Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dropt
    • May 2009

When I saw a pair of RO combat boots the other day I instantly thought of army combat boots.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

I suppose its the rounded toe and the slightly slanted shaft, but they still don't look like guidi to mee. The toe box is much higher and bulkier, the welt seems different, stitching on the back is something I havent seen guidi do, same for other detailing like the nails... and I don't recall guidi making pull on boots either.

not saying incarnation doesn't knock shit off, because they do, but this isn't a prime example imo.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• the breaks
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Dropt View Post
        When I saw a pair of RO combat boots the other day I instantly thought of army combat boots.
        are you saying this design is ubiquitous? i don't really agree

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        I suppose its the rounded toe and the slightly slanted shaft, but they still look nothing like guidi to me. The toe box is much higher and bulkier, the welt seems different, stitching on the back is something I havent seen guidi do... and I don't recall guidi making pull on boots either.

not saying incarnation doesn't knock shit off, because they do, but this isn't a prime example imo.
        yeah maybe not... but i still got the "reference". overall they're really terrible looking boots though so i don't think Guidi will be bothered :)
        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Dropt
          • May 2009

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
          are you saying this design is ubiquitous? i don't really agree
          That was merely an attempt to show how absurd some comparisons can be pushed between similar objects. I can understand the questioning around jackets and ccp, but this backzip boot reference is just poor.

Comment

• Raw
            • Oct 2009

Those boots do look pretty bad, I can see the nails being a nice touch but the shape is just off imo. They look nothing like Guidi though...

Comment

• amsicora
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Jonata.78 View Post
              AD high top sneakers
              good choice

Comment

• elephantstone
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by amsicora View Post

LOL

At least he puts up the real picture now.....

Comment

• Raw
                  • Oct 2009

Devoa Ramie Blazer

Amazing blazer, really love how structured the fabric is. It's a little rigid right now, but will mould to fit the wearer's body. Devoa tailoring has always been amazing in fit to suit the male body, this took it to the next level imo in terms of developing the perfect fit.

I was a little unsure on the raw finishing when I first saw the 2012SS photoshoot but am now really liking it. Makes it easier to wear casually without feeling a bit too dressy, which I tend to feel sometimes when wearing a blazer even if it's Julius or other Devoa blazers.

Tried to get some close-ups of the fabric:

Last edited by Raw; 07-17-2012, 03:14 AM.

Comment

• Joker
                    • Oct 2011

Very nice textures on the fabric. Quite perfect made of linen~~
                    Is the time to planning for devoa blazer based on lack money to look at CCP…….

Comment

• homilist
                      • Jun 2012

Love the Devoa blazer. Rigidity may be associated with formality, but I would guess the fabric and finish allow this jacket to work for a casual look too, especially once it's broken in.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

The thing though, I kind associate blazers with formality, so when the sleeves in this one crease as hell, I don't quite like it. But I hope you do, Raw!
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleven crows
                          • Mar 2011

A really beautiful piece, Raw. It's a bastard to break in. I hope you got the size 3. The calls to size up for s/s 12 Devoa were off. Accept the initial second skin fit. It will give where it needs to.

Shame given our climate at the moment, you won't have a chance to wear it for another few months.

edit: yeah, those sleeves crease like you wouldn't believe.

Comment

• Raw
                            • Oct 2009

Yeah I got the size 3, I'm really looking forward to breaking it in and having the sleeves crease at the elbows. I really want it to have the same effect like the back of the knees on jeans when broken in.

Think this will go really well with my washi j-pants.

Joker, the blazer is actually ramie not linen.

Comment

• Johngd
                              • Feb 2009

aaahh ramie. Wonderful fabric which will crease great

Comment

• holger
                                • Mar 2009

fw12 - P11 F186
                                medium - fits true to size

Video

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT
                                SZ Stock ausm Arsch und entspannen!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀