Clear All
  • StrAngeRy
    • Dec 2010

Comment

• Squat
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
      A raincoat with chainseams....
      Hahaha indeed... But the tape inside runs over both fabric sides and "seals the gap" inbetween. I think it should hold pretty tight and leakproof, as long as the tape remains attached. There again i am pretty confident, as plastic on plastic should hold a lot better than plastic on fabric. It would be like trying to remove duct tape from a plastic bag.

I am more worried about how the color will hold. Anyway all this is theory, only experience will tell - can't wait for the weather to get warmer

Originally posted by StrAngeRy View Post
      Was looking into ording the same parka using NAS-PTC 13, was told by ccp all NAS-PTC were gone.
      Sorry to hear that StrAngeRy (cherishing my luck and "that the force was with me"). Very nice gloves by the way, crazy color... ROMPIB?

Comment

• Peasant
        • Jul 2009

Moisture + adhesive = good luck. Best looking "rain coat" though. Always liked it.

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Most proper waterproof coats use seam taping, so I can't see this working any worse than that.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• eton97
            • Dec 2008

I've owned a ccp nas-ptc parka and I would 100% not wear it in the rain.

But congrats in the piece!
            you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• dream
              • Nov 2007

a parka that leaks? unless you are caught in a tsunami you are probably safe.

Comment

• eton97
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by dream View Post
                a parka that leaks? unless you are caught in a tsunami you are probably safe.
                I assume this advice is from personal experience with a ccp nas-ptc parka?

Comment

• dream
                  • Nov 2007

know, it's a statement about parkas.

Comment

• dream
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Eternal
                    Pun intended?
                    i knew someone would get it:)

Comment

• Squat
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                      I've owned a ccp nas-ptc parka and I would 100% not wear it in the rain. But congrats in the piece!
                      Thanks a lot for the advice Eton and Peasant! I will make sure to follow it. You saved my parka!

Thankfully I didn't order it in hopes of a protection against rain in the first place, more of a light summer jacket use, as I always thought from pictures, that the chainseam was "all open" anyway, with one part just hanging loosely to the next. I got misleaded and put too much thinking in it, when I saw the tape inside covering both sides. I thought maybe I was too much sissy and should give it a try.

It would have probably only remained a try, because the parka looks a lot better with the hood folded in (I think), but most of all, for those who know the fabric: it is probably not possible to walk thru rain with the hood on, without any additional ear protecion against the orchestral noise this would make

Comment

• eton97
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Squat View Post
                        Thanks a lot for the advice Eton and Peasant! I will make sure to follow it. You saved my parka!

..... more of a light summer jacket use.....
                        Spot on buddy

Originally posted by Squat View Post
                        .....a lot better with the hood folded in (I think), but most of all, for those who know the fabric: it is probably not possible to walk thru rain with the hood on, without any additional ear protecion against the orchestral noise this would make
                        Hence the reason I sold it. That noise is hard work.
                        Still....the cut is amazing. Wish (and tried) CCP would do that exact cut in an over dyed cotton.

Comment

• Squat
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                          Hence the reason I sold it. That noise is hard work.
                          Still....the cut is amazing. Wish (and tried) CCP would do that exact cut in an over dyed cotton.
                          Oh really? I admit the sound might be a little over the top. For me, that was the truly unexpected suprise, which surpassed all my previous expectations. The fabric really doesn't look and feel, as if a garment could have been made out of it but hence, here it is, and with this cut & precision & all... I think I really love it

I am curious to the reaction of surrounding poeple though. Already imagining an overcrowded bus or metro and wearing this... it might help for a little extra free space around, when others move away avoiding getting molested (hey who needs protection from rain, when you can get protection from overcrowded busses instead? )
                          Last edited by Squat; 01-07-2013, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Peasant
                            • Jul 2009

Almost bought one until I handled it. As D said, would be great in a fabric. That crunch is too much.

Comment

• Squat
                              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                              Almost bought one until I handled it. As D said, would be great in a fabric. That crunch is too much.
                              Give crunch a chance...! How can you not love that SOUND ?

Comment

• nellytheelephant
                                • Mar 2008

I still love the looks I get on the tube wearing mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎