Clear All
  • sCrAtChy
    • Oct 2009

Nobody would enjoy this as well...

Comment

• Bson
      • May 2013

New here! Hey :)

First Ann ring! Got it a couple weeks ago. Had to return another style-- I wish the ring sizing online was more clear, for all websites, or that more stores in the states stocked her accessories... But yeah it's great. Thought I'd lock it around my finger, but it just slides on, haha!

Comment

• Ab Irato
        • Mar 2011

Some top, thank to nictan for the BBS LS

Comment

• Bson
          • May 2013

Baby Lynn

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          We probably don't.
          What about Lynn Yaeger's, Faust?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

When he writes like Lynn Yaeger, he can buy anything he wants :)
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LOVE
              • Dec 2007

just saw that guy simon doonan with a goyard bag with a monogram so big you couldn't even see the print, kinda corny kinda awesome.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Well, Mr. Doonan is no stranger to camp. Some might say he is its ambassador.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                  • Nov 2008

Bson – I've been eyeing that Ann ring for a while. Aren't they sized S-M-L? That would be impossible to buy online not having the opportunity to slip it on. I take it it's not adjustable either, right?

And regarding Lynn Yaeger: to know her is to love her. She's sweet and funny and one of a kind. The world needs more eccentrics, not mundanity.
                  sain't

Comment

• interest1
                    • Nov 2008

p.s. If you look closely at Lynn's bag, you'll notice she had it personalized with a cartoon caricature of herself next to the stripe. I've seen it in person and it's pretty awesome. It's her way of thumbing her nose at the whole logo/status thing, and I thought it was pretty brilliant. She's had it for years.
                    sain't

Comment

• LOVE
                      • Dec 2007

hah I didn't notice that, hilarious

Comment

• Bson
                        • May 2013

Ring/Lynn

Hey interest! :)

About the ring, yeah I pretty much guessed with the sizing! I ordered a Large, but e-mailed first and asked for an exact sizing. I was told they were unable to give one but that the ring was adjustable. Upon receiving the ring, though, it isn't adjustable at all... Luckily it slid onto the finger that I wanted to wear it on, which is around a size 9. (If you attempt to lock it directly on your finger it shrinks down to an 8 before clasping it). I also ordered another style from Ann from this season, sized as Large online, but it's probably about a size 10 or 11 in standard ring sizes- totally different from the locking ring in a Large. Falls off all my fingers, ha! I'll need to return it... I wish the distributors were more clear

And yes, I did notice the cartoon- so quirky and fun. Also says "Baby Lynn" next to the cartoon... I actually ran into her at If and she complimented me on something I was trying on I think- she seemed so sweet. She buys all those Ivan Grundahl skirts from the store-- love her style...

Comment

• exterminatingphantom
                          • Sep 2012

some recent purchases today and from last month

ro detroit pants from maxfield sale

ro unstable double tee from maxfields sale

balenciaga shirt from lncc

balenciaga sneakers from lncc.. got these last month and have been wearing them.. really liking them but I may be the only one

next up, hopefully some layer o derbies

Comment

• Crowzer
                            • Feb 2011

^ The white high top was really nice.
                            Unfortunatly, sold out.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                              Bson – I've been eyeing that Ann ring for a while. Aren't they sized S-M-L? That would be impossible to buy online not having the opportunity to slip it on. I take it it's not adjustable either, right?

And regarding Lynn Yaeger: to know her is to love her. She's sweet and funny and one of a kind. The world needs more eccentrics, not mundanity.
                              Indeed. A wonderful writer and a a fun person. Last fashion week I chatted her up after the Thom Browne show while we walked to the next one and she was very open about her views.

And this was priceless.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• exterminatingphantom
                                • Sep 2012

I gave in..

Went back to SLP and while it was much calmer and more chill then yesterday with the same SA's as previous years, they were even more helpful than ever. Whatever Hedi is doing, he's doing a great job of leading these guys. Andrew was my SA and he really went above and beyond in helping me figure out what I didn't know I wanted. He even picked out a few things for me while I was trying things on and I felt great about my purchases (something that hasn't happened in a while). Furthermore, I really liked that they have someone there that will tailor your jeans to your fitting once they are worn in (at no extra charge) and will add rubber to boots, and even replace buttons..etc.. anyway..

i know this forum is more particular about things, but I feel like customer service has been lacking in retail and SL has done something really cool with what they are selling. anyway, on with the purchases..

SLP 5pocket button fly
                                SLP wing collar shirt
                                SLP microdot shirt

*dorkus malorkus over here.. hopefully that fixed it.
                                Last edited by exterminatingphantom; 06-10-2013, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎