• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • droussin
    • Oct 2011

no fit pics but i bought the cowl shirt from RO mountain fw12

also a raf sweater from fw 12 but i know new raf aint welcome here
    what is black?
    an absence, a presence, a mood, a mantle.
    -Martin Margiela

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
      I'm always surprised at the "that CCP piece is ugly, what an abject failure that unsettles me!!!" comments, I mean most/all CCP pieces are ugly and abject successes, if you don't understand this much you should stop wearing and discussing the brand.
      if ugly/pretty don't cut it, lets use the words "intriguing" and "off-putting" for anything ccp
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I'm always surprised at the "that CCP piece is ugly, what an abject failure that unsettles me!!!" comments, I mean most/all CCP pieces are ugly and abject successes, if you don't understand this much you should stop wearing and discussing the brand.
        Ugly is ugly. If something is ugly but interesting, I'd say so.

And I think most of CCP is not ugly. I don't know where you are coming from on that one.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BSR
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Ugly is ugly. If something is ugly but interesting, I'd say so.

And I think most of CCP is not ugly. I don't know where you are coming from on that one.
          I think fuuma equates 'ugly' with 'against the aesthetic standards' or 'against good taste'.
          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
            I think fuuma equates 'ugly' with 'against the aesthetic standards' or 'against good taste'.
            There is no other good operational definition, I don't mean beauty in the philosophical sense (say true beauty, where I think CCP could qualify according to some philosophers) here but in a way we can reach a mass of posters here and have a common understanding. Think of modern art where the concept of "beauty" is long discarded in favour of different pursuits (be they expressive, conceptual or formal-the later being a fancy way to say the work is ABOUT beauty instead of being beautiful).
            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• BSR
              • Aug 2008

There is no other good operational definition
              haha i was not discarding it actually
              pix

Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                Mmmm, you think I agree with some common standard of what good taste is? Time to shut down shop.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BSR
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Mmmm, you think I agree with some common standard of what good taste is? Time to shut down shop.
                  certainly not. i was just accounting for fuuma's words... i would guess that for you, neo-romantic as you are, beauty equates above all with a personal and private experience -something happening in the inner self and not 100% possible to publicly disclose or accountable with discursive means.
                  pix

Comment

• avout
                    • Nov 2011

I think Fuuma's point was pretty clear. These are items that don't look "pretty" in a traditional sense, although some people (e.g. us) may find beauty in them. The modernism analogy makes sense to me, leaving behind a "safe" aesthetic towards a more challenging one. A lot of brands we discuss here are on that page, CCP just tends to take it farther than most.

However, just because something can be seen as beautiful in a non-traditional sense doesn't mean it will be or has to be. I find the weirdness of the fully jointed boots very appealing; on the other hand I understand the appeal of the drip sneakers but I find them to be too far along the "ugly" scale for me. CCP items are very hard to be objective about, but I think that's part of the fun.

Comment

• messenoire
                      • Nov 2009

Grail acquired. Linea grey leather pants that carried a 6k price tag. Sadly they are just a touch too small. Most beautiful things I have come across. Not looking forward to selling these.

Comment

• BSR
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                        Not looking forward to selling these.
                        http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?p=390191#post390191

Last edited by BSR; 09-26-2012, 03:32 PM.
                        pix

Comment

• jskidder1
                          • Jan 2011

If they are "just a touch" too small, it seems that they would likely stretch to fit given the normal tendencies of leather.

Comment

• incognito
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2012

i think there is beauty in imperfection. both in humans and in objects. that is partially CCP's appeal to me.

droussin: I like the raf dip-dyed sweater. both are nice cops.

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by chiggah
                              Photos to come
                              Seriously??
                              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• chiggah
                                • Jun 2011

lol , was not planning to since most of you know what it is already anyways. Just to cover my butt if some thinks im trying to up my post count with no proof

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎