• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
    Ha.. finally catching up on this thread! But yeah.. I meant it's awesome. Ridiculous= grandiose. I love his buys. And I'm jealous. No sneers or contempt need be applied.

Safe and boring may be the standard on this site but in the context of my physical location people look around to see where my spaceship is parked. Not that I give a fuck about either.

Vagina derbs look cool, C. ROOMS?
    Ha ha, crazy... Looks like my post was ridiculous then - and not in the "grandiose" sense. Sorry.
    Yes, they're goo, and I think that they are fake : confortable as sleepers. This can't be CCP.

Comment

• MikeN
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by rider View Post
      cant get this coat out of mind, or the whole collection for that matter. mike, would you mind sending me a pm and tell me which size you chose for her. the fit is perfect and if i find one i would like it to fit similarly. thanks.
      It's a size M. Keep in mind that she's 6'2"!

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
        It's a size M. Keep in mind that she's 6'2"!
        I was just about to say she got an "M" and rider would need an "S"

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• poniello
          • Jan 2011

Comment

• rider
            eyes of the world
            • Jun 2009

thanks for getting back to me... not sure if you felt the big gulp i took when i read her height, i may be screwed on this one.

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post
              Yes, they're goo, and I think that they are fake : confortable as sleepers. This can't be CCP.
              Add glass chips to the inside for a more authentic feel.
              Have been hesitant to move on a pair of ROOMS derbs with the thought that they'd be too flimsy. They're lined, though. Must not be a problem given higher footwear is made with it.

Comment

• Edward B
                • Nov 2010

Finally arrived..

L'Maltieri knit hat

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ you gonna dye that black, right?
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ Ha! For sure! Man, that's a milestone...
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Haha, actually I also thought it was meant to be derisive, but now I am not sure. Could be either way. Peasant, explain yourself!
                      "ridiculous" = "ridonculous" = "dope" = "bad" = "good"

Gah Faust, all the kids know this...

MBD
                      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• shdws
                        • Sep 2011

^
                        Just so everyone is on the right track for future reference.

It spells better with an e and K.
                        "Redonkulous" rolls out better because of the pronunciation of the "REE" followed by emphasis of the K. Note should be taken on the donk part, like donkey but not, with the "DONK" sound.

Never knew "dope" = "bad" though :/

As shit be dope is always a good thing, not a bad thing.

FML clearly I have time today.
                        Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• Edward B
                          • Nov 2010

Not sure about that, Faust. I like the color. The knitwork is also awesome

Comment

• kanne
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Edward B View Post
                            Not sure about that, Faust. I like the color. The knitwork is also awesome
                            i know altieri is the godfather etc. but what is so special about the way this hat was knitted?

Comment

• wurm
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by kanne View Post
                              i know altieri is the godfather etc. but what is so special about the way this hat was knitted?
                              Yeah, this hat does not really appear to be anything great to me either, at least from that picture. I'd be curious to know what sets it apart.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

An alternating weave on either panel with a subtly controlled rolled edge. The yarn used is top notch and has a variated color throughout in this version. The black/gray version is overdyed so when worn the center seams show the whiteness. The rolled edges require you to adjust knitting tension as you create the hat.

The freeform hat can be worn several ways... I like to tuck in the top corner and leave the other out. Some folks wear it untucked and others with both tucked.

It's a great piece and shows the complexities within something so basic on the surface. Altieri really thought about all the facets from the construction on up for this hat.
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎