• Feb 2009

M+

Focusing on object details

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lionlimb View Post

The girl that sold me my last pair of Cherevichkotvichkis has started emailing me pictures of stuff she thinks I might like before she puts it up on eBay. I think she's selling things a relative gave her, and probably has no idea what they're worth. I feel a bit bad; do I just keep taking advantage or is there a point at which I need to fill her in? Paid $95 for the last pair and $75 for these.
      If you cannot afford it otherwise, no harm in it. Express your gratitude by sending her a box of chocolates and a nice letter.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• church of tiamat
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by lionlimb View Post

The girl that sold me my last pair of Cherevichkotvichkis has started emailing me pictures of stuff she thinks I might like before she puts it up on eBay. I think she's selling things a relative gave her, and probably has no idea what they're worth. I feel a bit bad; do I just keep taking advantage or is there a point at which I need to fill her in? Paid $95 for the last pair and $75 for these.
        She certainly wanted to sell them, and accepted that amount of cash so everything's alright in my opinion. The fact that she sold this shoes to you means that she's happy with this deal. No need to feel bad really.

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by church of tiamat View Post
          She certainly wanted to sell them, and accepted that amount of cash so everything's alright in my opinion. The fact that she sold this shoes to you means that she's happy with this deal. No need to feel bad really.
          Ethics, unimportant as they're apparently built-in in capitalism, with the wonderful results we know...
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• eleven crows
            • Mar 2011

You're exploiting her ignorance. If you're asking about it, you're probably already aware of it. Is there any way to justify it? Is she wealthy?

Comment

• lionlimb
              • Feb 2013

Good points --
              i don't know her personally; i just won the first pair of shoes in an ebay auction (which no one else bid on) and emailed me that she had another pair and did i want them for $75? I could have told her that they were worth more, perhaps i ought have. However, i couldn't have paid anything near what they're worth, and she hadn't had much luck with the first pair on the open market. She seemed happy to be finally selling them at all, as "cherevichkiotvichki" isn't exactly a hot ebay search term. Excuses? Probably.

Her other auctions are more mainstream designer goods (which she has properly priced), but if i see that she's selling more artisan pieces at low rates, i'll at least send her some links so she can get educated about pricing. Everything that i've seen indicates that thee shoes are the exception rather than the bulk of her goods. I've also formed the impression that many of the things being sold were gifts or industry perks to the person that handed them on to her, but obviously can't be sure.

I know she's selling things that she got for free, and my clothing budget is minimal-- i never expected to be able to buy thesr shoes, took it as a stroke of luck (bigger than usual but not atypical in my world of secondhand clothing) and didn't question it until later.
              not baller

Comment

• eleven crows
                • Mar 2011

Well, now I may contradict myself, but if they're going for that price on ebay then that may be a fair determination of market value.

If she ups the prices the items may just end up sitting there, like so many other eternal auctions, classifieds threads, and ok cupid profiles.

Comment

• endersgame
                  • Aug 2009

Comment

• fncyths
                    • Apr 2010

lionlimb,

I think you're on the right level of racking up "clothing karma." I've definitely been at the right place at the right time after a shoot and have had numerous little treasures passed down to me. Perks of the industry yes, but as cheesy as it sounds pay it forward.

In return, I've also handed down threads to band mates, family, etc. when I'm done with a particular article and ready to pass it on, and there is something quite special about seeing the gleam sparkle in their eyes when receiving such gifts...
                    Originally posted by Shucks
                    it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                    Originally posted by interest1
                    I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• modalsaliency
                      • May 2010

Winter nears, so a bit of a Devoa haul. Jersey over leather gloves, destroyed silk highneck, some basics. My favorite is probably

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by church of tiamat

, not sure about it yet, might hit the classifieds in some time

i'm guessing it will be post no. 101...
                        Last edited by Dane; 09-14-2013, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• Sombre
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                          i'm guessing it will be post no. 101...
                          Not if he can get someone to PM an offer before then. If only there were some subtle way of letting people know he wants to sell...
                          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• blowdown
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by modalsaliency View Post
                            Winter nears, so a bit of a Devoa haul. Jersey over leather gloves, destroyed silk highneck, some basics. My favorite is probably
                            hi modal, how would you comment on the fit, quality and construction of devoa boots? ive always wanted to try a pair, but the prices arent cheap itself, they look beautiful though

Beside they are more into RTW as compared to footwear so i hope u can shed some light on that.

Comment

• modalsaliency
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by blowdown View Post
                              hi modal, how would you comment on the fit, quality and construction of devoa boots? ive always wanted to try a pair, but the prices arent cheap itself, they look beautiful though
                              Devoa boots typically run large a half or a full size. I usually wear 42 normally but 41 in Devoa. Historically they've also run wide, which is why I disliked them, but this current model fixes that. I think the current F/W is a maturing of the footwear.

Those particular boots also come standard with a very thick removable memory insole (of which sizes are inclusive), so keep this in mind if you don't like insoles but are ordering.

In terms of quality, he's been using Guidi leather for a few years now. In terms of construction, this gets into nebulous subjective territory. I'd say it's a bit under the IS capsule collection, which I think is ahead of anything else right now, and at least on par with something like A Diciannoveventitre, which to be honest I don't understand the fuss over.

Beside they are more into RTW as compared to footwear so i hope u can shed some light on that.
                              I have no idea what you're trying to say with this.

Comment

• Edward B
                                • Nov 2010

continuing the Devoa theme:

Devoa boots from FW11

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎