BBS 11

I LOVE IT

Tragen Schwarz, jeden Tag
    bis es was dunkleres gibt

Comment

• bukka
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
      Not a diffusion line tho. But diffusion lines that are over-labelled are actually better for a certain kind of conspicuous consumer than the usually more expensive mainline, so labelling became sought after in and of itself, and eventually that same tendency morphed into over-labelling as a self-sustaining fashion trend rather than simply a justification for putting a high price-tag on a cheap t-shirt. And so the whole garish mess climbed its way back up to fashion shows.

I dunno, I can't stand it personally, but that's more out of a general dislike of having things written on me/seeing things written on people. There's something strangely intrusive/passive-aggressive about clothes that force you to read them, like they're trying too much to say what they are rather than show it. But that may just be me, I know many people quite like written bits and pieces on their clothing.
      My bad, you're right. Have a look at 11 by BBS then
      More seriously, I completely agree with you. I'm more attracted to a complete absence of label where the garment states his values by its outstanding quality.
      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Icarium
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by bukka View Post
        I'm more attracted to a complete absence of label where the garment states his values by its outstanding quality.
        I'm definitely more towards the Cayce Pollard side of the brand spectrum as well. Your line of reasoning is something I've leaned on in the past, but also I wonder if there's a personalness I want to maintain.

Like I recoil slightly from the thought of random people knowing exactly what I possess because I'd like to keep that aspect of the knowledge/experience personal. Such that their knowledge and reaction is informed merely by the actual appearance of the clothing.

I don't know how it is on average. But I am curious how much passbyers' reactions are informed by brand versus actual appearance. My pessimistic gut feels like for most it may be heavily skewed towards brand.

Comment

• hausofblaq
          • Oct 2014

More seriously, I completely agree with you. I'm more attracted to a complete absence of label where the garment states his values by its outstanding quality.
          I personally like the unique details that some designers throw in to distinguish their piece from others, such as BBS' extended lining in some of his leathers, or that stitched leather flap under RO's zippers for his leathers (sorry, I have no idea what it's actually called ).

Comment

• Scander
            • Jul 2013

My bad, you're right. Have a look at 11 by BBS then
            The beauty of silence in other words.

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
              I personally like the unique details that some designers throw in to distinguish their piece from others, such as BBS' extended lining in some of his leathers, or that stitched leather flap under RO's zippers for his leathers (sorry, I have no idea what it's actually called ).
              I kind of don't. It makes me feel like the designer is wearing me and that I'm showing a status, when often times I just want to wear weird clothes with an original, unique design. I think it also complicates the styling if you're mixing labels. I've avoided the classic Geobasket colorway for that reason, and lately, I've been tucking in the drawstrings of Rick pants unless I specifically want that sweatpants look or if I feel like doing 'that Rick' look.
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• snafu
                • Apr 2008

sounds like pish to me ^^^

If you are unsure, then the only sure thing, is that it ain't working.

You don't like the brand name fair enough, but this long a debate about something so small is stupid. Those sneakers would work on anyone who likes them and is comfortable in them to pull them off.

To say you want to wear weird clothes in unique way... then to talk about Rick; who is pretty much the go to designer of the moment and the most covered in the press, even in the likes in, NYtimes, Telegraph, wallpaper and so on, its just funny.

Iv seen plenty of people pull these off, fashionistas and die hard yohji fans. Its not about the product but how you wear it, ultimately you need to feel comfortable and confident.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                  • Sep 2010

^Definitely true, though the definition of comfortable can go in a lot of directions both physically and emotionally, particularly in fashion.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                    To say you want to wear weird clothes in unique way...
                    What are you talking about? That's not what I said. And I don't care if I'm pulling something off, that's not a high priority for me and not something that I mentioned either. Not sure what you're debating against but it sure wasn't anything I was talking about.
                    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• jap808
                      • Dec 2012

Gum-time with Boris!
                      Sunday, I've bought two "Structurism" gum-dyed basic pieces (courtesy of Daad Dantone):
                      zipper cardigan

love the fabric and color at first sight... plus, I've never had a zipper by BBS so it was about time...

cold dyed pants:

BBS sweatpants construction, fabric similar to ribbed velvet, love the metallic stup/pin/buttons on leg's end... Very similar to cardigan: wear them together and get ready for the gym (kiddin ... only Rick at the gym )...

Just a doubt about the shoes to pair with the pants: I guess the sneakers (black-on-black RO dunks) will make the look too sporty... I'll try with lace up boots and see...

ps: thanks Gucci
                      Last edited by jap808; 01-09-2015, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                        • Sep 2014

Nice pieces, but I can't see working out in them, BBS is typically quite thick... Unless perhaps your doing a run outdoors in the winter!

Comment

• GucciAmen
                          • Sep 2014

May as well start contributing to this thread... Sorry for the poor quality pictures, doesn't really do the pieces justice (iPhone).

CCP Derbies (Single Piece Construction)

[IMG][/IMG]

BBS P11-V2 AW10 (100% Wool Exterior)

[IMG]
                          [/IMG]
                          Last edited by GucciAmen; 01-15-2015, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• gregor
                            • Oct 2014

gucciamen those single piece derbies look gorgeous

picked this up today on a bit of a whim; aw10 viridi anne longsleeve

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                              • Dec 2012

Hey Jap808, this zipper sweatshirt / cardigan is awesome... and I'm kinda tempted to buy it too....
                              May I ask what size are you and how is the fit / sizing? My experience with BBS is rather limited but I believe a sz M. would fit me nice... (I'm a sz 48, M in drkshdw and 50 in RO tops and leathers).

Also, pardon my ignorance fellow sz-ers', but what does "gum dyed" really mean? it's all over Boris recent season(s?)... couldn't find much info on the net... maybe someone around here could explain a bit?

Originally posted by jap808 View Post
                              Gum-time with Boris!
                              Sunday, I've bought two "Structurism" gum-dyed basic pieces (courtesy of Daad Dantone):
                              zipper cardigan

love the fabric and color at first sight... plus, I've never had a zipper by BBS so it was about time...

Comment

• neongud
                                • Mar 2013

Sorry for the terrible cell phone pic, but this is just fucking sick.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎