MAURO GRIFONI AW13 padded wool/silk/viscose jacket
    MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA 10 AW13 baby cord trousers
    MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA 22 AW13 replica sneakers
    CHRISTOPHE LEMAIRE AW13 moleskin cotton trousers
    CHRISTOPHE LEMAIRE SS14 virgin wool sweater
    MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA 22 AW08 side-zip boots
    MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA 22 AW12 metallic cap-toes
    LOUPEON — archival fashion project.
    Web store focused on collectible garments from avant-garde European designers.
    www.loupeon.com

Comment

• TabulaRasa
      • Jun 2014

Hi guys,

Kinda new here. But my most recent pickup is this Layer-0 leather from SS14. Pretty happy with it so far, though it's been a bit cold and rainy to wear it much.

Last edited by TabulaRasa; 12-04-2014, 09:14 AM.
      The music I make.

Comment

• daou0782
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

how do you size in the layer leather? i wear s48 jeans, but i had to get a s52 ls double layer tee. i reckon some jackets fit me in size 50, but i haven't tried leathers. is the back A paneled or did he discontinue that pattern now?

Comment

• TabulaRasa
          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by daou0782 View Post
          how do you size in the layer leather? i wear s48 jeans, but i had to get a s52 ls double layer tee. i reckon some jackets fit me in size 50, but i haven't tried leathers. is the back A paneled or did he discontinue that pattern now?
          I size up one in general for L0. The jacket is a 52 and PN/P were kind enough to send it back to Perugia to have the sleeves shortened. It's pretty tight on me but I'm looking forward to it stretching to my shape a bit.

Same thing, size wise, with the double layer tee. This one is a 52 and I'm usually a 50.

It's not the A paneled. He's still making that pattern but for this piece I wanted a straight cut.
          The music I make.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

thats a great jacket
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• TabulaRasa
              • Jun 2014

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              thats a great jacket
              Thanks! My first real investment in a leather. Planning on hanging on to it for a good long time. Cheers.
              The music I make.

Comment

• yubbermax
                • Jun 2014

Got this _7 jacket off of Rakuten and apparently it is a sample. Does exhibition sample mean it was shown on the runway or was it just for some display?

Tags: http://i.imgur.com/KPHTHZQl,6ZKRuVpl

The same model of coat was shown on the runway: http://i.imgur.com/kZwE55c.jpg
                Last edited by yubbermax; 12-05-2014, 01:17 PM. Reason: Added runway pic

Comment

• daou0782
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

i've had sample items that i never saw on the runway.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by yubbermax View Post
                    Got this _7 jacket off of Rakuten and apparently it is a sample. Does exhibition sample mean it was shown on the runway or was it just for some display?
                    Anywhere from runway to prototype as far as I can tell.

Comment

• BodyDouble
                      • Jan 2014

I have a hybrid Recent Purchase / Small Question / Yes or No combo here -

Instakopped this Stooges on Farfetch for $1000 even, Moody FW14
                      A few questions, Not that I don't think it's legit because the pattern and detailing is similar to other Rick Jackets, however the tag is notably different even compared to my other Italy and Moldova jackets. The leather feels super thin, though it seems to be ok, it doesn't wow me in the very least.. Maybe something light to be worn in the spring. The interior pocket zippers are much tinier than i've seen on any other interior Rick zip i've had. Finally, the tag says LGI (can't find any info on this other than a japanese website that says it's Sheep) however it doesn't state what kind of leather it is on the tag like other Rick jackets. Not really sure if I should keep or not as I do like the way it fits or wait for another price drop on a full grain calf.

Comment

• nicelynice
                        • Oct 2009

That jacket is legit, LGI is one of the lightest (and IMO, worst) leathers that Rick has used. It's a thin lamb, the prices on the LGI jackets were about half a grand cheaper than the other leathers. I'd definitely save up for a sturdier leather, especially on a jacket like the stooges.

Comment

• BodyDouble
                          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post
                          That jacket is legit, LGI is one of the lightest (and IMO, worst) leathers that Rick has used. It's a thin lamb, the prices on the LGI jackets were about half a grand cheaper than the other leathers. I'd definitely save up for a sturdier leather, especially on a jacket like the stooges.
                          Thanks NN, I have to agree, the leather is very uninspiring.. Reminded me of something one can find at a Kooples or similar brand Mall store unfortunately.

What current Stooges would you recommend ? Full grain calf ? I've had my eye on two -

Last edited by BodyDouble; 12-05-2014, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Deux_Oiseaux
                            • Sep 2012

p#2 wool/cotton drawstring sweatshirt
                            c#3 cotton/wool drawstring trousers
                            both jan jan!

Comment

• nicelynice
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by BodyDouble View Post
                              Thanks NN, I have to agree, the leather is very uninspiring.. Reminded me of something one can find at a Kooples or similar brand Mall store unfortunately.

What current Stooges would you recommend ? Full grain calf ? I've had my eye on two -

http://www.mrporter.com/mens/rick_ow...-jacket/440843
                              Full grain calf is my favorite of the season, quite thick and substantial - I'd pick it up from Idol if that's your size, excellent price and the dudes who run it seem pretty cool

Comment

• Peasant
                                • Jul 2009

Rules to live by: Never shop online for a leather ever forever.

A few pieces came in this week: Dick Bombs and a t-shirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎