X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeN
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Lois Grüveltner View Post
    I'm very new to PH, so I don't know the different models/materials he's making, so could you maybe tell me what this model is called and also would you mind showing me the black one your talking about?
    The "classic" PH blazer is officially called the "men's blazer". It's double vented.

The "pocket blazer," my personal favorite, is unvented, and the lining of the pockets extend past the bottom of the jacket.

The "Norfolk" is single vented and slightly longer and boxier than the other two. I actually like this cut a lot, but IMO it works better as a full suit than just a blazer.

Originally posted by Lois Grüveltner View Post
    I've been wanting to get a classis PH blazer but wasn't sure which kind to get, until I saw your pictures.
    Don't worry, they're all classist!

Comment

• GucciAmen
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
      I prefer the 'classic' cut blazer vs the 'pocket' or 'Norfolk'.
      Generally I'm size medium but in the black tweed I took sz large.

Black tweed classic

Stripe classic
      If you don't mind me asking, what pants are you wearing in these pictures??

Comment

• Lois Grüveltner
        • Jul 2010

MikeN, Thank you for that - It's great to be guided by sz's own godfather of Paul Harnden ! - I'm looking for a jacket that can be worn with boots and black jeans, since that's pretty much what I'm wearing. So I think the "men's blazer" or the "pocket blazer" will fit my taste.. Well, now I just need to find out what size a Rick and CCP size 46 need it in?..

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

SZ's own godfather of harnden is now about to tell you not to get a PH blazer if thats how you want to wear it.

but we won't listen to him will we....
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Lois Grüveltner
            • Jul 2010

HAHA! - No we won't!
            - Maybe after my PH virginity has been taking I'll be ready to wear it the romantic way..

Comment

• Icarium
              • Oct 2010

That's kind of how it goes. I'd never considered going full harnden or even really considered the pants, but after you break the 5 blazer mark... and look at enough MikeN, vassili and andrew fits and... well...

Comment

• snafu
                • Apr 2008

fuck blazers you need to step the game its a jumpsuit time, isn't it jetlagg ;)

Comment

• Icarium
                  • Oct 2010

Haha yeah that's one of the later stages. Start off with only black blazers.. then venturing into color and then pants and the jump suit ;p

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

i have this one so i guess that makes me pretty advanced

yep. thats right.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

/\ lord have mercy!
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lois Grüveltner
                        • Jul 2010

Icarium, I think that will be exactly the case for me - but it's ok cause it's a more mature look and I'm not a young blood anymore..
                        MikeN and Vassili is wearing PH to perfection but I also like how sir Simone Ceccetto is rocking it!

snafu, I like the jumpsuits but they are not for me - but the wider pants well, they have started to trigger my attention..

cjbreed, It's not black or dark striped but it looks insane and advanced at the same time! - wouldn't mind seeing it in action..

Comment

• Icarium
                          • Oct 2010

Simone's own blazers probably work even better though in those fits :)

Comment

• snafu
                            • Apr 2008

you have to have a lot of steez to pull a full ph overall/jumpsuit fortunately the one i saw was calling for the one who tried it on.

I couldn't wear a ph (they don't make an xxxs) but i loved the ysl x atelier, honestly anyone with a 44 out there hit me up

Edit: regarding the blazer, you need maxime attitude to pull it off, i love it, wear it with light denim cuffed, white shirt, and cream/ivory ph derby's would look 10x better than any old black blazer...

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              /\ lord have mercy!
                              it has been my private shame for quite some time. but its time for it to come out of my closet. i am out and proud dammit!

Comment

• Lois Grüveltner
                                • Jul 2010

Icarium, Your right he's is wearing a lot of his own things, but the few PH blazers I've seen on him looks stunningly cool !

snafu, yeah it's not for everyone and not only because it takes balls but also because not every grown man can wear a full jumpsuit..

I don't know if I have maxime attitude - or if I want to have that(?) but I know I won't wear it like you'r describing, hence I almost never wear white shirts or light denim for that matter. I wear black skinny jeans and mostly black guidi boots and red cubs atm.. - But still a black classic PH blazer would fit perfectly for my mood and in my wardrobe!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎