• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="Faust"]

On a different note, finally found a great deal on an LCD. By the way, if anyone is on the market, I have a coupon code that takes off HALF off of MSRP. I paid $50, but never got to use it (found another way to do this through my job), so if anyone wants to reimburse me for it, let me know! These are new, "slim line" (25% slimmer than previous models) 1080p models top of the line SHARP Aquos that don't go on sale. I got a 46" for $1300+tax (free delivery).

http://www.sharpusa.com/products/ModelLanding/0,1058,1921,00.html

[/quote]

Awesome timing Faust, haha. Would you mind pm'ing me the coupon code? I've been looking for something to replace the old Sharp I have. :)
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• nairb49
      • Dec 2006

wow, wish i knew about this a few weeks ago! paid almost the same for my 37 aquos

great tvs though.

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

2 prix fixe meals (9+ courses) at per se at columbus circle for our 4th anniversary. best meal i've ever had. very pricey, but worth it!

also had a 3 course desert tasting menu at wd-50 last night.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Awesome Joey!

Man... I can only imagine how it was. Thomas Keller is a true master.

How did you like wd50? I love how its kinda tucked away.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

wd-50 was great. the desert dishes were pretty imaginative and each ingredient complimented one another. i definitely want to go there for the prix fixe dinner.

i was actually expecting the interior of the restaurant to be a lot more modern and sleek and not the bar-ish ambiance it exudes.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• bakla
              • Oct 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

wd-50 was great. the desert dishes were pretty imaginative and each ingredient complimented one another. i definitely want to go there for the prix fixe dinner.

i was actually expecting the interior of the restaurant to be a lot more modern and sleek and not the bar-ish ambiance it exudes.

[/quote]

Was this your first time? How was the food and service? wd-50 was my favorite restaurant since it opened, but in the past two years I've heard nothing but complaints from friends who went back. I was thinking of taking some friends for dinner there this Friday but have opted for the tasting menu at Eleven Madison Park instead... easier location to stumble home from, drunk and full after 13 frickin' courses![73]

edit: oh, I just realized after rereading your post that you didn't have dinner there. Dessert has always been amazing at wd-50, although I think the pastry chef has changed since I last ate there...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Complaints really? Wow, when i went about 7-8 months ago it was flawless. Everything came perfectly in order along with the extra entrees my brother and I ordered and we met with Chef Dufresne and Mason afterwards too and talked about molecular cooking in general. It was one of the best meals I've ever had (minibar being the other equal).

You're right Sam Mason left and runs his own place called Tailor. Haven't read up on it/visited it myself but it may be on the menu for winter when I'm back in NYC for a bit.

The new pastry chef at WD50 is Alex Stupak from Alinea. I've looked at his reworked dessert menu and it's pretty nice in style. He definitely tried to retain a bit of Mason's flavor in the dessert menu as not to completely redo the menu.I'm sure Joey can speak more about it!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• bakla
                  • Oct 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Complaints really? Wow, when i went about 7-8 months ago it was flawless. Everything came perfectly in order along with the extra entrees my brother and I ordered and we met with Chef Dufresne and Mason afterwards too and talked about molecular cooking in general. It was one of the best meals I've ever had (minibar being the other equal).

You're right Sam Mason left and runs his own place called Tailor. Haven't read up on it/visited it myself but it may be on the menu for winter when I'm back in NYC for a bit.

The new pastry chef at WD50 is Alex Stupak from Alinea. I've looked at his reworked dessert menu and it's pretty nice in style. He definitely tried to retain a bit of Mason's flavor in the dessert menu as not to completely redo the menu.I'm sure Joey can speak more about it!

[/quote]

I know, it's hard to believe that wd-50 could be anything but great, but the first 5 or 6 times I ate there (and before that at 71 Clinton), it WAS flawless (met both Wylie and his dad, if I recall), but the last time about a year ago the service was spotty and one of our dishes wasn't so great. I wondered if it was because we got a late seating, but really, that shouldn't have anything to do with it. So I decided to take a break. I then heard that a friend who had a big birthday party in their private room got really bad service and cold food, while another friend who went there in February didn't care for it, after all my ravings. I was going to go back to try the new Fall menu, and I really want it to be great again because no one else does what Wylie does in NYC.

And it's cool that his new pastry chef is from Alinea, another molecular gastronomy stronghold. I was actually thinking of flying to Chicago just for dinner at Alinea, Avenues or Moto, but I can't get any of my foodie friends to go with me. Seems a shame to eat alone.

My current faves right now are Degustation and Eleven Madison Park. Degustation is particularly appealing because it's such a small setting (only 16 seats) but chef Wesley Genovart is amazing. Plus, the prix fixe tasting is a steal at 5 courses for $50! Although avoid the overly fatty dishes like the lamb belly - you could easily overdose on fat!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Oh man, yet another place to try. Gotta love the city for what it brings to the literal table.

My girlfriend and I are going to try to score a table at Masa sometime over winter break and experience something amazing....

I may have to call in a favor to my friend with the amex black card ;)

Comment

• bakla
                      • Oct 2006

Maybe there should be a foodie thread on SZ!

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

margiela black cotton shirt,

margiela stripe cotton shirt,

Black Nexus Oxford

Brown Nexus Suede Boot

Apple 4G I-Phone

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Chim
                          • Dec 2006

so my julius jacket came in, wow if anybody is on the fence about julius leathers then get off of it right now. It's calf leather treated with gasoline, and its the softest, smoothest most substantial leather i've ever felt. Fits like a dream, its an extended length blazer with really interesting details and long sleeves. The lining is actually floating in this piece- it isn't sewn up at the bottom, so you can actually flip the leather inside and out and look at the flawless suede side. It's extremely impressive; I daresay the leather is better than both Rick Owens' pieces i've handled that costs four times the price.

Pictures when i can find my digicam charger...

Comment

• bakla
                            • Oct 2006

[quote user="Chim"]

so my julius jacket came in, wow if anybody is on the fence about julius leathers then get off of it right now. It's calf leather treated with gasoline, and its the softest, smoothest most substantial leather i've ever felt. Fits like a dream, its an extended length blazer with really interesting details and long sleeves. The lining is actually floating in this piece- it isn't sewn up at the bottom, so you can actually flip the leather inside and out and look at the flawless suede side. It's extremely impressive; I daresay the leather is better than both Rick Owens' pieces i've handled that costs four times the price.

Pictures when i can find my digicam charger...

[/quote]

Sounds amazing. Did you purchase it by proxy? And if so, how much more than the retail price in Japan did you have to pay?

Comment

• CHRIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2006

random purchases:

i dont wear ankle boots enough to justify the margielas. that, and i dont like brown. so i got those! and some oversized wayfarers by grey ant. andddddddddd:

-ann demeulemeester f/w 06 bias cut waistcoat
                              -ann demeulemeester f/w 07 asymmetrical bias coat
                              -ann demeulemeester f/w 07 oversized shirt with back buckles
                              -a couple more RO tees

chim, post picturessssssss.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                                • Dec 2006

nice pickups guys! Chim, is the jacket you're describing the current season one? sounds like a great piece...and if Rick Owens's jackets are 4x the price, there might be a shred of hope for the julius jacket being affordable.may i ask how much they run for?

----------------------------

funny thing i found in my Spencer Hart blazer from yoox....a Matches Fashion tag!yoox even forgot tocross out the price, haha. i've always wondered where yoox finds their stuff, didn't knowit was resellingfrom other stores. oh well, it doesn't fit all that great, debating whether i should keep it. been striking out at my last 6 purchases at yoox.

edit: the matches tag says it was 75 GBP on sale!!!! i paid $350 USD, so obviously, i'm returning it. and to think yoox listed it for $918.....haha

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎