X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Now is the time for young designers to step in and fill that void.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

^the issue is that outside the auspices of this forum, I think many of the people who wear rick, ann, etc, are bandwagoners who don't care about quality and many of those who truly appreciate craftmanship are more of the style forum/men's clothing variety who cream their kitons over stitch quality and wool selections. On a side note,i will say augusta quality has never failed me. I also think limited materials and lack of scalability stand in the way of the timeless construction we crave at anything less than an absurd pricepoint.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I could see that. Yet the forum has a voice.

Y'all wait til you see Aitor's prices next season. Game over.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

^and to that i say, how many people well-heeled enough to buy it are more likely to buy orthotic jodhpurs than a suit that will last a lifetime. it's no wonder high street and fast fashion brands do so well; I mean, nearly anybody even remotely interested in fashion can swing a topman suit. ccp? not so much. I'd actually love to show my ccp suit to a styleforum men's clothing fascist to see what they thought of the construction.

the fabric is another matter, but I will say, jil sander suits are made quite well and hold up well, a rarity among the designers we discuss. fully canvassed too in many cases.

Comment

• exterminatingphantom
            • Sep 2012

i look and feel stupid in mass manufacture plebe garb. I don't mind paying extra to wear something that makes me look and feel like a I give a fuck about myself.

Comment

• kavaj
              • Sep 2006

Or rather you take yourself a bit too serious than giving a fuck about yourself?

Comment

• exterminatingphantom
                • Sep 2012

I definitely do take myself too serious, most likely developed from massive insecurity issues, but that's another story.

Comment

• tellure
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post
                  My drkshdw jeans are my favourite jeans for everyday wear. Fit me perfectly and I haven't had any problems with the quality. The knee darts are starting to weaken but it just makes me love them even more. Definitely worth the price, would buy them at retail if I had to.
                  I gotta agree with the other comment about the quality on drkshdw jeans varying a lot depending on the wash. I bought a pair of the coated black Detroit's and almost immediately the thin poly-blend pocket linings began to detach from the pocket edge and a hole quickly emerged at the back pocket corner, all without ever being washed once. Still love the cut but these are definitely not holding up.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2011

Thats funny cuz my pair also happens to be wax coated black Detroits and have experienced none of what you have. The only flaw I have on these is a small pin sized hole near my crotch that I have had for a while now and that has not gotten bigger. I think any holes they develop just make them better because they are meant to be a beat up starting with the unfinished hems.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Some perspective: average price of a pair of jeans: $26.48

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• k3mist
                        • Apr 2013

well to me the quality on the rick owens detroits are far from desirable. i experienced the same thing as tellure.
                        i pretty much gave up on them.

so far, ive found the bbs pants the most durable. pretty much because of the fabric in use.

anyway i just got the n(n) 09aw cropped pants.
                        the weight on it and the amount of detailing is just amazing.

pardon the star wars poster :P

and

the leather on it seems pretty solid so far.

and oh im new here, whats up!

Comment

• exterminatingphantom
                          • Sep 2012

Every drkshdw jean I've ordered from yoox and the corner has been flimsy and delicate. Whenever I see them in shops like maxfield though they are much better quality, often times the same style (waxed cotton, etc.)

It could be that different price points have different manufacturing specs.

Comment

• TheThief
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by k3mist View Post
                            well to me the quality on the rick owens detroits are far from desirable. i experienced the same thing as tellure.
                            i pretty much gave up on them.

so far, ive found the bbs pants the most durable. pretty much because of the fabric in use.

anyway i just got the n(n) 09aw cropped pants.
                            the weight on it and the amount of detailing is just amazing.

pardon the star wars poster :P

and

the leather on it seems pretty solid so far.

and oh im new here, whats up!

Welcome to the fray.

Your next "recent purchase" post had better be:

Comment

• michael_kard
                              • Oct 2010

Ann S/S 09 linen coat. I bought this for my dissertation thinking it would be straightforward example of Ann's pattern shapes. That wasn't really the case but it's a great garment and I look forward to wearing it this summer. The cut is surprisingly slim on the shoulders and body, but the wide flared sleeves make it very relaxed-looking.

Prorsum A/W 10 compact wool sculptural trench. An incredible garment but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. If Prorsum was a bit more inconspicuous I'm sure many members here would appreciate the attention put into this, from the crazy bonded fabric to the Poell-esque high waisted cut. Although this coat doesn't demonstrate this as well as other garments, imo noone cuts a slim coat like Bailey and his team.
                              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                                imo noone cuts a slim coat like Bailey and his team.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎