Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vitalj
    • Feb 2010

The leather is tanned in Italia an the leather is very soft.

Comment

• Squat
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by dasi80 View Post
      yes, he only make CCP copies.
      sorry, absolute no go
      I agree with Faust, that the inspiration is obvious, but they are far from being simple copies. I actually prefer to see (or buy) inspiration in an obvious or better say honest manner, rather than hidden/masked or even worse denied one. This may be the reason as well, that he is the first young/startup designer, from which I have bought something.

That they complement my CCP really well was another obvious reason for me

Comment

• Squat
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by MCC1528 View Post
        @squat: Nice to see someone else owning pants from Leopold Bossert. I ordered these heavy overlock selvedge jeans and I love them!
        same here, nice to see someone else! Hehe I have the jeans as well, mine started to look a lot better after a couple of washes, only the stiffness will be lost

Comment

• lazyguru
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Squat View Post
          I actually prefer to see (or buy) inspiration in an obvious or better say honest manner, rather than hidden/masked or even worse denied one.
          Could not agree more , Please share his contact info so I can order a pair too ...

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I find this behavior utterly fascinating. What attracts you? Lower price?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lazyguru
              • Jun 2008

I dont even know the price point but from what I see its inspired by CCP with an honest individualistic interpretation , its not like the CCP admirers will mistake it for CCP or even substitute it for CCP

Remember early Augusta knocking of CCp directly eventually honing and finding his own voice & aesthetic

You have to start somewhere & I like the above approach enough to encourage the new crop to get creating.

btw I enjoy IE the most of the above said inspired designers.

Comment

• Squat
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
                I dont even know the price point but from what I see its inspired by CCP with an honest individualistic interpretation , its not like the CCP admirers will mistake it for CCP or even substitute it for CCP
                - exactly that

- Not because of a "lower price" (lower than what exactly?) but certainly because of an appropriate price: I find it sometimes a pitty or illusional, that young or startup creators only openly commit to the price-tag of their sources of inspiration (and not to the rest).

+ as already mentioned, because it matches CCP perfectly well, no need to compromise the desired look

And maybe repeating laziguru but this question has not even come to my mind, even less had I seen a particular behaviour from my side before I tried to understand and answer this question - since I see the pants as an honest interpretation, distinct from its source of inspiration

Comment

• BBSLM
                  • Feb 2011

silent khile jumper and tarak tee

Last edited by lowrey; 04-15-2013, 01:12 PM. Reason: please resize
                  WTB
                  desperately looking for this ANN D blazer in small or xsmall
                  RICK OWENS og dunks size 42 | short-tongued geobaskets in 42 | sweats in small | basic tops in small/medium
                  STEPHAN SCHNEIDER aw11 loop cardigan | grey | size IV or V

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Squat View Post
                    - exactly that

- Not because of a "lower price" (lower than what exactly?) but certainly because of an appropriate price: I find it sometimes a pitty or illusional, that young or startup creators only openly commit to the price-tag of their sources of inspiration (and not to the rest).

+ as already mentioned, because it matches CCP perfectly well, no need to compromise the desired look

And maybe repeating laziguru but this question has not even come to my mind, even less had I seen a particular behaviour from my side before I tried to understand and answer this question - since I see the pants as an honest interpretation, distinct from its source of inspiration
                    But if CCP did not exist, would you buy it? I suppose it's a moot question, since obviously if CCP did not exist, neither would he.

Why not buy CCP instead? Higher price? Scarcity? I am trying to figure out why people buy substitutes instead of the thing that inspired the substitute. And at what point does a knock-off become interpretation?
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Squat
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      But if CCP did not exist, would you buy it? I suppose it's a moot question, since obviously if CCP did not exist, neither would he.
                      It's a moot question indeed, but I will try and answer it as honestly as I can: at this point, I have only seen pants from LB. If CCP did not exist (what a horrible situation to think of in the first place) - then these pants in question would not (properly) match any of my other clothes, hence I would certainly be intrigued by them but would not buy. I would probably wait and hope for more to come

Why not buy CCP instead? Higher price? Scarcity? I am trying to figure out why people buy substitutes instead of the thing that inspired the substitute.
                      I do buy, respect, honor and love CCP - a lot. I have actually literally sold every single piece of ("branded") clothing I had owned and "collected" until recently, so to convert them into or substitute them for CCP. So I can not answer for anybody who doesn't buy CCP. And why "instead"? Since they are not substitutes to me, I find it difficult to answer

And at what point does a knock-off become interpretation?
                      Never, a knock-off is a knock-off and will always remain so.

Comment

• MikeN
                        • Nov 2007

So then... these are knock-offs.

Comment

• lazyguru
                          • Jun 2008

I dunno man , knock-off is too harsh , Why cant we settle for inspired

& Faust is right ... the price is a big factor in adopting something that aesthetically pleases specially as a derivative of something that may be well out of reach

My point was that in the overly crowded & overlapping marketplace of artisanal clothing where lots of new designers are freely ripping off their heros or the celebrated designers as such , its nice that one of them openly says hey iam really inspired by XYZ & this is my version of that . Hopefully they can start from there and eventually grow to a aesthetic purely their own

Comment

• fncyths
                            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Shucks
                            it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                            Originally posted by interest1
                            I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• #ruin
                              • Jul 2011

Why not buy CCP instead? Higher price? Scarcity? I am trying to figure out why people buy substitutes instead of the thing that inspired the substitute. And at what point does a knock-off become interpretation?
                              you answered the question yourself!

scarcity and/or price points.

Comment

• Fenix
                                • Aug 2010

AllSaints is looking for "designers" who do nice "interpretations".
                                Originally posted by hausofblaq
                                Grow up.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎