X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

it looks ok in the first picture, but there is something strange about how the sleeve is pulling in the shoulder. if it looks like that all the time, I would say the cut just isn't working, but it might be due to the way your are standing? the body also seems to flair out in the back, which could be altered though.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• avout
      • Nov 2011

Poopbong, if you're going to keep it I would only alter sleeve length. Messing with the shoulders on a devoa jacket is tricky work, and I'd stay away from it unless I had a really spectacular tailor. That being said, lowrey is probably right that a different cut might work better.

Comment

• Nouveau Pauvre
        • Oct 2011

Finally ordered the DRKSHDW slave jacket which I've wanted forever.

Apprehensive about the fit though....

Comment

• savant
          • Jul 2011

thanks for the constructive critism y'all

i might just keep the blazer since i got it pretty much 1/5th the price of what Hlorenzo was charging

Lowrey i completely agree with what you analyzed. I noticed the stacking on the left arm and back flaring out.

Im not sure if the left arm was like this because of how the garment was packaged and got creased during transit, but yea

I do have the tendency to have a slight hunched back when standing, therefore leaning forward causing the flare which i believe could be the cause here... When i stood up straight, there was no flaring.

Comment

• blowdown
            • Feb 2011

^ been following this discussion for awhile now,

dude is rude, dont bother about him. whats with changing a new head.....

anyway since you said you got it at 1/5th of retail, what i'd probably do is just offload them.....try out others instead, thing with blazers is that, after you alter them and they still dont work... they go to the bin...

just my advice

Comment

• shiliquan
              Banned
              • Nov 2011

My Obscur 11aw calf leather jacket

Comment

• savant
                • Jul 2011

still having dilemmas about the blazer zzzz

looking at the model photos, the sleeve is pulling on the model too. maybe due to the nature of devoa J shape sleeves ?

my understanding was blazers should be a straight sharp cut, no? perhaps someone can educate me on this

refer to the rear and side photos of the model from link below

Comment

• the breaks
                  • Sep 2007

listen man... if you're not sure about it, just return it

i don't think talking yourself into liking it is the way to go
                  Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by poopbong View Post
                    my understanding was blazers should be a straight sharp cut, no? perhaps someone can educate me on this

refer to the rear and side photos of the model from link below

Perhaps a conventional gold button job, but not Devoa.

The Devoa tailored jacket exaggerates the normal proportions and lines of a blazer. Shoulders tight, roping on the sleeve head is very high. Seamlines down the sleeves twist and pull the sleeve in. Body has a relatively high suppressed waist.

If you not after this, you may have the wrong blazer!
                    Last edited by Pumpfish; 08-08-2012, 11:16 AM.
                    spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

seems like the sleeve does indeed bunch up on the model as well. I would guess its the somewhat curved cut of the sleeve that causes this. Then again, people move their arms constantly, so its hard to say how it would look in real life. it might or might not stand out.

I do agree with The Breaks though, if you remain unsure, might be best to look for something else.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• shdws
                        • Sep 2011

I'm really curious then, what hairstyle would suit/go with the jacket he has on.

"well unless you leave your house without your head it is kinda relevant"
                        In this case everyone who doesn't have a hairstyle that "suits" them, better not leave the house, or paper bag their head.

On a constructive note to the actual fit, I think in relation to the shoulders, his deltoids, they don't have enough mass to fill this particular jacket, hence creases and I'm sure dimples as well. You get a similar effect when you buy a suit that is too big/wide for your actual frame. Also due to lack of shoulder width (most Asians in general from my observation have smaller frames compared to European frames) the jacket makes your head appear bigger if you look at your pics, but there is not much one can do about that.

However you seem to sound like you really love the jacket, just keep it and workout a bit , should be fine dude. I always think a thicker upper body fits blazers much better as it "fills" it up.

But not everything can be perfect.
                        Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• My guess is that pbong just needs a blazer with a cut for a more hunched posture. Devoa cuts their blazer very straight backed.

Comment

• PoubelleMaBelle
                            • Feb 2012

a gift from st. xcrx

Last edited by PoubelleMaBelle; 08-08-2012, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Ugly, send it to me.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jojje
                                • Jul 2008

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡