clothing somewhat seriously, or at least more seriously than the average person.

Plus, sarcasm is difficult to translate over the internet. Unless you know them personally, I'd refrain from making comments like that. I scrolled past your comment was thought, "daaaaaang ouch" but I decided to leave it alone. Now that you're defending yourself though I thought I'd weigh in. I'm no moral authority though, so please feel free to disregard my chatter.
                  Say what?
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Who said that? Show me the post - I must've missed it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the breaks
                      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post

i think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here, he probably meant to say you wouldn't allow it but it came out as if you would (and had) :P
                      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• MikeN
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by several_girls View Post
                        Just because other people do it doesn't mean you get a free pass. I also don't think this being a forum "just about clothing" excuses anything either. Standards such as racism and homophobia are still upheld here. Furthermore, I think many of us actually take clothing somewhat seriously, or at least more seriously than the average person.

Wow...

Comment

• several_girls
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Oh, sorry, no one has said anything like that.

I was making an analogy show MikeNouveau that his reasoning was faulty. He defended a rather sharp criticism of casem by saying "we're on a message board about clothing."

Now I've further derailed the recent purchases thread and I feel bad. I will shut up now.

Comment

• MikeN
                            • Nov 2007

So you likened my comment about casem, Dior Homme, and Cloak to racism and homophobia? Great 169th post.

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by merz
                              dude, its fine to call people out on the substance of their posts but .. can we leave the postcount alone? some fellow with 106 called alfonso and i a bunch of ingrates a few posts above

ps: i, too, am confused about the racism and homophobia thing.. not sure what is happening here anymore.
                              what is happening is a bunch of us need to find productive things to do, see the good in life and this forum and need to chill.

as I've always said, the world is a tough and diverse place and and we have to learn to live with a lot of things we disagree with. I have just watched over the last couple of weeks a set of people who should know better, bickering and murmuring over every little insignificant slight to the point of me wondering what is going on in our collective Psyche.

Indeed this forum has changed from what it was four or five years ago, but so have we as human beings.............I am sure you are not exactly the same person you were five years ago, neither am I neither is Faust, nor Lowrey, nor Mike no anyone else here. And anyone who say they haven't changed does not understand life in any way whatsoever.

I am not necessarily certain that the forums used to be better, all I know is that it was different.........

If there are people who used to be members of the forums who are no longer posting, that is on them, because they are the ones who have chosen to distance themselves. I am not taking a swipe at anyone but its interesting to me that I see members who used to regularly post, who no longer do, but have something to sell and have no problem listing it in the classifieds................
                              its not a problem to me personally, as I really dont care but thought I'd bring that up to reinforce my point.

I think there are ways to deal with the issues we have at hand minus all the personal swiped and veiled attacks that I see going on................all this reminds me of a significant point jamaican DJ Ninja Man made about when he was in prison.

He said in prison there wasn't anything much to do and inmates who were friends would reason all day till there was nothing interesting to reason about so they started fighting..........It wasn't that they didn't respect each other but being in the same place everyday at times with not much to talk about they found some kind of release in fighting..................maybe we are experiencing some of that on SZ now.
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• PoubelleMaBelle
                                • Feb 2012

:)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎