Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galia
    • Jun 2009

I've used a pink version for the past year and a half I think, with an elastic band around it so that it doesn't open up in my handbag. I've treated it badly and it has evolved, but honestly, I think it still looks very good. weirder obviously, but good

Comment

• Lane
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
      i'll clear that up finally. jin and i were involved in a trade. 3 julius shirts for 1 size small ekam leather. i received his item before i sent mine out just to be safe because i've traded, bought, sold to a lot of sz members and he was brand new. upon receiving the leather there were a few major problems. first it was a size medium and not a small which was clearly marked on the tag. second he said it was a $1500 leather that he bought for $400 and he gave a link to the ekam leather on ink which was the more expensive version. turns out it was the $200 version that was made out of "Recycled leather" made of small strips of left over leather and was readily available on ebay. so he sold me the cheap reproduction leather as the normal mainline version. he argued that my julius shirts were used and crap anyways, 2 being bnwt twisting shirts from goth_ik and one being an unworn khaki shredded hem tee from midsummer 2010, so i should just keep the jacket and send them even thought the jacket wasnt worth even half of one of the t-shirts and he said he'd just destroy them with wear anyway and encouraged me to do the same with the cheap jacket. so i held the shirts and sent the jacket back and i dont know what happened. i know people get burned on trading quite often but i feel listening a $200 reproduced leather as a $1500 leather in the wrong size is dishonest. i havent brought this up in public to save the trouble of having to explain and jin is a pretty good poster but it was just an awful trade.
      i have traded with plenty of sz members and have always fulfilled my end.
      so that's why i am a scumbag.
      something tells me you tossed his leather in the trash lmao, but I wouldn't even hate if he was trying to fuck you over like that.

Comment

• Fenix
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by galia View Post
        I've used a pink version for the past year and a half I think, with an elastic band around it so that it doesn't open up in my handbag. I've treated it badly and it has evolved, but honestly, I think it still looks very good. weirder obviously, but good
        I'd love to see a shot of this. I'm very curious to see how this piece ages.
        Originally posted by hausofblaq
        Grow up.

Comment

• dalmatas
          • Sep 2008

my new cubs
          Originally posted by cjbreed
          CCP is heroin. no, wait CCP is crack because it takes all your money in about 10 minutes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fenix View Post
            I'd love to see a shot of this. I'm very curious to see how this piece ages.
            same, i've had mine for 2 years, and it looks better and better, and the leather is actually very tough. soft but tough

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by incognito View Post
              i think there is beauty in imperfection. both in humans and in objects. that is partially CCP's appeal to me.
              CCP isn't Carpe or whatever, nothing is accidental, even the drip sneakers have to be made a certain way or they are judged a failure. In fact CCP is the reverse of a brand seeking imperfection; from deeply thought out concept to detailed planning and precise execution it is about perfect results. In fact CCP is so into perfection and uniformity in results that he wants to negate your body to obtain the same silhouette on EVERYONE wearing it, including females.

Now I must say that when I read sentences such as yours I just think you're feeding us some tired commonplace cliche as empty as the one about "timeless style" used by bloggers and menswear afficionadoes.
              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I don't think he meant that all imperfection is accidental. We discussed this a long time ago in the wabi-sabi thread. A designer has the license to work with imperfection if he's interested in it.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                  CCP isn't Carpe or whatever, nothing is accidental, even the drip sneakers have to be made a certain way or they are judged a failure. In fact CCP is the reverse of a brand seeking imperfection; from deeply thought out concept to detailed planning and precise execution it is about perfect results. In fact CCP is so into perfection and uniformity in results that he wants to negate your body to obtain the same silhouette on EVERYONE wearing it, including females.

Now I must say that when I read sentences such as yours I just think you're feeding us some tired commonplace cliche as empty as the one about "timeless style" used by bloggers and menswear afficionadoes.
                  Grande forme, le max...
                  Fully agree. Imperfection is the last word that would describe CCP's work - and he doesn't even know the word. Same goes for "beauty" btw.

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    I don't think he meant that all imperfection is accidental. We discussed this a long time ago in the wabi-sabi thread. A designer has the license to work with imperfection if he's interested in it.
                    CCP is trying to erase imperfection, he has a totalizing view that has no place for it. I mean people see something that isn't sleek or shiny and they think imperfection but it is a bastardization or the word.

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                      Grande forme, le max...
                      Fully agree. Imperfection is the last word that would describe CCP's work - and he doesn't even know the word. Same goes for "beauty" btw.
                      Totally agree about the last sentence.

Je ne crois pas dire grand-chose de controversé, en fait tout ce que cela démontre c'est la médiocrité de la réflexion communément admise sur SZ en ce qui concerne CCP. Pour eux toutes les marques discutées ici sont bonnet blanc, blanc bonnet. BBS c'est du RO qui est du CCP etc.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                        Grande forme, le max...
                        Neither does Rei Kawakubo.

Then I suppose the question is, is imperfection in the eye of the beholder?
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• avout
                          • Nov 2011

Pour eux toutes les marques discutées ici sont bonnet blanc, blanc bonnet. BBS c'est du RO qui est du CCP etc.
                          Harsh, I don't think anybody here was going that far. Anyway, I thought your points about the totalizing view to be pretty enlightening, fwiw.

Beyond that we can carry on arguing the semantics of "imperfection", but who wants that.

Comment

• fireflygrave
                            • Aug 2012

YYPH jacket and hakama pants
                            put a tiger in your tank

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                              • Jan 2008

Totally agree about the last sentence.

Je ne crois pas dire grand-chose de controversé, en fait tout ce que cela démontre c'est la médiocrité de la réflexion communément admise sur SZ en ce qui concerne CCP. Pour eux toutes les marques discutées ici sont bonnet blanc, blanc bonnet. BBS c'est du RO qui est du CCP etc.
                              If we want to talk about the mediocrity of reflection of people here
                              on Zeitgeist can we please do it in English ...

That sentence has more to do with what Rick Owens is feeding
                              us with, than, if anything, Poell.

Anyways if Poell is to be analysed as a totalisation, the problem
                              in this project is the presence of the potential accidentality that
                              lies in the connection between the garment and the body, which
                              is inherent to the field he operates in. Practicality and experience.
                              Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                              Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BECOMING-INTENSE View Post
                                Anyways if Poell is to be analysed as a totalisation, the problem
                                in this project is the presence of the potential accidentality that
                                lies in the connection between the garment and the body, which
                                is inherent to the field he operates in. Practicality and experience.
                                He comes closer to negating that potential accidentality and it is, anyway, one of the main trusts of his project.

I don't understand your Rick Owens comment but then I usually have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎